The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Pour Your Heart Into It by Howard Schultz

One of the fundamental aspects of leadership, I realized more and more, is the ability to instill confidence in others when you yourself are feeling insecure.

Feeling insecure honestly seems like a universal trait of entrepreneurs. I don’t care if my business is “on top of the world” and things are looking amazing, there’s always that insecurity that can creep in, the disbelief.

To me, I have always found this a fight. I don’t want to fake confidence to others when I don’t feel confident. That feels dishonest. To me the fight is to regain your own true confidence and have great reasons to be confident FIRST. Then you can inspire others to the same.

Cheesy as hell, but I started keeping a running list of reasons to believe in what I’m doing. Add to it in the awesome times and refer to it in the more difficult times.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Feeling insecure honestly seems like a universal trait of entrepreneurs. I don’t care if my business is “on top of the world” and things are looking amazing, there’s always that insecurity that can creep in, the disbelief.

To me, I have always found this a fight. I don’t want to fake confidence to others when I don’t feel confident. That feels dishonest. To me the fight is to regain your own true confidence and have great reasons to be confident FIRST. Then you can inspire others to the same.

Cheesy as hell, but I started keeping a running list of reasons to believe in what I’m doing. Add to it in the awesome times and refer to it in the more difficult times.

Listening to your voice on your show, you display huge confidence. Yet, here and on the show you admit to still battle insecurities.

Is this true for entrepreneurs or just our eco chamber here?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Listening to your voice on your show, you display huge confidence. Yet, here and on the show you admit to still battle insecurities.

Is this true for entrepreneurs or just our eco chamber here?
There’s a reason I share these things, because it’s real. It’s not “all I do is win.” I want my show to be an honest representation of a life lived to build. The honesty gives me confidence in my message.

Failing, regrouping, regathering, rethinking and fixing are all important to the process. Anyone who talks, writes about, or sells courses about entrepreneurship and avoids that fact isn’t doing anyone any favors.

I used to read books from the whiz bang “get it done” business bro types. I’d hit a snag in something I was working on, something that had objectively massive potential, likely more than anything those cheesy idiots ever attempted, and it would still make me feel like a giant loser… Like “a better business guy” wouldn’t have had this problem.

The truth is that the real ones do. The wiz bang business bros of the world don’t want to admit it because it doesn’t sell books and courses to tell you that it’s not going to be easy. The irony is that I can afford to tell the truth on my show and they can’t, because their business is their personal brand.

So yes. I’m confident in the macro. I’m already beyond thankful for the life I’ve already been able to have. I only become smarter and more capable. Simultaneously, on a micro level, I can absolutely get discouraged.

Even on top of the world Elon blew up a bunch of rockets and almost went broke.

I dare you to pick up a business biography on anyone you find interesting. You have a 99% chance you’ll hear the same truth.

Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
liquid death is an interesting company

for those unfamiliar with them, they put F*cking sparking water in energy drink styled / death themed cans

they were founded in 2019 and they're worth over half a billion now

they also have very interesting website, full of severed heads and they have a section on their nav bar called "sell your soul"

their about us page is great btw:

"We’re just a funny water company who hates corporate marketing as much as you do. Our evil mission is to make people laugh and get more of them to drink more water more often, all while helping to kill plastic pollution.
But enough about us and our boring marketing story, tell us about you:"

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This morning we heard a huge explosion and thought a bomb went off or it was an earthquake. It rattled the entire house. Turns out it was meteor. Go on Twitter, and you'd think the meteor had a correlation with politics. Which is why Twitter is worthless, when it once was good for timely information.

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
This morning we heard a huge explosion and thought a bomb went off or it was an earthquake. It rattled the entire house. Turns out it was meteor. Go on Twitter, and you'd think the meteor had a correlation with politics. Which is why Twitter is worthless, when it once was good for timely information.
LOL. That's actually kinda cool and a mind boggling reality reminder that humans can be vaporized at any second. Imagine it being bigger and Utah being gone off the face of the earth today.

They can't detect every asteroid near us. The movie Don't Look Up doesn't let us down.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SaltLakeCity/comments/wniukc View: https://www.reddit.com/r/SaltLakeCity/comments/wniukc/compilation_video_of_suspected_meteor_over/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Last edited:

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
Tonight on Cucker Tarlson and Lon Demmon.

View attachment 44720

My science teacher did this exact thing with us in 6th grade.

She put all these things up that a "certain substance" could do and asked the class if this substance should be banned.

Of course everyone said it should be and then it was revealed as water, actually really helpful moment from public school.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
One thing I share with Bezos is the reason he quit his good high paying job to start a business. My reason for quitting my C-suite job was the same. His words in this interview is what I believe to be of utmost importance:

Minimize the number of regrets.

