The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Have you guys ever heard of TaylorMade golf equipment?

They are the world leaders in blatantly making up words for their marketing.

Mizuno ran an ad 20+ years ago that only said "If you are going to hit the ball, then hit the damn ball!"

I would love to hear their thoughts on words like "fargiveness". Just awful.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Quit coffee a week ago to try and improve sleep. Did a 2.5 hour hike this morning.

Wide awake at midnight still lol. Fml
Had a supper of two bananas and a juice cocktail. Woke up at 5am for the first time in a while. Usually wake up at 6am or 7am.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Yes. I saw him reading "How To Influence and Win Friends" by Dale Carnegie. Barnes and Noble's is a hot spot for Amway people. This time it was an 18-year-old recruited by a couple that "Coach" others. It's brainwashing. It's super manipulative and sad... He has big goals and dreams to retire before the age of 30, but I told him he won't retire by then doing Amway.

I tried tell him about MJ's book and how it's not mainstream or in book retail stores, because of the truthful advice. I told him this wasn't my first encounter, he does pressure washing on the side. I told him best of luck to you and left.
His ears will get pulled one day unless he's totally retard.

Those fellas keep loitering in Uganda like vultures loiter around a carcass.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Yep, calories in, calories out. Learning about it was life changing for me.

Also there are great calories trackers out there that make it a lot smoother to implement (I use LoseIt!).
Yeah ! Life changing right ? I use cronometer.com

And yet recently saw a doctor with like 10M subs on youtube say "calories in vs calories out has been debunked" and talk about hormones and whatnot. I mean, hormones are important. But over them is thermo dynamics law.

By Pareto's law, at least between 2% / 20% of fat people would do what is necessary to lose weight (do a caloric deficit covering all micro nutrients). This year I have been learning programming so thinking of making an app to fight this "heavy" problem. Looseit! Is an example that there is a market for this. Would you change/improve something about the app ?

Schön dich su kenne, obwhol ich wonne aus Argentinien ich lerne Deutsch für der Schweiss und Deutschland zu gehe Vielleicht der nächste Jahr.

Oilman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
May 1, 2019
It's Thursday. In a couple days I have to go work for some company that doesn't care about me. I made some serious headway leading up to today.

Just ate, need to go workout briefly and then do work. Will go to a party for about 90 minutes and then come home and do more work.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
You’ve all by now heard about the “ 1 million dollars now or a penny that doubles for a month” question, and my friends won’t stop talking about it.

And I’m a really mathy, I want to know it all kind of guy, so..

I decided to do some math, and 0.01*2^31= 21474836

That means you would need to find a magical vehicle, invest a penny, and get a 21,474,836,000% yield, WITHIN A MONTH which would in my opinion, be very difficult even for some of the highest yielding vehicles.

Just a random thing I decided to calculate, and wanted to share.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Random rant: I don't know how it happened, but I'm getting a lot of Dave Portnoy pushed on me by the algo, and I'm not happy about it.
What a fake a$$ drama Queen this prick is.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
How life feels like right now.

379170688_10231033450329331_8742749852044265097_n.jpg

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
His ears will get pulled one day unless he's totally retard.

Those fellas keep loitering in Uganda like vultures loiter around a carcass.
He will eventually learn. I don't think anyone really starts to take action until they see their life crumble in front of them. For now, he will probably have a good life for 12 years, but there will come a time in his lifecycle when what he was taught would be all wrong.

OR...

He will do great, but still be brainwashed and others will be brainwashed.

I think the latter will happen, he will one day notice that they were manipulating him.

I even saw a girl buy Robert Greene's 48 Laws of Power. I was like who are you trying to seduce or manipulate in this case? She was also very young, smh.

She wanted a book on Mindset, so I showed her Psycho-Cybernetics (SUCH A FANTASTIC BOOK) on mindset.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
The new iPhone release is about as exciting as a new toaster release at this point.

Imagine Hamilton Beach CEO standing up on a stage in front of thousands of people and media and dramatically pacing while discussing, for the first time ever, Toaster 15 Pro. That is how arrogant and ridiculous this is starting to look to me.

