The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
"For me, the takeaway from all my survival training is that the key question to ask when you’re part of a team, whether on Earth or in space, is, “How can I help us get where we need to go?”" (Chris Hadfield, An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth)

That’s why I like Commander Hadfield! I remember meeting him in Miami, what an impressive human being.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
406%
Apr 16, 2019
View attachment 44548

All the media does is lie.

I posted this on IG the other day, and it got flagged for "misinformation".

Ironically, I posted it with zero text, so I guess just two images side-by-side is now misinformation.

Reminds me of this kinda stuff...

When I worked in oil and gas, us geologists and Reservoir engineers knew very well the power of skewing scales on our maps. We could sell or kill projects to our board often by making small adjustments to the way we scaled maps, skewing the general perception around certain projects' seismic images and potential for recoverable resources.

When I started seeing these patterns emerge from the ESG fascists all I could do is laugh.

EU3guWBXQAIaSRt.jpeg

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
"A business leader who operates at a high level of consciousness plans for tomorrow's
market; a leader operating at a more modest level thinks in terms of today's; a leader
operating at a low level may not realize that he is still thinking in terms of yesterday’s."

Think about your whole life in these terms. Always care about your future self. He's coming anyway !

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Canada, destroying another industry to be part of the woke mob. Way to go guys!

What other countries did this backfire horribly in? What we all need is more government mandated! That's the way to go. Government knows best.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
stop telling yourself that you can't do things because of xyz bullshit reason

just admit to yourself that you're being a pussy and do it anyway

there are people with less than you achieving more
I like it!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

What other countries did this backfire horribly in? What we all need is more government mandated! That's the way to go. Government knows best.

It’s like they want to kill us… Oh wait… Remembers democide statistics.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

What do you expect from a substitute gym teacher? That’s JT for you.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Interesting that so many users on here got COVID around the same time lol.

I tested positive two days ago. I'm not vaxinated. Only prevalent symptom on day 1 was body aches and your regular slight fever/coughing. Day 3 now and I just have a dry cough which I had even before I tested positive.
Just wanted to quickly add, one thing I’ve noticed (not sure if others can relate), is that my “brain function” is different. I just feel different. Can barely focus. Haven’t touched my business in 5 days. Can’t make decisions. Just wake up, little to no appetite, and either watch Netflix or lie down on my bed. Can’t go outside much as I was told by my Doctor to isolate for 10 days since I’m not vaxxed. Could it be that? Isolation? It’s a noticeable change and it’s driving me nuts.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
Just wanted to quickly add, one thing I’ve noticed (not sure if others can relate), is that my “brain function” is different. I just feel different. Can barely focus. Haven’t touched my business in 5 days. Can’t make decisions. Just wake up, little to no appetite, and either watch Netflix or lie down on my bed. Can’t go outside much as I was told by my Doctor to isolate for 10 days since I’m not vaxxed. Could it be that? Isolation? It’s a noticeable change and it’s driving me nuts.

You taking anything you weren't normally taking before?

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
You taking anything you weren't normally taking before?
Nope. Doctor said brain fog is not normally seen, but is an uncommon symptom.

I just hope this sh*t doesn’t last because it’s a noticeable feeling.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

I was vaxinated and same thing as you. Appetite was gone, but I had major brain fog. It goes away. We “isolated” but since everyone had it at the same time, I didn’t watch Netflix or rest, as we took turns helping our kiddo sleep on us. Stuff like that. Basically two weeks and it was over. Some
Symptoms remained for another week, but overall I was back to normal.

Give it time. Get better.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
There's a neuroscientist who thinks that outsourcing our memory to smartphones & tech companies has led to "digital dementia"

It's worse than that. We aren't just outsourcing our memory, but also our capacity for thought.

Auto type suggestions reduce your ability to form sentences. Google Maps makes you pay less attention the world around you because you just wait for the voice.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
I was vaxinated and same thing as you. Appetite was gone, but I had major brain fog. It goes away. We “isolated” but since everyone had it at the same time, I didn’t watch Netflix or rest, as we took turns helping our kiddo sleep on us. Stuff like that. Basically two weeks and it was over. Some
Symptoms remained for another week, but overall I was back to normal.

Give it time. Get better.
Okay, I feel better :)

Thanks bud.

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
Having spell check on my iPhone and MacBook has destroyed my ability to spell.

Most people, myself included can hardly write by hand anymore either, it’s just something that we never do anymore.
I had great handwriting until keyboards became a part of my working life, now it looks like shit that I can hardly read a day later, don't know why I bought a diary this year its like heiro bloody glyphics.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
If you wear clothes or use a phone or computer, you use petroleum products.

That's why all these "saving the world", "combating climate change", "save the oceans" etc are all a waste of time and energy, money. The only way to humans to save the environment is for humans to not exist.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

That's why all these "saving the world", "combating climate change", "save the oceans" etc are all a waste of time and energy, money. The only way to humans to save the environment is for humans to not exist.
and I think some of that crowd has figured that out and gone full blown destructive nihilism, Thanos-style. Which would be...the ultimate bad guy thing to do... So, we... definitely want to do the ... opposite... right?

