The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Questions from My Financial Advisor

MsMoney

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 1, 2008
Valencia, CA
So I met with my guy a couple of weeks ago. Lots of changes going on in my life & so it's been pretty crazy....He posed the following questions to me.

Here goes:

1. What would you do with $1,000,000.00?

2. Describe your perfect day (I believe there is a thread already on that & I even answered that one).

3. How do you want to be remembered?

4. What are your strengths (what are you good at?)?

The last one is, I'm to ask 2 people (at least one can't be a family member) what they view my strengths are....

Before I give you all my answers, I was curious how some of you would answer....

Any takers??

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

australianinvestor

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 4, 2007
Australia
Sounds like your financial advisor might actually be alright :) I went to a couple of financial planners once. I was told how important insurance was. I told them how and why to cram their insurance into places they don't want them to go (the shredder, obviously!)

- Invest it the way my investment plan says to.

2. Describe your perfect day (I believe there is a thread already on that & I even answered that one).

- Waking up excited about what I'm doing that day, and knowing that what I'm doing is part of my bigger plan to do something profound and meaningful. Add plenty of fun. Otherwise, it's a nice, slow lifestyle. Life is meant to be enjoyed, not skipped over as quickly as possible between meaningless busy-ness.

- "That guy knew what life is really about, and he inspired me profoundly." and "he had how much money?? [expletive]"

- Planning, analysis, creative thinking, ideation (coming up with ideas), talking to people, and thinking big.

Nice questions :)

kimberland

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 25, 2007
Great Questions!

I'd donate 10%, spend 10%, and invest the rest
(likely in something 'high tech' like ice).

A relaxing day at sea (crusin') with the hubby and a great book
after a week of achievement and progress.

I don't need to be remembered for myself
(ironic for an author but it is all about the books, not me).
I would like the good I did remembered.
I'd like the world to be a happier place for me having been in it.

I work hard
and stick with things.
I'm not afraid of the bumps in the road.
I have a positive outlook on life.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
MSMoney,

Great Questions!! Thanks for sharing them. As an aside, I would be interested to see what your financial planner does next.

Buy a Fisher. Pay off my mortgage. Earn 6% on the rest.

A day with my family .... having the next adventure... and a little time to myself... to write, meditate, yoga perhaps.... and some good food.

Similar to Kimber. Just want to make a difference in the lives of others.

Funny, this question was posed recently to me as well. I had trouble answering it.

Analyzing deals
Writing
Planning/Scheduling
Parenting

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
So I met with my guy a couple of weeks ago. Lots of changes going on in my life & so it's been pretty crazy....He posed the following questions to me.

Here goes:

The last one is, I'm to ask 2 people (at least one can't be a family member) what they view my strengths are....

Before I give you all my answers, I was curious how some of you would answer....

Any takers??

My answers:

Answer: Hypothetical question. I guess live off of it. I don't need that much money when creating new companies any how so I guess very little would be invested in new ventures. I am looking to purchase a nice looking swedish lumber house right now in the northern part of Sweden. I guess all of that money would go into that house due to the highly inflated price (but I love that house design. The interior is just GREAT).

Answer: A perfect day is waking up in a quite home. No noises. No stress whatsoever. I slip into my loafers and put on my most comfortable clothes and then I start my quiet computer and go down-stairs to make my morning tea (green tea). Make 2 sandwhiches with cucumber on and of course a little bit of brand flakes with milk at the side. I bring this up to my computer and start my day with reading the most interesting news online (swedish as well as foreign). Then I go on to the blogs and forums I am following (only reading what is interesting. Right now that is about 4 blogs and 1 forum. That forum is TheFastLaneToMillions, of course). Then I go on to my email inboxes (I have, like, 4 of those) and answer the most important emails and toss the rest without viewing them (I am very time efficient with emails. Long experience..hehe). When that is done I usually play 1 hour of business related games (strategic games). After that I usually tinker with creative ideas (building prototypes and doing stuff to enhancing what my business is already doing).

I am very fond of dicussing new startup ideas with people. So if you are interested in startups then I am the man for that. I am very fond of actually being a co-owner as well (then I am very helpful;)).

This is the perfect day to me. Everything relates to my love for creating new business ideas and see them through. I love that. I could do that all day long and I actually am. I have been fortunate enough to be able to live life like this. But I did actively choose it. I didn't get it for free. But if you choose what you love and you can find a way of making money on it, then go ahead. Knock yourself out.