New for 2023:

USB C- Translation: Euro government forced the biggest change in the phone.

The camera is 1.6% better!

The battery life is 7 minutes longer!

The chip is “bionic!” That means better!

I bought a Galaxy Z Fold 5. (The dumb phone didn’t work out)
I’ve been refusing to update until they made usb c as they sold me a laptop in 2018 that only had usb c ports yet couldn’t add one to an iPhone?

Now after seeing the release I’m not sure I’ll bother

I’m currently in northern Vietnam, the scenery is amazing, I bought a camera for it because I knew the iPhone wouldn’t do it justice

I took a photo for someone on their android phone and oh my god their camera was incredible

I’m not sure I could make the switch so I think I’ll just keep my old iPhone

It’s amazing how apple has a reputation for being great and doing things perfectly when they have so many F*ckups and poor products

AirPods break all the time

The iPhone cables suck

The AirPods Max stink after a week and aren’t sweatproof at all

MacBook keyboard buttons sticking

If you have a product just launch it

Apple has an amazing reputation and is upheld as this thing for product designers to aspire to but actually they aren’t even that good

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I’ve been refusing to update until they made usb c as they sold me a laptop in 2018 that only had usb c ports yet couldn’t add one to an iPhone?

Now after seeing the release I’m not sure I’ll bother

I’m currently in northern Vietnam, the scenery is amazing, I bought a camera for it because I knew the iPhone wouldn’t do it justice

I took a photo for someone on their android phone and oh my god their camera was incredible

I’m not sure I could make the switch so I think I’ll just keep my old iPhone

It’s amazing how apple has a reputation for being great and doing things perfectly when they have so many F*ckups and poor products

AirPods break all the time

The iPhone cables suck

The AirPods Max stink after a week and aren’t sweatproof at all

MacBook keyboard buttons sticking

If you have a product just launch it

Apple has an amazing reputation and is upheld as this thing for product designers to aspire to but actually they aren’t even that good
Have you been to an apple store lately?

Typically, in The Woodlands, it is 3 people buying something and 20 people pissed off waiting for someone to fix their device.

I won't complain about my iPhone 13 Pro Max. I kept that phone longer than any other phone. My iPad and Macbook have been solid too. I just don't see the 15 as an upgrade.

12 hours in, I'm enjoying the Z Fold 5.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Going to Sapa?
I lived in Tay Ho, Hanoi, with a bunch of expats for a year in 2018, great memories. I can never buy Pho anywhere else ever again though. It's pho in Hanoi or nothing lol.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Going to Sapa?
I lived in Tay Ho, Hanoi, with a bunch of expats for a year in 2018, great memories. I can never buy Pho anywhere else ever again though. It's pho in Hanoi or nothing lol.
Nah we are done now, we did the ha Giang loop and then rode out to ban giac waterfall

I’ll make a post with some photos in the lifestyle thread when I get a chance

Where’s the best pho in Hanoi? We have a couple days left here

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Nah we are done now, we did the ha Giang loop and then rode out to ban giac waterfall

I’ll make a post with some photos in the lifestyle thread when I get a chance

Where’s the best pho in Hanoi? We have a couple days left here
Right in the middle of the Old Quarter really. Tourist area but locals love it. Pictures of the kitchen make it look sketchy AF but it's good lol. Sit in the seated area opposite it.
Phở Sướng · Ng. Trung Yên/24B P. Đinh Liệt, Phố cổ Hà Nội, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam

Screenshot_20230915-172411_Maps.jpg

And Cafe Thom in Tay Ho had these great avocado, egg and chilli bahn mi, really popular with expats.
Cafe Thơm cà phê Thơm · 13 Đ. Xuân Diệu, Quảng An, Tây Hồ, Hà Nội, Vietnam

Screenshot_20230915-173133_Maps.jpg

Funny thing was that the favourite food of Vietnamese chick we lived with was a pretty Western style take they did called Bit Tet. Basically steak, eggs and chips/fries with gravy on a sizzling plate haha.

rory182

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
331%
Dec 26, 2022
v0.dev by Vercel Labs (very cool and coming soon from Vercel)

Allows you to generate UI components for your website using prompts (trained on good, quality libraries)

AI-driven development is the way, I can be way more ambitious with building and get things done significantly faster.

