The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Just one link. But you're the group admin. So you might escape being viewed as a spammer, compared to me, since I've been relatively inactive in the group.

I'll email you the full post that I tried to submit.

I will email your post to all the students now - FB ain't stopping the fun ha.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow, so FB is restricting links to The Fastlane Forum. And so it begins. Color me not shocked. It's like they know I know they are an Orwellian, garbage company.

eramart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Aug 31, 2015
Moscow, Russia
Wow.

So apparently, linking to this forum in a Facebook post is considered a capital offense.

Yesterday, I wrote up a post to share in the @Fox Legends Program facebook group. I typed up a few observations and lessons that had arisen from a series of posts in this Random Chats thread. I linked to this thread in my post.

Within 5 minutes, Facebook had classified my post as spam.
View attachment 44935
In case you can't see the image for whatever reason, it says this:

This post goes against our community standards on Spam.
Only the author of the post and people who manage The Fox Legends Program can see this post.
We have these standards to prevent things like false advertising, fraud and security breaches.
If your content goes against our Community Standards again, your account may be restricted or disabled.
You can disagree with the decision if you think we got it wrong.

Wow. Just wow.

I know for a fact that Fox didn't flag my post.

This was just Facebook's algorithm "detecting" that my post was "spam." The rest of my post was just talking about business lessons. The only thing I can think of that was an "offense" in facebook's eyes was the link.

Oh, and by the way, Facebook FORCES you to hit "Continue," or you can't continue to use the website. You can't even open facebook in a new tab without this popup taking over your screen.

So when you hit "Continue," you're presented with this series of screens:

View attachment 44936
Yeah... "You can disagree with the decision, but you can't get your post back." LOL.

So apparently, if I make the mistake of linking to FLF again on Facebook, I'm at risk of losing my account. Wonderful. (Not that I would miss it that much!) :rofl:
I think that you’ve been flagged based on automatic classifier that flagged your post as spam. Not for the links, or anything exactly - your post as a whole came out marked as spam. They’ve probably trained it on millions of spam posts, and yours seemed similar enough.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
@Antifragile sooooo close!!!

I stopped for a 1 minute pee, and there was recent rain so a few sections of trail were mud pits that I had to go around. Now I know for a fact I can crack the 2 hour mark before the end of the year!!

Screenshot_20220830-114045_Strava.jpg

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018
@Antifragile sooooo close!!!

I stopped for a 1 minute pee, and there was recent rain so a few sections of trail were mud pits that I had to go around. Now I know for a fact I can crack the 2 hour mark before the end of the year!!

View attachment 44942
So close! 1min 17 seconds to shave off. That was a fast pee. I typically get a good 3 min lag when I stop to pee. You were "pushing" haha.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

You can probably crack it next time you have a serious go at it considering the conditions (of your bladder and the trails) and how close you were to success.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
This is probably more fitting for my Discomfort Club newsletter but I'll post it here as a quick rant...

So many people today are so weak it's not even funny.

Two recent examples:

1. I was with some friends in a rope park. As I was waiting for my friends to join me, I sat on a tree platform and watched a nearby family (parents and a kid) on a kids course. The mother went first, then the father, then the kid.

The mother cheated on the obstacle (by using a free-moving pulley to slide along the cable instead of trying to balance on the obstacle) to make it easier. She proclaimed loudly she couldn't do it (even tough she hadn't even started yet) and saying "it will be easier this way." (remember, this was a freaking KIDS COURSE).

The father went second. His wife shouted to him to cheat like she had done because that would be easier. And he followed her, cheating on the obstacle as well. As he was walking on that obstacle, he was talking to some guy on the ground that if he could, he would get off the course right then because it was too hard. (again, remember, this was a KIDS COURSE).

And then people are wondering why kids are so F*cking soft. How can they NOT be if their parents can't even challenge themselves in a rope park and aren't embarrassed to cheat in front of their own kids?

2. I have private MMA classes. Recently a guy right after me was warming up for his class while I was finishing up with my coach. The guy told my coach that he had gotten so drunk during the weekend at a bachelor party (not his) that he didn't want to train hard.

When he saw me do some hard drills, my coach said that he had these planned for him as well. The guy's response was that he was NOT going to do any of such exercises because they were too hard and even looking at me doing them made him weak (half-joking but he was very adamant he wouldn't do them).