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
and I think some of that crowd has figured that out and gone full blown destructive nihilism, Thanos-style. Which would be...the ultimate bad guy thing to do... So, we... definitely want to do the ... opposite... right?

Yup, we can try to do the opposite but it's not going to do anything unless humans stop consumption and consumerism. For every clean the beach/ocean event which involves 200 volunteers, some factory/manufacturing plant in the US/China/India has just pumped out 200 tons of plastic/toxic waste that has been disposed/discharged into the sea/lake/ocean.

It's like a man on a raft in the middle of the Pacific ocean, and he uses a pail to try to empty the ocean, by scooping up water from one side of his raft and emptying it on the other side, thinking the ocean will be emptied eventually.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Yup, we can try to do the opposite but it's not going to do anything unless humans stop consumption and consumerism. For every clean the beach/ocean event which involves 200 volunteers, some factory/manufacturing plant in the US/China/India has just pumped out 200 tons of plastic/toxic waste that has been disposed/discharged into the sea/lake/ocean.

It's like a man on a raft in the middle of the Pacific ocean, and he uses a pail to try to empty the ocean, by scooping up water from one side of his raft and emptying it on the other side, thinking the ocean will be emptied eventually.
Maybe. I was coming from the other angle... Those factories are actually making important goods that we take for granted, and that most people don't even notice or know where they come from.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

I had this for a full week. The second week it got better but I could still notice that my ability to write was compromised. After three weeks it's finally going back to normal.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
It's worse than that. We aren't just outsourcing our memory, but also our capacity for thought.

Auto type suggestions reduce your ability to form sentences. Google Maps makes you pay less attention the world around you because you just wait for the voice.
This scares me about my brother, he literally uses GPS to go anywhere. Even places he has been 20x before. He has no idea how to get anywhere.

My brain remembers directions, and I am thankful for that. It mostly seems like a useless skill, but it's great for showing off. I could drive around Merida in Mexico with no GPS 95% of the time, after only driven to a location once. My in-laws were pretty amazed that I just seemed to know how to get anywhere I needed, no GPS or directions. I wish that skill passed into other areas of my life.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I’m curious what people think about being on TikTok as a business or entrepreneur. It seems like it’s the favorite of Gen Z like instagram was the favorite of the millennials.

I have no interest in the consumption side of it, but as a business, is this something you are doing? Are you planning to do it? Are you intrigued by it like me? Are you not bothering with it? Why?

I am currently ONLY on Twitter professionally, and have a Facebook that I mainly use for marketplace when I clean out the garage.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
This is the most brilliant thing I've seen on a therapist's website in a long time. Targeting an audience that is looking for solutions and perspectives rather than diagnosis and treatment. In other words, they're basically filling the "life coach" role, but they also offer therapy for those who want that too.

Life Coach Role.png

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
This scares me about my brother, he literally uses GPS to go anywhere. Even places he has been 20x before. He has no idea how to get anywhere.

My brain remembers directions, and I am thankful for that. It mostly seems like a useless skill, but it's great for showing off. I could drive around Merida in Mexico with no GPS 95% of the time, after only driven to a location once. My in-laws were pretty amazed that I just seemed to know how to get anywhere I needed, no GPS or directions. I wish that skill passed into other areas of my life.
I'm like you. My brain works just like a GPS. I can look at the map beforehand, take the directions into my head, and drive to a place I've never been to before. After being to a location once, I can get there again without GPS, and if I've seen other roads on the map, I can also take flexible routes if a different path makes sense.

BUT - using GPS atrophies this part of my brain.

For a long time, I absolutely refused to use GPS for any reason, even for a 1,000+ mile trip to a specific residential address that I'd never been to before. I didn't want to lose that mental sharpness. Because admittedly, using GPS takes way less effort. So it's tempting to use it and just "check out" and follow the path that the GPS tells me.

Lately, I've been slipping more and more into the habit of, "Whatever, just turn on Google maps and get there however it says." And inevitably, I find that I don't remember the way as well after one trip, so I need to use GPS again next time.

Not only that, GPS will play GAMES with you if you're not paying attention.

The other day I was going to a baby shower. Turned on Google maps because it was in a new-build subdivision that I wasn't familiar with. The straightforward directions would have been, "go down this road, turn right, and your destination is on the right." Instead, Google told me, "Go down this road, turn left, snake a long way around the neighborhood, then eventually get back to the main road and turn right onto your street." I figured they just wanted to update their algorithm with driving data from these new streets in this brand-new neighborhood, and they were taking advantage of the fact that I wasn't paying close attention to the fact that the route made absolutely no sense.

We would be upset with a taxi driver who did this to us (padding the fare with unnecessary miles). But I wonder how many times Google gets away with it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.