I'm surprised people still aren't using AI tools daily (albeit very useful for coding purposes) - the benefits are increasing massively.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
I’ve had a iPhone 14 and I like it, the cameras nice, but something I noticed is that it matters how you take care of it, clean it, and your phone case.

I’ve always hated stuff with finger marks etc.

So I clean my phone almost every week, and the phone case.

The camera quality is keeping up, but I do drop it a lot as I hate the feel the phone has in my pocket, so I hold it with my hand if there’s no where else.

My phone case costed ~12 and it said it survived a 30ft drop, I didn’t believe it, but one time I was in a building.

I tried to swing something over my shoulder, and my phone went flying.

We were walking up stairs, and I realized I threw my phone.

I hear BANG,

I turn around and it’s rolling, hits its corner another time..

BANG

keeps going, hits the wall with its corner.

BANG

then lands face first on the cement.

Its fine.

That’s happened like 4 times.

But one of my friends has the same phone and his cameras done for.

Im not going to get the new iPhone, I probably won’t transfer over to Samsung or google, but I’m happy with the iPhone 14, and I’m hoping to keep it for like 4 years.

Boogie

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Nov 27, 2014
Midwest, USA
I even saw a girl buy Robert Greene's 48 Laws of Power. I was like who are you trying to seduce or manipulate in this case? She was also very young, smh.

I'm not saying that you're wrong, but don't dismiss the book too much.

Not to sound too cynical, but you either use power or people will try to use it on you as you go through life. The book is great at showing different power plays and how they've played out in history.

If you're going to take a job, run a company, be a student, or buy expensive things like real estate, you might as well read the book and realize someone somewhere is going to try to screw you to profit or somehow benefit from your damaged status.

Maybe not the best mindset book in a way, but like Robert Ringer's Looking out for #1, it can help you think about stacking the deck in your favor and making sure you're covered. I got burned by a close family member of all people. Massive loss on my part. I thought we were close. Ha ha ha. Don't even fully trust family.

There are definitely things in there to help you in becoming antifragile. Not recognizing the crap that people can do to you or trusting that people won't can cost you a fortune... maybe everything. Mine cost me mid 6 figures and a couple of opportunities that I just wasn't in the position to pursue during the mayhem. Many hard lessons learned that I'm still paying for.

Instead of thinking in the negative about yourself or the girl abusing power, think about how it has been and can still be used on you and how you can position yourself stronger. In your case, as a techie, how can you decrease your exposure to someone with control over you? What can you do to increase your control or value to make sure you don't end up in the position you've ended up in. How has that power over you made you feel and how has it affected your life?

As an example, there's someone here whose business could have been ruined by a power play of sorts and positioning of crooked supplier. Ultimately he created a great save and re-built his reputation from what was turning into a large negative. I highly recommend reading this by @Kak . I learned a lot from this thread and how Kyle did whatever it took to survive the situation. That is the great lesson of the story. There are times that you have to do all that you can do and you can't give up. You can't just say someone said "no" and quit. You have to pursue everything until you succeed. And if nobody else can do it, then it has to be you. Great read.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just a reminder that if you're not changing and view "old you" differently every few years, you're not living life.

1694788266565.png

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Just a reminder that if you're not changing and view "old you" differently every few years, you're not living life.

View attachment 51344

Perhaps this requires a separate thread but as I get older, unfortunately I feel like I'm changing for the worse.

It's more of a struggle to stay positive after experiencing some shitty stuff in life but also having higher standards/expectations.

It's more of a struggle to have confidence after numerous failures and discovering that you aren't really that special.

