The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Anyone here familiar with the field of computer vision? Crudely, it involves extracting data from pictures and analyzing them at scale.
What do you want to know? Not an expert but good enough knowledge.

You can private message me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MA81

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Jan 22, 2013
Here is government for you. I just flew to Canada from Mexico, and since I flew home from out of country the government has decided that I need to quarantine in a "government approved hotel", for 3 days, at my own expense of $2,000.

I live in the city my flight arrived at, and I have a vehicle at the airport. I refused the hotel and told them it is a violation of my rights as outlined in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and that it is currently in the courts and the government is being challenged on the constitutionality of this. They told me that for each person in my party (2 adults and 2 children) we will be charged $5,000 each (maybe just the adults?). Apparently taking a taxi to a forced hotel prison is safer than going home in my own vehicle.

Here is a gem from the daily log they are making me submit, because it is now a crime to be sick.

• If you have tested positive for C0VlD-19, you must isolate for 14 days from the test result date.

Meanwhile test results arrive in like 72 hours. So I guess that means you just tack on all those extra days because the 14 day covid infection knows the difference between when the test is taken and when the results are obtained.

So I get to take a preflight test, a test when I land, and another test 8 days after landing. And quarantine for a minimum of 14 days, unless a test is positive, then its 14 days from the results of that test. Makes sense.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Dq_2qPHDCo

Don't know if you've seen Chris Sky before, but maybe this could give you a few ideas for your current situation?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtzlBS_V8jY&

And if being too confrontational isn't the approach you feel would work best for you, Dan Dicks outlines another option to hopefully deal with this.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Welp, Malaysia hit 11,000 COVID cases, after months of lockdowns and martial law.

Didn't George Gilder already point out that keeping folks in one space for too long actually makes infection so much easier??? And why blanket lockdowns are F*cking brainless?!

What disappoints me more if that Malaysian friends and people around me are burying their heads into Euro football or prayers or whatever, instead of helping poor folks, going on strike or...doing F*cking something about this! I'm not knocking on these activities, but when its time to kick out poor leaders and policies ASAP, do it- not...whatever the F*ck you are doing!

Instead of going to get a weapon like the Chinese did in the Xinhai Revolution to start shooting corrupt leaders, I'm going to just calm down to listen to this nice American Civil War song:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtEqgG2EdTs

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Most of it is flex/recreation space - the indoor basketball court is a big part of that space, it also has a craft room, a library, home theater, separate gym, pool room/rec area -- it only has 4 bedrooms, otherwise the "living area" is just a bit bigger than the same size of my current house. As I mentioned elsewhere here on the forum, I like my home to feel like a vacation resort so I don't need to travel. I don't like airports, crowds, and touristy stuff. Moreover, the world's overreaction to the pandemic further amplified my disposition that I'd rather be chilling at home than navigating a crowded airport.

Wow. And what is the lot size? Also, is it away from other people or shielded from the neighbors?

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
That is exactly who a vaccine is for. A huge fatass who has probably never thought about their health a single day in their life.

Funny how it's acceptable and even promoted to "love your body" by being incredibly overweight and unhealthy. 100% acceptable to die of diabetes or heart disease or lung cancer from smoking (yes I know that healthy people can get this too, but why raise the odds by being a moron?), but it is not acceptable to even ask a question about something that has almost no effect on the majority of those infected? We all die someday. I chose to not be vaxinated against something with nearly no chance of killing me, vaxinated with something with no history and barely any data. Sure I could die from covid. I could also die from a car crash, plane crash, mountain biking or ski accident, fever from mosquitos, shot by a gang banger or cartel member, or slip on the ice and crack my head open.

Living is dangerous. How I chose to live and how I chose to go about my life is my business and no one else's.

1626172870711.png

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I refused the quartine hotel, and refused to sign the piece of paper saying that I agree with what they are doing and that I can get a fine. I recorded the whole conversation just in case things went south. Still ended up a bit over 3 hours in BS lines though. I wonder if I could have skipped that line by just trying to walk out. A literal 3 hours line with a 1 and 2 year old is NOT fun. My kids were tired and starving.

