The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
I guess but lookalikes have never worked for me either. This is no targeting at all.
fe37dc84-d27f-4cf0-a461-3c6bff4e5b27-jpeg.41999

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
6750844C-34A3-44CC-9F8E-CA70BA1C0846.jpeg

Why? Because I commented to CNBC that we should throw John Maynard Keynes into the Grand Canyon. An already dead “economist.”

I guess they take that as a threat or inciting of physical violence.

Actual genocidal WEF clowns on the other hand, just fine.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

View attachment 43550

Why? Because I commented to CNBC that we should throw John Maynard Keynes into the Grand Canyon. An already dead “economist.”

I guess they take that as a threat or inciting of physical violence.

Actual genocidal WEF clowns on the other hand, just fine.
lol are you serious? Wow. Bizarre. Did you appeal it and say "this guy's been gone for a long time" ?

Tony100

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 11, 2020
Do you find these shoes offensive?

These shoes are for sale for £1,290 ($1,609). The designer builds a new shoe then uses tools like scissors to make the shoes look old and battered.

The FT posted on Linkedin "Some critics have said it is ‘beyond offensive’ for Balenciaga to sell destroyed shoes for £1,290 when some people actually have no other choice than wearing such shoes." They did a poll on Linkedin and 60% said they found the shoes offensive, out of 13,043 votes.

Personally I don't think they're offensive, though I'm unlikely to be offended by a shoe. It's certainly a waste of resources but fast fashion is often bad for the environment so that's nothing new.

Large-726176W3RCD9010_F.jpg

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

I don't find them offensive. I find them dumb as F*ck. As all dickhead high fashion.

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020

These shoes are for sale for £1,290 ($1,609). The designer builds a new shoe then uses tools like scissors to make the shoes look old and battered.

The FT posted on Linkedin "Some critics have said it is ‘beyond offensive’ for Balenciaga to sell destroyed shoes for £1,290 when some people actually have no other choice than wearing such shoes." They did a poll on Linkedin and 60% said they found the shoes offensive, out of 13,043 votes.

Personally I don't think they're offensive, though I'm unlikely to be offended by a shoe. It's certainly a waste of resources but fast fashion is often bad for the environment so that's nothing new.

View attachment 43557

I don't find them offensive. I find them dumb as F*ck. As all dickhead high fashion.

At this point, I’m convinced that high fashion is just one big giant joke to see how stupid people will willingly dress if there is a brand attached to it.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
At this point, I’m convinced that high fashion is just one big giant joke to see how stupid people will willingly dress if there is a brand attached to it.

Fine dining is the same. Let's see who's going to pay more for a randomly arranged tablespoon of food.

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Looks like it's pandemic time again. Monkeypox (or Moneypox for the Elite). So what are your predictions? Did anyone stack up on bananas yet?

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Regarding that clip of George Bush and everyone laughing about a needless war that killed like tens or hundreds of thousands across the planet directly or through fallout... Wow, that's just sick.

"Har Har guys, we shelled an entire county and dumped literal tons of depleted uranium shells all over the landscape and blasted it into a fine breathable powder. But you know, 'Merica!!!!"

G

Guest-5ty5s4

View attachment 43557
Need a third option: all around stupid. Making them is stupid, and being offended by it is stupid. I'm not offended by the shoes, I just think the idea is dumb and the price is dumb.

But I also know the whole point here is marketing, drumming up buzz, and getting people to talk about the brand and the shoe, which is exactly the trap we all fell into.

Tony100

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 11, 2020
Need a third option: all around stupid. Making them is stupid, and being offended by it is stupid. I'm not offended by the shoes, I just think the idea is dumb and the price is dumb.
Completely agree the whole idea is stupid.

"The idea behind the trainers is to promote awareness of how human consumption impacts the environment and the role fast fashion plays in global waste."

How this promotes environmental awareness is beyond me. Make long lasting shoes instead.

But I don't care if some rich kids want to waste their money on them and get wet feet when it rains.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
Just found out one of the companies I'm working with doesn't even have an office.

Yet they do millions per year in business.

They aren't one of those "remote friendly" companies that are all the rage in recent years either.

Reminds me of what MJ said in TMF about being small but acting big.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I was listening to the audiobook of Shoe Dog (the Nike Founder's autobiography) earlier.

They planned to release a shoe called the Aztec as a homage to the Olympics held in Mexico, but Adidas threatened them with legal action because they already had a shoe called the Azteca.

Here's a paraphrased version of their conversation that led to a new name:

"Who was that guy who kicked the shit out of the Aztecs?"

"Cortes."

"Let's call it that."