Answer: This question really resonates with me, because I want to be globally known before I die. And the thing I want to most remembered for is being the first one to create a city in the Atlantic sea (benief the surface). I also want to be remembered for being the first inventor/pioneer ever to create a air-floating city for at least 6 million people. That my friends, is innovation. All these people coming up with a third eye for a lighter or a new change to diapers is not innovators, they are something else. Who really needs a new schweizer knife anyway? I don't, I can tell you that. But I do want mind-blowing changes. Something that makes your brain make back-flips in awe.

Innovation to me is something that elevates the current world to new heights (never before seen or experienced). Think about the changes we could do to mankind if we could find a way of building time portals for example. Where a swedish guy could walk into a portal and in an instant be in New York City without the need of having to board any airplan at all. That is what I live for. Really life changing stuff. I want to be one of those guys that made myth a reality. The reason many things is impossible right now is because we lack the knowledge and we lack the resources to have it done. But that might change in 10 years or even in 1 years time. So never say never about anything. Be open minded for change and it can happen.

Answer: My strength are my incredible vision. I can see what others might not, because I am very open minded to the impossible. And I am also open to the possibility to make these things happen (either by proven methods or by pure trial and error). You need to be a bit nuts to be like me. And many people think I am nuts too. But I am proud of my gift and others will be too (because it will be our children and maybe even ourselfs, that will be the beneficiaries of these visions that I and others like me do have).

As they say: Cynics never changed the world. I do agree in full.

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ

Here goes:

Any takers??

interesting when I was casually interviewed by a real estate investment group a couple of years ago that some of these questions were similar-

sock it in a high yield pfds for kids college and extra income and BAM! then all of my current income becomes pure gravy to do whatever I want to... travel the world.

watch my kids. for an hour. then go for a cruise. have a nice lunch on the waterfront and then be with good friends for dinner and cocktails.

as a loving, caring, giving and honorable person. it only matters to those who are close to me how I want to be remembered.

I am a fast learner, good talker and people generally like me (so I think... or is this vain?) because I like to listen.... I am very, very good at asking questions and negotiating/debating.... I'd like to think I am humble and this is in itself a strong trait, or so I hope.

looking forward to your answers

MsMoney

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 1, 2008
Valencia, CA
Here are my answers:

1. WHAT WOULD I DO WITH $1,000,000??

I would tithe 10% to my church.

I would payoff any debt that I owe.

Then I would take $3000.00 and just “spend “ it, anyway I want.

The balance, which would approximately be $834,500.00…I would take to my financial advisor and discuss how I can have this money make more money for me. What options I have and how best would it be to use it, then I would make a plan and do it.

I think the reason for the last paragraph on this one is because I don't trust my judgement completely right now with my money....I've done some silly stupid stuff in the past and am ready not to do it again....

2. DESCRIBE MY PERFECT DAY

I wake up to the sound of the ocean. I can smell that salty sea air. I walk into the kitchen and prepare a pot of coffee (the smell I love!).

I start making breakfast for me & my family. We all sit down & enjoy it.

After cleaning up the kitchen and getting dressed, I go to meet with my personal trainer for a really good workout. I come home, get showered and start my day.

I go online and check my emails, along with my investments…..so I can see just how much money I made that day! Then I get in my car and go to the local battered women’s shelter to help out for the next 4 hours. I want to be a source of strength, inspiration and hope for those women.

When I return home, I work on my book for the next hour….then I prepare dinner and catch up with my girls. We all enjoy the meal and after cleaning up the kitchen we make sure to have some family time….this can be all of us playing a board game, watching a movie…whatever….

Later that evening, I would meet up with friends for drinks and conversation. It can be at my home, on the beach, at a restaurant or at one of their houses. Just enjoy life and being with good friends.

My evening would end with me going to sleep, listening to the sound of the crashing waves of the ocean, smelling the sea air and feeling very blessed for having a wonderful life.

3. HOW DO I WANT TO BE REMEMBERED?

I want to be remembered as a loving, strong, committed, successful & accomplished woman, mother and entrepreneur . A woman who overcame many personal and financial obstacles to have an overwhelming success both in business and personal.

I want to be remembered as a loving mother. Willing to sacrifice for the good of her family. I want to be remembered as a mother whom my daughters can look to as an example and want to model. I want my girls to know in the depths of their soul just how much they were loved by me and know that there isn’t a day that goes by I don’t thank God for them. I want to be remembered as a mother whose strength & endurance knows no bounds….who is committed to her family being whole & happy.

I want to be remembered as a great example of hope, courage and faith. A woman who built such a strong relationship with herself and God, that people would hear me having actual conversations with Him and believe that “there must be a God”.

I want to be remembered as a risk taker, a trail blazer, a woman who saw only possibilities even in the face of extreme loss.

I want others to use me as an example of what honor is, integrity, keeping your word….not only to yourself but others.