I barely kept myself from saying "why the F*ck are you even training MMA if you're ordering your coach around, telling him not to challenge you and keep you nice and comfortable?"

This guy, as far as I know, is 30 and healthy. Yet his discipline is shit and he behaves like a child, getting so drunk on the weekends he can't function properly during the workweek.

As a counter-example, there's a guy who's over 50 with whom I once had pleasure to do some light sparring exercises (I was his first sparring partner ever and he was very grateful for the experience). He started training a couple of months ago and gives it all during every workout despite being out of shape (this is changing with every workout).

The guy has a family, a business, a very busy schedule, a f*cked up knee and other recurring injuries, and is obese. Yet he's so much stronger and more resilient than that young guy.

Seriously, the current young generation is destined for failure with such low standards for themselves.

"It’s so easy to be great nowadays, because most people are weak."

- David Goggins

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Wow.

So apparently, linking to this forum in a Facebook post is considered a capital offense.

Yesterday, I wrote up a post to share in the @Fox Legends Program facebook group. I typed up a few observations and lessons that had arisen from a series of posts in this Random Chats thread. I linked to this thread in my post.

Within 5 minutes, Facebook had classified my post as spam.
View attachment 44935
In case you can't see the image for whatever reason, it says this:

This post goes against our community standards on Spam.
Only the author of the post and people who manage The Fox Legends Program can see this post.
We have these standards to prevent things like false advertising, fraud and security breaches.
If your content goes against our Community Standards again, your account may be restricted or disabled.
You can disagree with the decision if you think we got it wrong.

Wow. Just wow.

I know for a fact that Fox didn't flag my post.

This was just Facebook's algorithm "detecting" that my post was "spam." The rest of my post was just talking about business lessons. The only thing I can think of that was an "offense" in facebook's eyes was the link.

Oh, and by the way, Facebook FORCES you to hit "Continue," or you can't continue to use the website. You can't even open facebook in a new tab without this popup taking over your screen.

So when you hit "Continue," you're presented with this series of screens:

View attachment 44936
Yeah... "You can disagree with the decision, but you can't get your post back." LOL.

So apparently, if I make the mistake of linking to FLF again on Facebook, I'm at risk of losing my account. Wonderful. (Not that I would miss it that much!) :rofl:
I had a bunch of those same issues with Facebook as well recently -- it's just automation gone awry here.

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
I have private MMA classes. Recently a guy right after me was warming up for his class while I was finishing up with my coach. The guy told my coach that he had gotten so drunk during the weekend at a bachelor party (not his) that he didn't want to train hard.
I remember one time my old coach Kultar "Black Mamba" Gill came in to the 6AM workout after drinking 16 beers and barely having slept. He still smoked us all in the workout. It was like watching a madman.
He would've beat my a$$ if I came in and started bitching like that (rightfully so).

He also took on Buakaw Banchamek in his prime on a few weeks notice when Buakaw's opponent dropped out before the fight...so he was a little crazy.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Zuckerberg on Rogan a few days ago saying the Hunter Biden laptop story was algorithmically supressed for 7 to 8 days by it ranking in news feed "a little bit less." But then when pressed on how much it was throttled, a "little bit less" changed to "err... it's meaningful"

Hard to watch this clip. The way he was talking to Joe made me remember when I was practicing (and failing) the methods from never split the difference just after I read it, lol.

The complete gibberish stops around 5 mins in and becomes more like pathetic squirming.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I remember one time my old coach Kultar "Black Mamba" Gill came in to the 6AM workout after drinking 16 beers and barely having slept. He still smoked us all in the workout. It was like watching a madman.
He would've beat my a$$ if I came in and started bitching like that (rightfully so).

He also took on Buakaw Banchamek in his prime on a few weeks notice when Buakaw's opponent dropped out before the fight...so he was a little crazy.
I just watched a video of Buakaw Banchamek the other day! What a machine!!

I miss Muay Thai. I really need to get back in to it. Having the teep available to just slam into someone who may be drunk and ornery on the street is a great feeling. I don't think many people would expect that if they try to get all up in your face.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Every office ever has people flexing and posturing for power in an absolutely comical way. It's embarrassing. Nobody cares that you were the one who barked the orders to make extra copies of the report, Deb.