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Looks like it's pandemic time again. Monkeypox (or Moneypox for the Elite). So what are your predictions? Did anyone stack up on bananas yet?
It’s one world government time

Attachments

• BFA5BBA2-5317-44BC-929F-69770B678BED.jpeg
    BFA5BBA2-5317-44BC-929F-69770B678BED.jpeg
    150.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 96D7AAEB-6CF6-4F19-BE51-23FAD5538603.jpeg
    96D7AAEB-6CF6-4F19-BE51-23FAD5538603.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 7C0CEEB4-62EB-40BA-BA9A-A40257DC9715.jpeg
    7C0CEEB4-62EB-40BA-BA9A-A40257DC9715.jpeg
    259.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 657C9248-AC04-4FAC-88DD-E5CB21FB6B42.jpeg
    657C9248-AC04-4FAC-88DD-E5CB21FB6B42.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 3B9B06F9-65D8-4AF3-AE25-D2DA005CFC86.jpeg
    3B9B06F9-65D8-4AF3-AE25-D2DA005CFC86.jpeg
    250.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 89494C3D-08CF-499C-95DA-BF7F82CEFB64.jpeg
    89494C3D-08CF-499C-95DA-BF7F82CEFB64.jpeg
    303.5 KB · Views: 23
  • C85B2B80-CDB8-4D5D-A473-8EE66968E96B.jpeg
    C85B2B80-CDB8-4D5D-A473-8EE66968E96B.jpeg
    205 KB · Views: 25

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
People who name things hold power.

Remember when it was the Wuhan virus?

Let's just call this new thing what it is. Venecapox.

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
Do you think theses elites spread these pandemic? And yes then how do they do it?
Yeah depopulation and viruses/vaccine go hand in hand.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Fine dining is the same. Let's see who's going to pay more for a randomly arranged tablespoon of food.
I’m all about GOOD food at nice restaurants, but, surprisingly, I’ve never been to a Michelin rated restaurant that I enjoyed.

There’s fine dining, excellent food, excellent service, excellent atmosphere, and then there’s nonsense Michelin level where, just like @Mathuin said about high fashion, it has to be a joke where they try to get people to pay the most outrageous prices for the most outrageously terrible meal.

I’d rather eat at McDonald’s than every Michelin rated restaurant I’ve ever been to.

Togata

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Mar 22, 2021
This guy did a ton of research over Bill Gates background, and his hunger for power, control over population. would love to hear your thoughts

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I’m all about GOOD food at nice restaurants, but, surprisingly, I’ve never been to a Michelin rated restaurant that I enjoyed.

There’s fine dining, excellent food, excellent service, excellent atmosphere, and then there’s nonsense Michelin level where, just like @Mathuin said about high fashion, it has to be a joke where they try to get people to pay the most outrageous prices for the most outrageously terrible meal.

I’d rather eat at McDonald’s than every Michelin rated restaurant I’ve ever been to.
I can appreciate classy food. But I only eat them when being invited to one.

Ya it is elegant. It taste better. But I won’t want to eat them regularly when it is $200 per pax.

For those who are into food they will name the origin and history and can explain the difference. It is the same as cars and arts.

If you are an arts lover you will appreciate the value of pricy art and willing to pay for the difference. From other’s pov it is like owning useless items.

If you are a car lover you will appreciate Ferrari.
For others like me I don’t like cars at all. I even find driving a hassle and rather hire private transport service.

Generally for someone to appreciate the higher priced goods or services you need to have a strong interest and deep knowledge in the subject.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I don't use Twitter, have never had an account actually. Deleted Facebook and Instagram long ago.

But... for the last month or two, I've kept Elon's Twitter profile permanently open on a tab in my phone. I'm no Elon fanboy and don't particularly like Tesla's but god damn, that man is currently the world's best comedian.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I just remembered how badly I hate jeans with holes.

Togata

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Mar 22, 2021
I don't use Twitter, have never had an account actually. Deleted Facebook and Instagram long ago.

But... for the last month or two, I've kept Elon's Twitter profile permanently open on a tab in my phone. I'm no Elon fanboy and don't particularly like Tesla's but god damn, that man is currently the world's best comedian.
Absolutely, he is running the show.
Jeff Bezzos is joigning him as well, by hitting directly the Biden Administration and how it is badly managed. Confusing Inflation with taxing the rich...

G

Guest-5ty5s4

So often you see a young guy with a killer business who had a dad who had a great business - and the hecklers are all like “pshhh his dad was rich it’s nothing” but the whole thing is who do you think was his mentor? How do you think he learned? He probably really did it himself, just learned from a real mentor. That’s the advantage. The kids who get handouts don’t build successful businesses, they party and gamble and go broke

End rant

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
So often you see a young guy with a killer business who had a dad who had a great business - and the hecklers are all like “pshhh his dad was rich it’s nothing” but the whole thing is who do you think was his mentor? How do you think he learned? He probably really did it himself, just learned from a real mentor. That’s the advantage. The kids who get handouts don’t build successful businesses, they party and gamble and go broke

End rant

Yea, it’s one thing that privileged people will always have is people saying they were only successful because of it.

Of course this is just a cope because it allows people in worse positions to excuse their own mediocrity.

The problem with this line of thinking is there will always be someone who has it worse, someone with another social handicap, another disease, another tragedy that happened to them.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Yea, it’s one thing that privileged people will always have is people saying they were only successful because of it.

Of course this is just a cope because it allows people in worse positions to excuse their own mediocrity.

The problem with this line of thinking is there will always be someone who has it worse, someone with another social handicap, another disease, another tragedy that happened to them.
It’s true. Your biggest advantage isn’t money, it’s knowledge and mindset.

What did they do in the old days? Family apprenticeships. The blacksmith’s son became a blacksmith.

Lo and behold, the best businessmen often have kids who become successful businessmen.

Take everything from them and they still know how it all works, unlike most normal people.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.