It's more of a struggle to not feel wistful about the past and the young mindset - the helpful naivety, the dismissal of bad stuff in life, the stupid belief that you'll always be young and fit and healthy, the hubris that you're above average, etc.

Not saying that's the case for everyone but it seems to be the case for me. I have to fight not to become your stereotypical grumbling geezer and I'm not even old yet.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Does anyone happen to know cheaper ways to gather data on consumers with specific interests than Data Axle?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
Perhaps this requires a separate thread but as I get older, unfortunately I feel like I'm changing for the worse.

It's more of a struggle to stay positive after experiencing some shitty stuff in life but also having higher standards/expectations.

It's more of a struggle to have confidence after numerous failures and discovering that you aren't really that special.

It's more of a struggle to not feel wistful about the past and the young mindset - the helpful naivety, the dismissal of bad stuff in life, the stupid belief that you'll always be young and fit and healthy, the hubris that you're above average, etc.

Not saying that's the case for everyone but it seems to be the case for me. I have to fight not to become your stereotypical grumbling geezer and I'm not even old yet.
This happened to me after a few life-shattering things as well.

I've related so hard to all of your recent posts where you depicted the struggle.

Can I just encourage you that it can get better?

Lately I've started to emerge from that dark tunnel and it's such a relief.

I can look back on the deep valley I walked through with the realization that now, rather than producing a gut-wrenching hopelessness in me, I'm able to look back on it with calmness and even curiosity. It's easier for me now to be positive. It's less of a daily struggle.

I doubt I'll ever be the naive optimist I once was... but the vicious, searing pain I went through is resolving into a mature stability and an outlook that's starting to veer more positive again rather than the "negative-or-at-best-neutral" one I had for so many years.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA

A mind is a terrible thing to waste indeed.

But in a lot of ways the fact that you feel that way is a good thing. Most people don't have this disappointment over their life, behavior or mind. That's where change can happen.

Transformation is not easy and has to happen at a very deep profound level.

Quick question, when you were a kid did you feel like you were "special" in some way? And now maybe you feel like you haven't quite lived up to it?

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Man WTF is wrong with people. I am trying to buy a 16" proper bike for my daughter for her birthday (no coaster back pedal brake). A few days ago I went to meet someone. Turns out they couldn't find the bike so I could not buy it. It is still posted online for sale...

Just this morning I drove 40km across the whole city to get this cool Norco kids bike with 16" wheels. I get there and its a 20" wheel bike so it is for a kid 2x my daughters size. Big waste of time.

How hard is it to not be an idiot when posting this stuff?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
This happened to me after a few life-shattering things as well.

I've related so hard to all of your recent posts where you depicted the struggle.

Can I just encourage you that it can get better?

Lately I've started to emerge from that dark tunnel and it's such a relief.

I can look back on the deep valley I walked through with the realization that now, rather than producing a gut-wrenching hopelessness in me, I'm able to look back on it with calmness and even curiosity. It's easier for me now to be positive. It's less of a daily struggle.

I doubt I'll ever be the naive optimist I once was... but the vicious, searing pain I went through is resolving into a mature stability and an outlook that's starting to veer more positive again rather than the "negative-or-at-best-neutral" one I had for so many years.

Thank you. As long as I have access to a sea or an ocean (for swimming, surfing, or freediving) I'm better as it helps me calm down a lot. Then, I do feel it will get better. But sometimes the downs still come and I fall a long way still. It's really embarrassing when it happens and I know logically it's stupid as me feeling down doesn't help with anything but I guess it's a part of the process.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste indeed.

But in a lot of ways the fact that you feel that way is a good thing. Most people don't have this disappointment over their life, behavior or mind. That's where change can happen.

Transformation is not easy and has to happen at a very deep profound level.

I'm definitely way, way different than I was just several years ago though currently not really in a better way. Hopefully it will indeed lead to a more positive transformation.

Quick question, when you were a kid did you feel like you were "special" in some way? And now maybe you feel like you haven't quite lived up to it?

