The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Apparently OnlyFans has over one million "creators" on the platform.

I wonder what the long term (20-50 year) effects of that company will be.

Probably lots of broken homes and messed up kids.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
"Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious." (George Orwell, 1984)

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Saw this fable on LinkedIn, worth a share. Enjoy:

A father told his daughter, "Congrats on your graduation. I bought you a car a while back. I want you to have it now."

Before I give it to you, take it to a car dealer in the city and sell it. See how much they offer.”

The girl came back to her father and said: "They offered me $10,000 dollars because it looks very old"
Father said: "Ok, now take it to the pawn shop".

The girl returns to her father and said: "The pawn shop offered $1,000 dollars because it's a very old car and needs a lot of work done".

The father told her to join a passionate car club with experts and show them the car. The girl drove to the passionate car club. She returned to her father after a few hours and told him, “Some people in the club offered me $100,000 dollars because its a rare car that's in good condition.”

Then the father said, "I wanted to let you know that you are not worth anything if you are not in the right place. If you are not appreciated, do not be angry, that means you are in the wrong place. Don't stay in a place where no one sees your value."

Know your worth and know where you are valued.

A diamond doesn't shine at the bottom of a cave.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
The girl returns to her father and said: "The pawn shop offered $1,000 dollars because it's a very old car and needs a lot of work done".

The father told her to join a passionate car club with experts and show them the car. The girl drove to the passionate car club. She returned to her father after a few hours and told him, “Some people in the club offered me $100,000 dollars because its a rare car that's in good condition.”

6hxa4w.jpg

EVMaso

Calm Seas
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada

Attachments

• 342987j74ewh.jpg
    342987j74ewh.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 30

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
The 3D Javascript library, ThreeJS, is being used to create some amazing web apps. It seems well-suited for making 3D Neo-Skeuomorphic interfaces. I don't know where this is going, but its going somewhere.

I remember how amazing Google Maps was when it first came out, how it used websockets to load imagery as you 'dragged' the map around within the window. I get the same feeling looking at these examples.

Below is a homepage, cool ThreeJS course, demo from official site, and Neo-Skeuomorphic 'look' example.

1653895667606.png

1653895614018.png

1653895566100.png

Neo-Skeuomorphic Example:

8e37f0c40090e9e1a6507982962db643.png
1*pfOR8_7EfeMU6zMG52u7Qg.jpeg

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
My family was playing dominos in the pool this weekend. Mom says to my brother-in-law, "James, move to your right." He looks puzzled but doesn't move. Then my mom and sister scream it... "MOVE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!"

20220529_140333.jpg

We all exited the pool after that. End of pool party.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
My family was playing dominos in the pool this weekend. Mom says to my brother-in-law, "James, move to your right." He looks puzzled but doesn't move. Then my mom and sister scream it... "MOVE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!"

View attachment 43720

We all exited the pool after that. End of pool party.
I took a photo of a spider in my apartment a couple of weeks ago that was one of the largest ones I had ever seen.

Your photo really puts things into perspective.

21E8B44A-37B1-448E-8BC9-5BE62298F272.jpeg

Not having a bunch of poisonous animals roaming around is certainly one of the few pros of living in UK/ Ireland

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
@Lex DeVille is that spider deadly? We have a ton of spiders where I live. Because we back into forested area and like you visitor, ours are sometimes supersized! But they don’t tend to bite ppl. Just scary looking things.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Let me save someone a lot of trouble...

If you can afford to pay someone to paint a large room, but think to yourself "this looks like a fun project we can do ourselves!"

STOP.
STOP.
STOP.

Pay someone to do it, as the idea of it being "fun" is an illusion. About 7 minutes into the project, you'll realize you made a big mistake.

Trust me.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Let me save someone a lot of trouble...

If you can afford to pay someone to paint a large room, but think to yourself "this looks like a fun project we can do ourselves!"

STOP.
STOP.
STOP.

Pay someone to do it, as the idea of it being "fun" is an illusion. About 7 minutes into the project, you'll realize you made a big mistake.

Trust me.

And in totally unrelated news, MJ recently thought that paining a large room would be a fun project to do by himself. The jury is still out on how it turns out, It's been 6 minutes and 59 seconds so far...

:)

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
@Lex DeVille is that spider deadly? We have a ton of spiders where I live. Because we back into forested area and like you visitor, ours are sometimes supersized! But they don’t tend to bite ppl. Just scary looking things.

Looks like a black widow so rarely fatal.

We have a ton of black widows around here, but I think this one was just a very large wolf spider (so basically harmless). I've never seen one this big before. It had a huge egg sack on its back that was about to blow. I caught it in the pool net and tossed it off in the grass. It was about 6 inches from my BIL's naked back lol.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I saw the first ever large spider in the wild in my life about a month ago on Mexico. It was about the size of my palm and pretty gross. We spend a lot of time in Mexico, and that's the first time I've seen one, so I take that as a good sign.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
MJ recently thought that paining a large room would be a fun project to do by himself.

No it was the wife and I, but we laughed a lot as we put on old 70's songs as we did it. A one day project now looks like it will turn into 3 ... the 16 foot ceilings are doing wonders for my shoulders!

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

As a hobby gun shooter I am pissed. They already turned my AR and for a short time my shotguns into paper weights. This guy needs to screw off.

This is another nail in the Canada coffin. I just want to be here to bike and that's it. I don't want to raise my kids here, I don't want to work here, I don't want to shop here. I am getting more and more detached from what used to be a great country.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

As a hobby gun shooter I am pissed. They already turned my AR and for a short time my shotguns into paper weights. This guy needs to screw off.

This is another nail in the Canada coffin. I just want to be here to bike and that's it. I don't want to raise my kids here, I don't want to work here, I don't want to shop here. I am getting more and more detached from what used to be a great country.
The problem is, Mexico isn’t much better. It looks like the whole world is headed this way. People need to wake up

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
And what can we possibly do about it? The majority of idiots are all for "gun control". Meanwhile places like Canada have next to no gun crime.

We need city states and seasteads. Screw these massive governments. I want to live in an area that wants citizens, not an area that keeps them by force.

You are right about mexico, but at least there it should be easy enough to obtain firearms anyways if one so desires. It's pretty obvious that a large portion of their population has them anyways.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

And what can we possibly do about it? The majority of idiots are all for "gun control". Meanwhile places like Canada have next to no gun crime.

We need city states and seasteads. Screw these massive governments. I want to live in an area that wants citizens, not an area that keeps them by force.

You are right about mexico, but at least there it should be easy enough to obtain firearms anyways if one so desires. It's pretty obvious that a large portion of their population has them anyways.
I think y'all need more convoys.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.