The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
I just want something to take better photos than an iPhone because my iPhone is old and I refuse to upgrade until the add usb-c and they struggle with landscapes as it is

The x100v is popular because it creates the film look and has filter built in so you can just easily snap good photos with it

Kind of exactly what I want, but I guess I’m the same as everyone else right now and that’s why it’s sold out

I may get an rx100iv I see on marketplace, there’s really not much else out there

We are doing the Ha Gian loop so the landscapes will be crazy, I feel like it would be disappointing to try and photograph them on an iPhone

I have a g85 but it’s too big, especially with all the lenses, something like an x100v, rx100 or g7x is probably what I need

I’ll continue down this YouTube rabbit hole
How about something like:

Looks fairly cheap to me. Decent brand. 24mm focal length for wide angle shots. Will easily fit in a pocket. CMOS sensor. Shoots 4k video. Supports shutter priority and aperture priority modes for artistic expression.

Might be worth buying one, trying it out and if you hate it, returning it for a refund.

Here's a review:

It's available in black or silver.

I note that the rx100 iv has a 24 - 70mm lens which isn't much zoom if you needed it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Just throwing it out there, how about someone does a pool deep cleaning service, you can also inflate pool toys or rent them out. Js throwing it out there.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
First impressions matter...

Some cold emails I've received in the last 24 hours:

1) From a foreign publisher who wants to translate my book. The email was poorly structured, spelling errors, and was generally all over the place. Is that how you will translate my book? PASS.

2) From a public relations firm: Again, the email was terrible structured and not very value-centric. It had two different sized fonts and styles which clearly indicated a "mail merge" type of mass marketing operation. Is that how you will promote my work? PASS.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
First impressions matter...

Some cold emails I've received in the last 24 hours:

1) From a foreign publisher who wants to translate my book. The email was poorly structured, spelling errors, and was generally all over the place. Is that how you will translate my book? PASS.

2) From a public relations firm: Again, the email was terrible structured and not very value-centric. It had two different sized fonts and styles which clearly indicated a "mail merge" type of mass marketing operation. Is that how you will promote my work? PASS.
How do people even get others emails? Is there like a website with all the registered emails?

I want to start cold emailing and calling aswell so just how do you get all the emails/phone numbers?

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

I cried as I watched the video and browse through the site......
This is The Era, This is the Era of AI.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
How do people even get others emails? Is there like a website with all the registered emails?

I want to start cold emailing and calling aswell so just how do you get all the emails/phone numbers?
Buy a list
Use a scraper
Or manually find it yourself by searching or talking to ppl

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I was just curious if crypto is officially dead. I avoided all of it, Bitcoin was the only one that made sense. It looked like people were just making coins that they controlled, getting other people to put money in to their currency, and then cashing out by dumping their own coins. Even Angela Yu made a blockchain course. I don't hear much about it lately, just the government coin and the usual Bitcoin news.

I saw an article about a "crypto millionaire" who flashed his "wealth" to his 900k Instagram followers. Turns out he was broke, was stealing people's money, and someone kidnapped him and chopped him up to pieces. I was wondering if his death was symbolic of crypto dying.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I have a theory about the "Bud Light boycott", that is it has nothing to do with beer. That it has everything to do with the government and media's "war on men". It seems like there has been a coordinated war waged to emasculate men, and men are getting tired of it. Anheuser-Busch made the mistake of participating in this, and making themselves a safe target for any backlash. By "safe" I mean someone that men can hammer, without getting in to more trouble.

I don't think there is anything AB can do to save Bud Light, but they better figure out exactly what happened if they want to save their company. I almost feel sorry for them, since they seemed to be late joining the bullies, and now end up taking all the backlash.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany

Holy Jesus.

I can now make a sick music video myself.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I was just curious if crypto is officially dead. I avoided all of it, Bitcoin was the only one that made sense. It looked like people were just making coins that they controlled, getting other people to put money in to their currency, and then cashing out by dumping their own coins. Even Angela Yu made a blockchain course. I don't hear much about it lately, just the government coin and the usual Bitcoin news.

I saw an article about a "crypto millionaire" who flashed his "wealth" to his 900k Instagram followers. Turns out he was broke, was stealing people's money, and someone kidnapped him and chopped him up to pieces. I was wondering if his death was symbolic of crypto dying.
Nah it's doing great.

It's still a mulit trillion dollar market and blackrock is getting into it right now.

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL

Several years back I dabbled with Blender after learning how to draw some faces and was able to start sculpting some things. Never got to the point of making characters like that but I was aware of all the difficult things it would take to animate them.

Seems like there will be plenty of outlets for creatives to do some interesting things by themselves.

Edit: Found some pics from tutorials I was doing. I had a lot of fun doing this...
CyclesWell2.png
EeveeShack4.png
You can see the resemblance to the tutorial:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlnkGCdtGEw

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKB4N8n8_hw

Last edited:

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Such an anti-human group of bastards.

View attachment 50478
I was once on those “related” posts and articles and I see one titled “The Way To Wealth Isn’t Side Hustle, It’s Following Your Passion”

And he was talking about he followed his side hustle, did nothing for 2 months and made nothing.

Then he followed his passion, for 2 months actually doing work and made 10k

Then right below it was “How I Turned My Side Hustle Into $20 million dollars a year.”

Where she said that following your passion tends to severe your liking to that passion.

What conflicting opinions so close in the same genre.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

View attachment 50478
I really don't get why these guys have a blog and post articles, it's really strange

They control a bunch of politicians and have their secret meetings etc

It seems so strange to have a massive institution with that much power, and then have a shitty little website and blog

Weirdos

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Here's a great idea, someone needs to parody the entire organization like the Babylon Bee.

Name it The World Misanthropic Forum.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Seems like there will be plenty of outlets for creatives to do some interesting things by themselves.

Exactly! Some of us need to vent our creative energies, and AI is an awesome way for that.

Nice low poly models btw lol I used to do these too many years ago. You should check out Spline 3D. It's a fun online 3D software that's good for entry-level stuff and they're slowly adding AI to it as well.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023

View attachment 50478
B-b-but t-that’s true! I s-swear! Im not happy! I spend my time playing video games! I-I still live with m-my parents! I- I don’t have a job! I-I save every penny! Im f-free from the lies of life!

KiwiEC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jan 5, 2023
France

UK_Mike

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 10, 2020
North West UK
I try to get into writing children`s books. What program to prefer in the beginning? Word or Powerpoint?

Does it matter? If you're writing the content and getting someone else to illustrate it, you could just use Notepad and it'd be fine. A bit of a waste of time looking at what to edit it with, IMO.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Does it matter? If you're writing the content and getting someone else to illustrate it, you could just use Notepad and it'd be fine. A bit of a waste of time looking at what to edit it with, IMO.
maybe, yes; or I just could let someone make a kids book, and sell it.
No seriously, I need the way; thanks

EngineerThis

Accelerate your New Product Launch!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI

KiwiEC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jan 5, 2023
France
I always wondered if Hormozi was a guru or a genuine problem solver.

I should give it a read.

EngineerThis

Accelerate your New Product Launch!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI
I always wondered if Hormozi was a guru or a genuine problem solver.

I should give it a read.
He doesn’t sell his services, courses. Or anything besides his book for $1. So not a guru lol.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.