The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question, Selling to Distributors/Wholesalers

MP_fLEX

Possessed By Fire
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Nov 9, 2014
Austin, TX
Hello over the past month I've been busy putting together my first e-commerce niche website and during this process I've had a lot of validation of my products before even launching ( Instagram/ People "have to have it!" "when are these for sale?" "Need & want")

I've had a handful of different types of distributors, bloggers, and people looking for sponsorships.
Now this being my first go at business I'm not familiar with how partnerships like this work
but I was looking to selling my product at a 30-40% discount to people who want to buy in bulk.

My main concern is that If I sell to too many people right out of the gate I might get some quick recognition but it might shorten the lifespan of the product because so many people are now selling it, possibly as their own. I remember listening to a podcast on buildmyonlinestore.com about how having too many distributors could cause them to compete for price and eventually cheapen the product.

Can someone help me out with some guidance, like should I need to come up with some sort of contract (if so what would be typical to include or is there a certain name for such a thing). Or would it be best to sell only full retail through my site to until I get the ball rolling.

Any insight is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I was just talking with @JAJT today about this. The only way to recognize perfect market control is to not sell to resellers.

I don't think you should even entertain that until your own product is successful, proven, and winning.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.