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/ZNeQ3yn6Zk4?feature=share

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
liquid death is an interesting company

for those unfamiliar with them, they put F*cking sparking water in energy drink styled / death themed cans

they were founded in 2019 and they're worth over half a billion now

they also have very interesting website, full of severed heads and they have a section on their nav bar called "sell your soul"

their about us page is great btw:

"We’re just a funny water company who hates corporate marketing as much as you do. Our evil mission is to make people laugh and get more of them to drink more water more often, all while helping to kill plastic pollution.
But enough about us and our boring marketing story, tell us about you:"
For some time there they were on every podcast on YouTube.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
One thing I share with Bezos is the reason he quit his good high paying job to start a business. My reason for quitting my C-suite job was the same. His words in this interview is what I believe to be of utmost importance:

Minimize the number of regrets.

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/ZNeQ3yn6Zk4?feature=share

Yup - and there are always more "good jobs" to fall back on if things go belly up.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
"Live as if you were living for the second time and had acted as wrongly the first time as you are about to act now." (Viktor E. Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning)

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

How many of these 15 points do you fulfil? I hit almost all 15 points :somber: The full list is in the description of the YouTube video, there's no need to watch the video.

UK_Mike

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 10, 2020
North West UK
How many of these 15 points do you fulfil? I hit almost all 15 points :somber: The full list is in the description of the YouTube video, there's no need to watch the video.

Thanks, I usually score pretty highly on these "how not-very-good are you?" things, but I'm well under half marks on that one. Makes me feel better.

The Sandman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jul 12, 2022

Really? All 15? What are you going to do with this assessment?

These types of videos are typically trash and not worth the bother, but this list isn't entirely off base.

Here's the list to save ya'll the click:
Bottom 25% of earners
02:51 - Unhealthy and weak
05:03 - Abusive and controlling
06:23 - Not a father to his children
08:10 - Low IQ, EQ and No Personality
09:21 - Lazy, Unmotivated and a burden to others
10:20 - Unlucky and can’t catch a break
11:21 - Envious and dishonest
12:21 - Always surrounded by other low value men
13:48 - He never invests in himself
15:35 - Stuck in the same place he started
16:41 - Blaming others & Beyond Entitled
17:44 - Chooses to escape reality
18:43 - Angry at the world
19:46 - He is not a masculine man

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Really? All 15? What are you going to do with this assessment?

These types of videos are typically trash and not worth the bother, but this list isn't entirely off base.

Here's the list to save ya'll the click:
Bottom 25% of earners
02:51 - Unhealthy and weak
05:03 - Abusive and controlling
06:23 - Not a father to his children
08:10 - Low IQ, EQ and No Personality
09:21 - Lazy, Unmotivated and a burden to others
10:20 - Unlucky and can’t catch a break
11:21 - Envious and dishonest
12:21 - Always surrounded by other low value men
13:48 - He never invests in himself
15:35 - Stuck in the same place he started
16:41 - Blaming others & Beyond Entitled
17:44 - Chooses to escape reality
18:43 - Angry at the world
19:46 - He is not a masculine man
Giant waste of time watching or even reading this shit.

Want to be a good human? Want to be successful? Be useful.

Done. You are welcome.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Looks like I need to get custom packaging made for a big retail order. Going to ask manufacturer if they can do it, but if they can't, will be looking for someone else to buy from. Any recommendations? Need custom printed cardboard boxes that look good on a shelf but that are pretty robust.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Looks like I need to get custom packaging made for a big retail order. Going to ask manufacturer if they can do it, but if they can't, will be looking for someone else to buy from. Any recommendations? Need custom printed cardboard boxes that look good on a shelf but that are pretty robust.
Haven't used these guys for large orders, but did try them out once for a small order and the quality/process was decent and pretty fast.

Just keep in mind, you're likely paying a hefty multiple by purchasing domestically... consider China?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

We've used these guys in the past and they have been pretty good, both quality and pricing.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Ha! That sounds good.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Haven't used these guys for large orders, but did try them out once for a small order and the quality/process was decent and pretty fast.

Just keep in mind, you're likely paying a hefty multiple by purchasing domestically... consider China?
Yeah I think getting my factory to print it or another in China will be best bet. The custom box places here in the US are outrageously expensive - the boxes cost almost as much as my product costs to make!

I said "retail order" but I meant wholesale order. I finally have a big box store. Took about 3 years. Almost done deal, not quite.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Yeah I think getting my factory to print it or another in China will be best bet. The custom box places here in the US are outrageously expensive - the boxes cost almost as much as my product costs to make!

I said "retail order" but I meant wholesale order. I finally have a big box store. Took about 3 years. Almost done deal, not quite.
That's what my China manufacturer does. They don't supply boxes but we pay them to get a third party that they work with to create them for us. We just pay one unit price to our manufacturer rather than box price + product price and it saves a lot of time + hassle.

Congrats on the big box store! Currently in the same boat as you. We're launching our candy brand in one of Canada's largest grocery retailers in Q1 2023. It's definitely an exciting feeling (but tons of work!).

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
We're launching our candy brand in one of Canada's largest grocery retailers in Q1 2023. It's definitely an exciting feeling (but tons of work!).

That's awesome brother! So happy for you. You are just a solid producer, from your first exist to now next and next ventures. Keep going! Well done.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.