The sad thing is you could be a multimillionaire owning a company and still witness this every day!

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

Reminds me of GSP's drunk Muay Thai coach

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6uhuSimf-A

Last edited:

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Rant: caring about MMA is Slowlane
It's a 3 minute YouTube video of a clip from 10+ years ago.

I don't pay much attention to MMA anymore.

Someone wrote a post about their drunk Muay Thai coach, and it reminded me of this clip so I searched it up and linked it.

You're in this chat thread with the rest of us, I think you need to cool it with the elitism dude.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018
Mikhail Gorbachev, last leader of the Soviet Union, dies at 91 - August 30, 2022, in Moscow.

RIP.

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
Reminds me of GSP's drunk Muay Thai coach

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6uhuSimf-A
That's awesome! Some people are just monsters. Nothing can stop them.

One of the other coaches had trained at Buakaw's camp in Thailand. Said it was the most brutal thing he ever did. When they go for runs, it's all on the balls of their feet to strengthen up their calves.

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018
Having hobbies and interests is how you find fastlane ideas
Also how you can live a quality life. @GPM and I following each other on Strava and pushing for new records - it’s fun! And it’s good for you.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018
The last of the communists... at least in Russia.

View: https://youtu.be/WX00QkvK-mQ

My high school best friend met him many times. For whatever reason, I just couldn’t make it to Moscow for the times when he was available. Back then I was just a broke student. He was a person in history that I actually wanted to meet. Unlike most current leaders.

Now that I think me about it… who would I want to meet? Too late for Nelson Mandela… I have no interest in Biden, Trump etc. Darn, I can’t think of anyone.

/random

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
I've had ongoing issues finding enough capacity for UPS to handle picking up 20 pallets at a time, but my problems pale in comparison to a major food VP having to beg Union Pacific for capacity to deliver feed and avert culling a million starving chickens.

I'm having a hard time understanding how an industry (railroads) can cut 29% of its workforce in just six years and not cause itself major problems in the process. What a mess

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I found a book I am going to buy for mini @Kak . I know his daddy will be happy to read it!

I found this gem while looking for small things to buy to bribe my kids with when they behave without me asking them to.

Attachments

• 20220830_170040.jpg
    20220830_170040.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220830_170107.jpg
    20220830_170107.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I found a book I am going to buy for mini @Kak . I know his daddy will be happy to read it!

I found this gem while looking for small things to buy to bribe my kids with when they behave without me asking them to.
View attachment 44955

And they wonder why we want to homeschool.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
(sorry if religious discussion isn't allowed)

Based on personal experience every person I've met and come across who has religion in their life seems to be happier, kinder, and more at peace.

Agree, disagree?

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
(sorry if religious discussion isn't allowed)

Based on personal experience every person I've met and come across who has religion in their life seems to be happier, kinder, and more at peace.

Agree, disagree?
I’m not sure there’s that much of a direct correlation but I do believe having traditional values results in a happier life.

Casual sex, partying all the time, drugs, being dishonest, not having a strong community and support network are not things that lead to happiness.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Zuckerberg on Rogan a few days ago saying the Hunter Biden laptop story was algorithmically supressed for 7 to 8 days by it ranking in news feed "a little bit less." But then when pressed on how much it was throttled, a "little bit less" changed to "err... it's meaningful"

Hard to watch this clip. The way he was talking to Joe made me remember when I was practicing (and failing) the methods from never split the difference just after I read it, lol.

The complete gibberish stops around 5 mins in and becomes more like pathetic squirming.

The whole episode was really interesting, haven't heard alot from Zuckerberg himself over the years, just how we all judge or reaction to Facebook or Instagram. No doubting this part, talking about the laptop, and also the way he skirted around the shadow ban conversation he was deflecting and squirming, I actually though Joe might have pushed him a little harder, if it were an Jujitsu fight Joe would have locked in a hold and tapped him out 100%, he let Zuck off the hook a bit I thought.

Outside that it was interesting to hear his perspective on the metaverse, where he sees social media going, and the brief discussion about his philanthropic endeavours with his wife. 3/4 through the Theranos book so any businesses or discussions in those areas I'm finding interesting at the moment. All-In podcast discussed one that tests your soil on the weekend as well. Fascinating stuff.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.