4. WHAT ARE MY STRENGTH’S??

1. Faith
2. Courage
3. Honesty
4. Commitment
5. Intelligence
6. Determination
7. Loyalty
8. Creativity/Vision
9. Inspiring/Motivational
10. People Person/Talking to People

MsMoney

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 1, 2008
Valencia, CA
I ended up asking 4 different people what they thought my strengths were, and I have to tell you that I feel pretty blessed to have these people think of me in such a way.... Here are their answers/comments ...

1. My friend & prior business associate, Linda, wrote this ….

You are great at being a friend. A loving, trustworthy, honest human being. You have strong work ethics. People respect you for being forthright. You say what you believe in. You have strong moral character. You are good in the love and dedication of your family, and friendships. You are a good person to animals. You are a great mother, sister, daughter, aunt.

Your strengths are you are a great communicator. Strong work ethics. Your ability to negotiate, communicate, influence, and persuade others to do things helps you to accomplish everything in your life. You are goal driven as well as financially driven to always do better. You always try to better yourself with reading, attending seminars, always learning in order to get better. You are absolutely a wiz with the computer and are extremely brilliant with marketing techniques. I truly admire your inner strength when everything hits you and you are ready to throw up your hands and say I quit, then you just buckle down, find your strength with God and you just start over again and I respect you for this every day. I know you have the strength, courage and wisdom of a beautiful woman.

Even though you are a Republican (I won't hold that against you), you are my friend, confident and a woman I love very much.

2. My current business associate & friend, Melissa, wrote this…

Your business strengths are your professionalism, optimism, your creativity, ability to manipulate/motivate people to do things (in a good way) but most of all your patience.

3. My current business associate, Donna, wrote this….

You have a wonderful self motivation which, though many people think they do, few actually have. You are WONDERFUL with people and with identifying problems in a situation. You are quick to find a solution as well. You are a TRUE team player and immediately fill in where needed rarely being asked. You are extremely intelligent and absorbent. Absorbent is used in the sense that you pick up on things VERY quickly. You are motivated to learn new things and welcome a challenge. You never complain and many times do 1 1/2 times what you are asked. You are great at organization and determining task priority!! You are a people person!!! What more can I say...you are great at everything you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. My business associate & friend, Susan, said:

You have so many strengths, wow, well, if I had to get down to your top two..I would say the first thing is your integrity. You are a person who will do the right thing and also a person who will do things right. I like that about you. I think that is why people can trust you. It is very obvious that you take your life choices seriously.. you take your personal and spiritual growth seriously, you take your relationships seriously and in all those things, you will choose the right way, the high road, etc etc

I also think the other top strength you have is that you just do not give up. You are tenacious and you always have your eye on the future prize, no matter how bad today looks, you just keep going. You have done that your whole life and I think that is amazing. I love the way you answer the phone "MoneyMaker Hall"..so good. " Never Quit!!!" That could easily be your motto.

I want to throw in one more "bonus" strength, you are a very professional person. You carry yourself like a true professional. In your speech, in your writing, in your dealings, you are a professional...Yet, you can let your hair down, too, but when you need to look, act, sound and think like a real professional, you can and you do. I think this makes you have strength , especially, in the business world.

I believe in you!!

australianinvestor

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 4, 2007
Australia
A relaxing day at sea (crusin') with the hubby and a great book after a week of achievement and progress.

Kimber, your husband's SUCH a lucky guy! If only I could find a girl who likes boating! :)

Anyone here single? ;-) [MJ - maybe we need a FLTM dating forum!]

:heartbeat:

australianinvestor

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 4, 2007
Australia
I ended up asking 4 different people what they thought my strengths were, and I have to tell you that I feel pretty blessed to have these people think of me in such a way.... Here are their answers/comments ...

Wow, that's so fantastic! Excellent idea. I'll have to try it one day :)

Just from what I read, if I knew nothing else about you, you're definitely the kind of person that I'd like to know. :wave:

MsMoney

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 1, 2008
Valencia, CA
Wow, that's so fantastic! Excellent idea. I'll have to try it one day :)

Just from what I read, if I knew nothing else about you, you're definitely the kind of person that I'd like to know. :wave:

Thanks, Aussie! :thankyousign:

dkt91

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Aug 15, 2008
Munich, Germany

Make them $10,000,000.00 of course!

2. Describe your perfect day

Actually everyday is a perfect day for me. Everday is like a movie and I decide which role I would like to play.

I wanna be remembered as the millionaire who always stayed the guy from next door that used to help old ladies carrying heavy bags at the supermarket.

4. What are your strengths?

- very positive attitude to life
- almost photographic memory
- good at talking
- reliable
- accurate
- ambitious

...plus I am the fastest 100m runner at my school :smug2:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts