The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quitting my 80k job, moving out of state to start a consulting business from nothing

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

ZeroTo100

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 2, 2016
New York City / New Jersey
+1 on the move to AZ, sunny, lots of stuff to do, decent vegan options (people + food), moderate entrepreneurial climate, and decent taxes, at least for now. With the influx of Californians, things have deteriorated in recent years.

What kind of software development you do? DO you work for a big co or a small company?

Hey MJ,

What part of AZ would you recommend buying in? Any particular areas in Scottsdale?

D

Deleted50669

Not averse to risk, I see. I hope you have more success with that strategy than I did. I'd recommend moving wherever the ratio of supply : demand for consulting services in your niche is the lowest.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Solais

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Sep 14, 2018
Why not test your idea before setting out? You can do some email outreach/organic outreach for local businesses before you jump ship.

If you're really motivated, you can even do it even while suffering your "insufferable" software job.

AZ IS a desert, so make sure it's something you're OK with.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.