The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
What is your favorite resource for learning to think 10 steps ahead?

What questions does a very forward thinker ask that less forward thinkers do not ask?

What questions does Elon Musk ask? How does he approach things differently from not Elon Musks?

I feel limited by the questions I ask. Like I stay 2 or 3 steps ahead at best. I want new ways to train my brain to think more forwardly. Not some quick-fix solution, but like daily questions or practices to build a new style of thinking into habit.

Any suggestions? Books, podcasts, or anything else are welcome.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
All I need is one five minute conversation with my step dad to keep up on that topic.
It's like talking to CNN.
He must be one of their 200,000 viewers, a very rare man indeed

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
dfAqEs0.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Screenshot 2022-04-21 at 18.09.07.png

I just checked how bad it was!

But ya not surprised - I haven't used Netflix in a long time.
After they did that "cuttie" kids pedo thing, I promised to never give them another dollar.

The problem with these businesses is you just can't trust them with your money.
They are only going to use it to do more BS. Every dollar you hand over is a dollar being spent on trashing our society.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

278966771_10166493833605441_4981770379946686665_n.jpg

This is random chat, right?

On this day in 1836, the army of the country of Texas defeated the army of Mexico at the battle of San Jacinto.

The Texans were outnumbered 900 to about 1200-1300.

(Texas was started by just a bunch of dudes. Pioneers. About as unscripted as you can be.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
View attachment 43098

I just checked how bad it was!

But ya not surprised - I haven't used Netflix in a long time.
After they did that "cuttie" kids pedo thing, I promised to never give them another dollar.

The problem with these businesses is you just can't trust them with your money.
They are only going to use it to do more BS. Every dollar you hand over is a dollar being spent on trashing our society.
Damn …

I’m still paying them but haven’t watched anything in a while.

Silverfox148

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Apr 17, 2017
Not surprising on NFLX, I last cancelled them last year. Occasionally, my kids watch something on there using my sisters account but I see little to no value. I recently cancelled Disney streaming because of the whole gay/Florida controversy, I still don't even know what that was all about(nor do I care to) but the fact they were in any way involved just prompted me to cancel.

I think a bigger issue for these technology companies is that people are probably technology fatigued. I know when I'm pitched a product/service that involves technology I try to see if there is any way I can get by without it. I don't want new phones/solar panels/health rings/blah blah.

I have an eye on cancelling Amazon Prime next, which would be my last remaining subscription. So much is bought there and we don't even end up using it.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
“The difference between genius and stupidity is: genius has its limits.” ― Alexandre Dumas

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
A newspaper owned by Jeff Bezos complaining about rich people controlling “channels of communication”.

Man that article is exactly what I expected. They hit every single buzz word, all the most woke nonsense talking points, and dug up all the dirt they could even remotely related to Elon.

Then you get to the bottom and see it was written by the former ceo of reddit. Another absolutely woke cesspool. She is now CEO of some diversity and inclusion non profit that probably spends their money on mansions like BLM.

My favourite talking point is this one, I’m seeing it everywhere:
“Musk calls himself a “free-speech absolutist,” but like many “free speech” advocates, he willfully ignores that private companies are free to establish some limits on their platforms.”

The people who say this clearly miss the irony that it’s a private company and therefore Elon can buy it and control the speech or allow free speech as he pleases. They are fine with their woke CEOs censoring these companies to the detriment of shareholders, but suddenly when someone actually buys or invests their money in the company it’s a problem that they want to influence how it’s run??

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
Wow, surprised he echoed the same sentiment as I did, and here I thought I was being hyperbolic.
Sir what's the status of your new book from different genre ? In rat race escape you said you will write book in thriller/crime/horror genre

Silverfox148

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Apr 17, 2017
I amazed by how many middle/average class people are embracing the full time RV lifestyle. The implications of this are going to be interesting as more and more people do it. I full timed in an RV for about 8 months 12 years ago with my wife and 1 year old son, the lot ret all utilities included was about $360 dollars a month, the RV I had purchased from a coworker for $3,000 and he set it up for me and included all the accessories needed(I knew nothing about RVs at the time).

I did this as a way to save money and also an experiment with the living situation as I working one of the highest paid corporate jobs in that area. It definitely brought my wife and me closer to each and we look back on the memories fondly, we also met some cool interesting neighbors in the park.

Looking at the full time RV groups on Facebook, I'm shocked by what they are paying for these RVs, it looks like people want as big RV as they can find which means a 5th wheel setup, which almost automatically means a big truck to pull it with(2500 series and above) preferably diesel.
People are reporting they are financing these RVs for up to 20 years(wtf), it's not uncommon for the RV and Truck to top out north of 100K which is bonkers to me, especially financed. People are reporting RV lot rents from $600-800 average across the country, much higher in the "in demand" places I would think. Crazy

The housing situation seems to be pushing people to look for alternatives.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
Wow, surprised he echoed the same sentiment as I did, and here I thought I was being hyperbolic.
Sir have you heard of YouTube channel named
" The facts by how to hunt.com " owned by Steve isdahl?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
1650651354446.png

FQ9vgjrX0AYp_25

- Lucky Luciano, The Last Testament of Lucky Luciano

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
CNN+ streaming shut down after just a few weeks in operation. Guess the 259 brainwashed morons who subscribed couldn't keep it afloat.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
CNN+ streaming shut down after just a few weeks in operation. Guess the 259 brainwashed morons who subscribed couldn't keep it afloat.
In hindsight it's so clear. I mean who would pay money to watch the news? It's not like they could have done exclusive premium content for news? There is no premium news, it's just news. Someone else would report it.

"And the Suns beat the Bulls in game 7 tonight. Booker scored 40 points. To see highlights, you need to go to ESPN+" or... I can go to Youtube and watch it for free.

But it is interesting that they only gave it 2 weeks. You would think that after investing so much money that they would give it 6 months. Most of the people was already spent.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Glorious!

I heard crazy figures going round of it costing them hundreds of millions and had less than 10k subs lol.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Learn Chess with Dr. Wolf app.
Takes you through the basics and then some, and there's also an option to pay for further lessons.
So I signed up for this, I like it, the lessons are good, but it seems far from perfect, and it’s not till you sign up that you start to notice.

It recommends some strange moves, it’s probably thinking way too far ahead.

One game I actually broke it it got stuck in a loop and then when it was it’s turn once I did something different it stopped moving it didn’t know what to do.

Just thought I’d leave some feedback for anyone else who sees your post

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.