The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question to ebay sellers

Brentnal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jan 23, 2013
Netherlands/Sidewalk
I have dropped the price of some of my products on ebay and added a shipping charge which compensates the price drop. But I'm getting more sales now than I was getting with free shipping.

Do you list your items at the Dutch ebay or American, and do you only ship in europe if so please explain.
For someone like me starting out would you reccomend to ship in europe first or doesn't it matter.

Feel free to pm me you can talk dutch with me.
Much apreciated,
Roy

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LeungJan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jan 8, 2013
see how far you can go with it until you reach an obstacle? Then, figure out how to overcome the obstacle.

I love this, too many people spend time thinking about all the obstacles they are going to face and never take any action.

S

stranger

16yearoldboy, you waits and waits and wait and goes on to wait.
Ok, look around in your house, maybe you have some things which you don't need in. And then try to sell them via the Internet. This will become your 1st step in your ecommerce. Then write down what products are manufactured in your country. And then see if you can pick up something to re-sell to other countries.

Let's one question; why you decided that ecommerce is for you?

miked_d

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 25, 2008
Los Angeles
@stranger - google "ebay stealth account". Can you setup an address in a nearby paypal friendly country?

About free shipping - eBay will rank your listing higher if you offer free shipping. If you have a rare item, there will not be many others listing so your item will naturally be at the top. If there are many other sellers, eBay takes free shipping into consideration

Ikke

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 20, 2012
Netherlands
Do you list your items at the Dutch ebay or American, and do you only ship in europe if so please explain.
For someone like me starting out would you reccomend to ship in europe first or doesn't it matter.

I sell on ebay.com and have also sold on ebay.co.uk
I will ship worldwide to any country you can imagine. Why would I limit myself to europe? And it doesn't matter where you ship to as long as you can ship to that destination.

Now what are you going to do with this information? What is the need you want to fulfill?

Brentnal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jan 23, 2013
Netherlands/Sidewalk
Let's one question; why you decided that ecommerce is for you?

Because i want to earn my own income and learn get some experience and to find a hobby or something that i like maybe it will be my passion.
I am just exploring what i like to do in life.

Brentnal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jan 23, 2013
Netherlands/Sidewalk
Now what are you going to do with this information? What is the need you want to fulfill?

I am gonna ship worldwide to, and if i can find a product high in demand i will try to flip it to make some euro's.

XOthermic

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
May 12, 2011
California
Bro,

Get a damn debit card. Get a damn bank account!

Don't have one? Use your mom's and when you start to see a lil profit from the "garbage business" model you have that is based on creating an ebay sellers account w/o a bank card, you can open your very own sellers account.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.