The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Questions to MJ

fir

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 8, 2011
Hello MJ.... I want to start by thanking you for the brilliant book, as will as this forum that is helping all of us here.

I have a a couple of questions for you, as I am planning to start website that sells tangible products(Fitness equipment). My website will deal directly with customers, when they place an order it goes directly to the wholesaler and I make some money off of each transaction.

My questions are:

1-I have a very good domain name and when I researched it, I found out it was owned by either a local clinic or a government entity in Georgia, they basically promote fitness and exercise, and they have that domain name. I have my heart set on the name, so my question is, how should I approach them when I am broke. (How did you go about buying the name"LIMOS" when you were still broke in the beginning and if you don't mind sharing how much it cost you or how did you negotiate it?)

2-How did you connect your website to all of those Limousine companies across the country? I don't think you had to sell your service to them one by one! was that the case? I am asking because my model would be similar to yours except for the fact that I will provide tangible goods.

3-Finally, How did you market your website in the beginning until it took off, could you please elaborate on this one. I have contacted the local radio stations and its very costly to run ads for a significant period of time, not to mention newspapers or TV costs.

I hope you would consider my questions....I am starting out with very little money, a little more than the $900 you started with, but not much. I will design the website myself, i have a degree in IT, so this shouldn't be an issue.

Thank you for your consideration
Firas

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

77startup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 4, 2011
Chicago
Well I think you should be prepared to spend $2,000 USD on your domain. I'm pretty sure that's the standard price. It has something to do with sharing the exact price for legally forcing someone to giveup a domain name or so I recall. If you go in trying to buy a domain with less than $2,000 your chances are kinda slim unless you luck out and the domain is owned by a kid.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.