I've always been an outsider. It's hard not to think you're "special" when you're never a part of the crowd. It's not even intentional. I just don't do well with any groups, subcultures, etc.

But lately I realized that whatever I do, I'm actually average in everything at best. I don't do anything exceptionally well or even that well. When I was younger, I had this mindset that I could become world-class in everything I obsess about. Today I see that it's self-help bullshit. I understand Derek Sivers' post on being below average.

One factor that I think contributes to this is that a few years ago I was doing incredibly well in business. Then the industry changed and I got hit hard as I couldn't figure out how to bounce back. It's difficult to go from six figures per month to a fraction of that and not feel like you're a failure now. Sort of like one-hit wonder artists.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023

View attachment 51344
Absolutely!

Sometimes at school a teacher asks us to just be ourselves, Im always confused with who I am, am I still the introverted video gamer in class? Or the kid who talks to other kids, and goes to the gym?

Its always stumped me about being myself, I believe yourself is just you from the past few years, and you can change it.

Sure, I might still be an introvert, but I now communicate with other beings, not isolating myself from them like I did a few years ago.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I've always been an outsider. It's hard not to think you're "special" when you're never a part of the crowd. It's not even intentional. I just don't do well with any groups, subcultures, etc.

Yeah, a lot of very smart talented people struggle with exactly that.

Or they have some issue that they can't exactly isolate and fix that keeps them from reaching their maximum potential and really focus and work hard.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Thank you. As long as I have access to a sea or an ocean (for swimming, surfing, or freediving) I'm better as it helps me calm down a lot. Then, I do feel it will get better. But sometimes the downs still come and I fall a long way still. It's really embarrassing when it happens and I know logically it's stupid as me feeling down doesn't help with anything but I guess it's a part of the process.

I'm definitely way, way different than I was just several years ago though currently not really in a better way. Hopefully it will indeed lead to a more positive transformation.

But lately I realized that whatever I do, I'm actually average in everything at best. I don't do anything exceptionally well or even that well. When I was younger, I had this mindset that I could become world-class in everything I obsess about. Today I see that it's self-help bullshit. I understand Derek Sivers' post on being below average.

One factor that I think contributes to this is that a few years ago I was doing incredibly well in business. Then the industry changed and I got hit hard as I couldn't figure out how to bounce back. It's difficult to go from six figures per month to a fraction of that and not feel like you're a failure now. Sort of like one-hit wonder artists.
I’ve tried that before, for me it doesn’t really work well.

When I think that I’m below average, I find myself being fine doing less or worse, becoming negative, thinking it’s a waste of time, and hate treating others like superiors.

I think that I’m average in everything atleast,

You don’t know until you try.

When I feel I’m average or above average on something, I strive to become even better, and then I listen to superiors as let’s say I can see where I should set the bar.

Whenever I see myself as superior, I listen to my peers and see what I can make of that.

Sometimes a student gives wisdom upon the teacher.

Anyways, just wanted to dabble in on this with my opinion.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Man WTF is wrong with people. I am trying to buy a 16" proper bike for my daughter for her birthday (no coaster back pedal brake). A few days ago I went to meet someone. Turns out they couldn't find the bike so I could not buy it. It is still posted online for sale...

Just this morning I drove 40km across the whole city to get this cool Norco kids bike with 16" wheels. I get there and its a 20" wheel bike so it is for a kid 2x my daughters size. Big waste of time.

How hard is it to not be an idiot when posting this stuff?

We have to cancel orders all the time because people don't even know how to enter in their basic address.

If my shipping service can't verify your address, we're not sending a book.

Not worth dealing with the BS, customer service inquiries, the "we didn't get it! Send another one! Refund!"

Ill pass.

If you can't figure out how to enter your own home address, you likely won't be a good entrepreneur.

I'd rather lose the sale than risk having to deal with it later.

Oilman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
May 1, 2019
I went to a volunteer party yesterday, already got another lead to a job.

Today, printed off my 2 week notice. I'm about to leave current job. I already have interviews and other opportunities on the table. Not going to keep getting pushed around by certain people.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.