Let me find my papers and get a picture of them to post for you guys. For now here is the photo at the start of the line for dealing with whatever level of made up federal government is in charge of this.

Attachments

• 20210711_152844.jpg
    20210711_152844.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 20210713_060048.jpg
    20210713_060048.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 25

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
If anyone wants to stop using the hotels who are agreeing with this BS here is the photo of approved places to stay.

Attachments

• 20210711_160221.jpg
    20210711_160221.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 31

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I refused the quartine hotel, and refused to sign the piece of paper saying that I agree with what they are doing and that I can get a fine. I recorded the whole conversation just in case things went south. Still ended up a bit over 3 hours in BS lines though. I wonder if I could have skipped that line by just trying to walk out. A literal 3 hours line with a 1 and 2 year old is NOT fun. My kids were tired and starving.

Let me find my papers and get a picture of them to post for you guys. For now here is the photo at the start of the line for dealing with whatever level of made up federal government is in charge of this.

So what was to stop you from having the taxi drive you around the block and back to your car to avoid the Bolsheviks?

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
This is probably happening more often than they'll say if they're actually acknowledging the risk.

1626184684560.png

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
If anyone wants to stop using the hotels who are agreeing with this BS here is the photo of approved places to stay.

A cynical person might wonder if those hotels had friends in government and helped the government "shape quarantine policy".

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Going by car was no problem during the lockdown in Europe.
Just take small border points.
A friend of mine, carpenter business, got across Europe ridingdirtbike All the time.

Nick perry01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 6, 2020
Bates City, Missouri
I'm pretty sure I got catfished yesterday. Not 100% sure, but like 70% sure.

Welp, they got me. NEVER AGAIN!!
HAHA......tried being scammed out of 300$(I know, not alot of money in the scamming world and it shoundn't be alot for me, but it's like 1/3 of my monthly income

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I've mentioned it before in this thread, but it's worth repeating:

You're going to croak some day.

Yup. A point where you get no more tomorrows. No more chances to lead the life that you want. No more chances to leave a legacy that will impact generations of your progeny.

A serious understanding of death is necessary for a fulfilling life. It's impossible to F*ck around when you deeply understand that you only have so much time left.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd_6b7rpeEI

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Maybe I found my mainland states residence. There’s probably no better place to spend your nearly tax free Puerto Rico money than Manhattan.

I’ll make them throw in the old Jag.

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Maybe I found my mainland states residence. There’s probably no better place to spend your nearly tax free Puerto Rico money than Manhattan. :rofl:

Never understood the appeal of penthouses. You get all this indoor space and a panoramic view over the city but you're essentially trapped 70 stories up in the sky and probably can't even open your windows.

For $66 million, you could have an impressive villa somewhere nice with a much better view, acres and acres of your own land with nobody bothering you, and not feel like a prisoner.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Never understood the appeal of penthouses. You get all this indoor space and a panoramic view over the city but you're essentially trapped 70 stories up in the sky and probably can't even open your windows.

For $66 million, you could have an impressive villa somewhere nice with a much better view, acres and acres of your own land with nobody bothering you, and not feel like a prisoner.

This is just a vacation home. I could never live in Manhattan… But I’d be happy to go there to spend money and eat at nice restaurants, assuming they don’t drive them all out of business.

This is nice too. It has its own jet strip.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow. And what is the lot size? Also, is it away from other people or shielded from the neighbors?

Little over an acre. The property is backed by creek and has some privacy. But I will have neighbors on similar sized plots, just not the house size. Land in this area is very expensive so I don't expect a trailer to go up across the street.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I would agree, except for the fact that a person buying a $66 million penthouse might be a billionaire, not a mere 50-100 millionaire.

Meaning, this is just another little dot on the map for them.

I would never stretch myself to live in a penthouse, or even make it my primary home comfortably.

But would be a cool 2nd home (or 3rd, or Nth...)

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Question in regards to homes, billionaires, and stuff like that:

Is there a single billionaire in the world who owns their home outright?

Or do all of them manage their money as cash flow investments, and use loans etc for personal stuff (paid for by that investment cash flow)?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.