The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Questions about Shopify (if you are using it!)

6FiguresKenny

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 19, 2016
Hey guys,

I recently created a shopify store (6 weeks ago), I only had 5 sales. I drove all my traffic from Facebook ADs, looks to me like it isnt working out.... at least for me. I had 100+ add to cart though lol.

My question is should I continue with what I am doing or will you suggest me to close the store...?

Regards

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JordanS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 8, 2014
There are many variables.

You didn't say how many clicks you have total, but if you have 100 add to carts people must at least like the product. There is something in between adding to the cart and checkout that scares them away. Could be your theme, payment options, product price, shipping price, etc.

How much did you spend, how much did you make?

Have you tested various interests on facebook, or has it all been from the same few?

Are your facebook ads PPE, CTW, WC? All of these perform different.

Do you have an app for abandoned cart emails?

Do you have an app for Retargetting?

MakeMoreMoves

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 19, 2015
Don't mean to hijack, but I don't get why people choose amazon pro or shopify to start off. If you don't make sales quick, you're going to go negative real quick with the monthly fees.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Don't mean to hijack, but I don't get why people choose amazon pro or shopify to start off. If you don't make sales quick, you're going to go negative real quick with the monthly fees.
Because Shopify has a 45 day free trial with a working cart so you can make some quick sales before the trial expires and hopefully stick around. No sales in 45 days? Trial expires, no cost.

Kenny, I agree with Jordan, you have something that's putting people off at your cart, fix that blockage and you might see some sales starting to come through. Are they Americans who are suddenly faced with a foreign account total (i.e. like they would be with me if I opened an Australian shop)? Is there some extra shipping costs they didn't expect? Your cart is working (5 sales) so it can't be that. Get some people to test the whole buying process for you and see if they can pick any barbs that might be catching people on their way through.

Good luck and let us know what you find as I'm sure the lessons can be used by others. Thanks for posting your puzzlement. I'd also be worried if I had 100 people getting the urge to buy my product then changing their mind at the end.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.