The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
Humans are

That might be true, or it might not be true, but what is definitely true is that any discussion of it is guaranteed to upset a lot of people. That's why political discussions are banned on this forum, and probably racial ones. People simply can't be polite about certain topics. I'm guilty of this as I sometimes say things I shouldn't say here.

This is an entrepreneurial forum, not a haven for Free Speech. There are other places for that, paid for by other people. This is MJ's house, so I will follow his rules while I am in it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
That might be true, or it might not be true, but what is definitely true is that any discussion of it is guaranteed to upset a lot of people. That's why political discussions are banned on this forum, and probably racial ones. People simply can't be polite about certain topics. I'm guilty of this as I sometimes say things I shouldn't say here.

This is an entrepreneurial forum, not a haven for Free Speech. There are other places for that, paid for by other people. This is MJ's house, so I will follow his rules while I am in it.
Yes I did my best to not be political and just stay in the realm of objective facts but to no avail I will just stop commenting.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 18, 2023
Something I noticed:

At school, we’re doing our music finals, and the teacher would spin a random name generator to see who would go. Theres 60 kids, a 1.6% chance of getting chosen, and some kids were crying, most very close to, and they were scared of getting embarrassed infront of everyone else.

I mean tell me one middle schooler who isn’t. Even most adults still are.

Shoot even I was slightly, but I still learned something from this, and that’s most people are so absorbed into their own minds, that they don’t even care about you.

So no matter what other people say, just keep following your goals.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Consumption Scam:

Another NFL player files bankruptcy. Here ya go MJ. made $88million, owes creditor's $3million.

Brown also owes $1.2 million to a moving truck driver who sued him for assault and battery over a 2020 altercation.

It always amazes me how big the penalty is in routine civil litigation in U.S. court.

I wonder does it make rich people unsafe, as they become routine extortion targets.

Someone’s fast-line idea will be getting into a NFL locker room and pointing middle finger at all players spitting at them in the face.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
yes humans are different but that does not make one kind of human better than another

Also, go outside man. Your statements give me the vibe that your either online too much or hanging out with only one kind of person.

I respect your point of view and its interesting to see how different kinds of people see the world. To me its normal to have a bunch of turkish people around. They are usually not the nicest people but they are respectable people. I never need to worry when I meet a bunch of them at night.

Grouping muslims together is like grouping christians together...
There's always good and bad people.

And yes, judging from the alternatives in a hypothetical world where extremes come to extremes, I would not mind living in a muslim country. It's a lot better than living under nazis or communists.
Since I'm from a place predominantly Muslim...

You know if the country REALLY went to the extremes of Muslim law, you'll get stuff like the banning of interest...right?

We all understand interest is needed to compensate the lender for his lost opportunity cost to use the capital he gives out. And it's also a key component of the UNSCRIPTED Paycheck Pot. Or a strategic funding tool (eg you refinance your biz loan to save on interest payments)

But following the Islamic mental model, they think interest is a threat to the community.

That, is understandable. Especially after we saw the shenanigans of the 2008 crisis and others.

Thankfully, what my country has are two banking sectors.

We have a secular system with interest and the usual tappings of the West...and an Islamic system.

The latter simply finds a workaround with interest. They decided interest is still allowable as long its not from a direct loan, but through sales of a product. So you get asset-backed financing.

Even for investing?

So you will also have secular mutual funds...and syariah-compliant funds. Sometimes you might see both the secular and Syariah funds having similar investment objectives and major holdings...but nothing much different after these.

My point is that it's possible to have a predominantly Muslim country, where other races and business systems can run along too. But a 'gray area' needs to be kept.

Last edited:

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
I have been plant based for a good 5 months I think now, but I have made an exception tonight, as my nanna who passed away made me her signature sausage curry months ago and I just froze it at the time as I went vegan.

But as she's now passed, I will have it as a toast to her cooking, and to her.

Glad I spent time with her in her final moments and snuck in a beer for her at the hospital. She said she would love a beer, and me and my brother went on a smuggling mission. She smashed it down like a champion.

I knew it would be hard seeing a loved one like that, but I would have regretted it. At least she knew we loved her very much, and we were with her till the end.

When you are in this situation people, I encourage you to grab yourself by the balls (or imaginary balls if you are a lady) and do what you know in your heart is right.

Go see them, you won't ever see them again in this world. If you are on your death bed, I think you would appreciate the people you love being there with you and comforting you.

I've seen dead bodies before, so that wasn't that bad, but seeing someone you love dying and struggling, was a new experience. But I guess, we will all go through it. The main thing is she didn't suffer much at all, which is good.

You see some people and it's like torture, almost feels humane to smother them with a pillow to end their suffering. Thankfully this wasn't that bad.
Sorry for your loss, @Timmy C .

My grandmother is dying and I flew from Colorado to Virginia to see her before she dies. Like you said, it's hard to see her in this condition, but I knew I would regret NOT seeing her. I learned that some of my cousins have not gone to see her even through they live nearby.

Enjoy that sausage curry to the fullest.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Sorry for your loss, @Timmy C .

My grandmother is dying and I flew from Colorado to Virginia to see her before she dies. Like you said, it's hard to see her in this condition, but I knew I would regret NOT seeing her. I learned that some of my cousins have not gone to see her even through they live nearby.

Enjoy that sausage curry to the fullest.

Thanks!

Yeh you would regret it for sure I think.

Some people are in the mind of not wanting to remember them that way and I respect that.

I know it's hard to handle for some, or they dont know if they will be able to deal with it, but I think most people are stronger than they think.

I will treasure her opening her eyes and being overjoyed I was right there and squeezing my hand.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I have been plant based for a good 5 months I think now, but I have made an exception tonight, as my nanna who passed away made me her signature sausage curry months ago and I just froze it at the time as I went vegan.

But as she's now passed, I will have it as a toast to her cooking, and to her.

Glad I spent time with her in her final moments and snuck in a beer for her at the hospital. She said she would love a beer, and me and my brother went on a smuggling mission. She smashed it down like a champion.

I knew it would be hard seeing a loved one like that, but I would have regretted it. At least she knew we loved her very much, and we were with her till the end.

When you are in this situation people, I encourage you to grab yourself by the balls (or imaginary balls if you are a lady) and do what you know in your heart is right.

Go see them, you won't ever see them again in this world. If you are on your death bed, I think you would appreciate the people you love being there with you and comforting you.

I've seen dead bodies before, so that wasn't that bad, but seeing someone you love dying and struggling, was a new experience. But I guess, we will all go through it. The main thing is she didn't suffer much at all, which is good.

You see some people and it's like torture, almost feels humane to smother them with a pillow to end their suffering. Thankfully this wasn't that bad.
My condolences.

Honestly these last few months actually had me wondering how I could live without certain people in my life. Including some good mentor-figures I found along the way. I do worry how much time I have left to spend with them...if I had enough time and resources to make them proud.

I also thoughts about all the people I wanted to continue growing with...but they just shunned me. Rejected me. That also felt like a death of sorts.

The best way to ensure I have all the time in the world with those who chose me...is still the Fastlane.

For the people who do feel difficult to handle...I want to believe there is still some good in them (except for a few like Hitler and Stalin). If only we could catch the right thoughts from their words...and give them the right compassion at the right time...maybe the world would be a better place...

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Google has lost its way. Most of Gen Z and future generations will find Google less and less relevant. I'm a Millennial and I don't remember googling much since a year or so ago, because the results at the top of the page are all from big publishers/companies, including products etc..And don't get me started on those shitty AI answers near the top of the page in a section which all makes no sense half the time.

When you search for something on Google, when was the last time you actually scrolled down the page, and down and down? Lol

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Google has lost its way.

This started nearly 10 years ago. It is the search engine for the system. For the Matrix.

Which brings to light an opportunity for a new search engine that deemphasizes, or even omits, big corporations from their search results, much like how Google deemphasizes small publishers and independents.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
It always amazes me how big the penalty is in routine civil litigation in U.S. court.

Tort Law and Jury Trials in America are very open ended. It's why they try to push everything through arbitration hearings.

Another NFL player files bankruptcy. Here ya go MJ. made $88million, owes creditor's $3million.

It just doesn't matter how many millions you have. You have to count beans or buy yourself a Chinese Abacus.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011

Google has lost its way. Most of Gen Z and future generations will find Google less and less relevant. I'm a Millennial and I don't remember googling much since a year or so ago, because the results at the top of the page are all from big publishers/companies, including products etc..And don't get me started on those shitty AI answers near the top of the page in a section which all makes no sense half the time.

When you search for something on Google, when was the last time you actually scrolled down the page, and down and down? Lol

This started nearly 10 years ago. It is the search engine for the system. For the Matrix.

Which brings to light an opportunity for a new search engine that deemphasizes, or even omits, big corporations from their search results, much like how Google deemphasizes small publishers and independents.

The scariest part is this:

Going forward, Pichai said, Google Search would provide its own AI-generated answers to many of your questions, a feature called "AI Overviews" that's already rolled out to users in the United States. "The result is a product that does the work for you," Pichai said.

Nothing like people completely delegating thinking to a company that "doesn't do evil" lol.

"Our recent updates aim to connect people with content that is helpful, satisfying and original, from a diverse range of sites across the web," a Google spokesperson tells the BBC. "As we work to improve Search, we're continuing to focus on sending valuable traffic to sites and supporting a healthy, open web."

Diverse range of sites hahahaha. I sure love getting my restaurant recommendations, vacuum cleaner reviews, relationship advice, and how to wipe my a$$ from Forbes and Business INSIDERS.

"We've found that people often want to learn from others' experiences, and so we surface content from hundreds of forums and other communities across the web," a Google spokesperson says. "Our agreement with Reddit absolutely did not include ranking its content higher on Search."

Pretty funny as well. If there's one thing I remember about how to spot a liar is that they ALWAYS emphasize they're honest. Anytime someone says "I ABSOLUTELY DID NOT" you can bet your a$$ they ABSOLUTELY DID.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Occasionally after 10pm.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
I wouldn't get on a plane where the pilot is wearing a parachute.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
Microsoft is dropping support for Windows 10 next year, and a lot of people will need to buy new hardware to run Windows 11. If the economy is bad, people and businesses might try to install Chrome OS Flex on their existing computers. This should be a good opportunity for people working in the Google Business Affiliate programs. I know of at least 2 old coworkers making a living helping small businesses switch to Google products. It's not CENTS but they are self-employed and it pays their bills.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Amazing how Terrance Howard dismantles the fake "scientific consensus" of the "Standar Model" of physics, presenting the criminally hidden model of the universe of Nikola Tesla and so many other bright minds.

If you are interested in Science, Physics, Chemistry, can't recommend enough.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g197xdRZsW0&t=9215s

AnoxRiggz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jan 31, 2023
Amazing how Terrance Howard dismantles the fake "scientific consensus" of the "Standar Model" of physics, presenting the criminally hidden model of the universe of Nikola Tesla and so many other bright minds.

If you are interested in Science, Physics, Chemistry, can't recommend enough.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g197xdRZsW0&t=9215s
Haven't watched the podcast but isn't that the guy who made his own logic language and named it Terryology... where one of the main points is 1x1 = 2 ? Imo I would not take him too seriously, just because it sounds and looks like someone knows what they are talking about, doesn't make it any more reliable.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Haven't watched the podcast but isn't that the guy who made his own logic language and named it Terryology... where one of the main points is 1x1 = 2 ? Imo I would not take him too seriously, just because it sounds and looks like someone knows what they are talking about, doesn't make it any more reliable.

I don't necessarely agree with everything he says. I do believe Tesla's math model is true and can be seen all around nature.

Captura de pantalla 2024-05-27 a la(s) 4.37.30 p. m..png

It mathematically explains the duality on the universe, you breath in and you breath out. You have life and death, hot and cold, etc. Ying / yang.

Newton saw the fall of the apple and so described gravity... but how did the apple went up in the first place ? The model is incomplete. Tesla's isn't.

Last edited:

AnoxRiggz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jan 31, 2023
I don't necessarely agree with everything he says. I do believe Tesla's math model is true and can be seen all around nature.

View attachment 56136

It mathematically explains the duality on the universe, you breath in and you breath out. You have life and death, hot and cold, etc. Ying / yang.

Newton saw the apple fall and so described gravity... but how did the apple went up in the first place ? The model is incomplete. Tesla's isn't.
I watched some of the podcast and I must say I am fairly impressed with the flower of life model, other than that this guy seems to be parroting from Billy Carson which I deem to be "facebook educated" so for I have a gut feeling that there is something off with this guy or the interaction, the video has blown up completely and Terrance is saying all the right things people in a certain community wants to hear, a community I see myself a part of.

But I get the feeling that Terrence is playing a role, because when rogan starts to go of into topics that are popular in that certain crowd, Joe rogan seems more read in on the different terms or theories/ideas whereas Terrence seems to lose control over the conversation... The problem I see is that this guy is hitting all the right spots for a certain crowd, making himself seem more human, so they lower their guard and when they do he can give them a trojan horse.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
I watched some of the podcast and I must say I am fairly impressed with the flower of life model, other than that this guy seems to be parroting from Billy Carson which I deem to be "facebook educated" so for I have a gut feeling that there is something off with this guy or the interaction, the video has blown up completely and Terrance is saying all the right things people in a certain community wants to hear, a community I see myself a part of.

But I get the feeling that Terrence is playing a role, because when rogan starts to go of into topics that are popular in that certain crowd, Joe rogan seems more read in on the different terms or theories/ideas whereas Terrence seems to lose control over the conversation... The problem I see is that this guy is hitting all the right spots for a certain crowd, making himself seem more human, so they lower their guard and when they do he can give them a trojan horse.
Exactly my thoughts, I appreciate the direction on which they take the public discourse, which is very much needed. But I too get the feeling that it might be a limited hang out or taking control of the narrative to direct it in a certain way.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Microsoft is dropping support for Windows 10 next year, and a lot of people will need to buy new hardware to run Windows 11. If the economy is bad, people and businesses might try to install Chrome OS Flex on their existing computers. This should be a good opportunity for people working in the Google Business Affiliate programs. I know of at least 2 old coworkers making a living helping small businesses switch to Google products. It's not CENTS but they are self-employed and it pays their bills.
Windows 11 is gross spyware. I absolutely do not want to "upgrade" to it.

I am going to dual boot drives when the time comes. One with Linux, one with windows. I'll only use windows when I have to for certain programs. Everything else I'll use Linux. Completely different Drives for each OS.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
Windows 11 is gross spyware. I absolutely do not want to "upgrade" to it.

I am going to dual boot drives when the time comes. One with Linux, one with windows. I'll only use windows when I have to for certain programs. Everything else I'll use Linux. Completely different Drives for each OS.
I use to use internal drive enclosures to swap between 3.5 inch boot drives. I had drives for Windows, FreeBSD, Hackintosh, and several Linux distros. I would just shut the machine down, swap the drive, and reboot in to the new OS. I use to dual-boot, but Windows seemed to always interfere with it. Looks like they have ones now that you just pop in a naked drive:

91ymRzCW1IL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Intel Chromebooks can now run native Linux and Linux apps, which I plan to try out. I love the form factor of Chromebooks, though I don't like Google. A lot of people are doing web and python development on Chromebooks using the native Linux containers.

machinistguy

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
533%
Aug 22, 2022
DFW, Texas
I don't understand how anyone here with a passing interest in chemistry can walk away from the dentists office without 10 enormous business ideas. Seriously, I feel like this site should be filled with progress threads from chemistry entrepreneurs. Additives in our food. The dentist. Cleaning products. Garden fertilizers. High barrier-to-entry opportunities everywhere.

Last edited:

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I got six vaccinations yesterday, while having a slight cold. (For my upcoming stay in asia)

Stupid idea, because now I got no sleep and have fever that prevents me from falling asleep.

Really, wanting to sleep so bad but being physically incapable is a horrifying feeling.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I got six vaccinations yesterday, while having a slight cold. (For my upcoming stay in asia)

Stupid idea, because now I got no sleep and have fever that prevents me from falling asleep.

Really, wanting to sleep so bad but being physically incapable is a horrifying feeling.
Six vaccines? I don’t think I have more than ten my entire life. The last three vax was Phizer during the pandemic.

I remember taking Malaria pills for jungle activities during army days. Didn’t remember any vax was needed.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Six vaccines? I don’t think I have more than ten my entire life. The last three vax was Phizer during the pandemic.

I remember taking Malaria pills for jungle activities during army days. Didn’t remember any vax was needed.
Were 2 shots against 6 things.

Sorry if that wasnt clear. No sane doctor would give anyone 6 shots in a day lol.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.