The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question for successful entrepreneurs: Counterintuitive insight?

ArmanK

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Apr 30, 2022
What has been the most counterintuitive insight you've had since becoming an entrepreneur?

Stated another way - what is so obvious to you now that would not have ever crossed your mind in the beginning?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
What has been the most counterintuitive insight you've had since becoming an entrepreneur?

Stated another way - what is so obvious to you now that would not have ever crossed your mind in the beginning?
I have found that pieces of a project always fall in place. The more relaxed and focused leads to better faster results.

Fighting, stressing, stomping on people doesn't get the same results.

Simply move in the direction you want to go and things will work out.

• Banned

ArmanK

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Apr 30, 2022
I have found that pieces of a project always fall in place. The more relaxed and focused leads to better faster results.

Fighting, stressing, stomping on people doesn't get the same results.

Simply move in the direction you want to go and things will fall into place.
This is good life advice.

To paraphrase what you said in my own words - Go with the flow :)

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
This is good life advice.

To paraphrase what you said in my own words - Go with the flow :)
Yes. But flow in the direction you want to go.

Sometimes there are obstacles that need to be overcome. These tend to resolve themselves. If they don't, move another direction.

• Banned

ArmanK

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Apr 30, 2022

Sometimes there are obstacles that need to be overcome. These tend to resolve themselves. If they don't, move another direction.
"flow in the direction you want to go"

WAY better than what i said haha

• Banned

ArmanK

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Apr 30, 2022

what is the most telling sign that you are flowing down a suboptimal stream?

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
When you are relaxed and listening to yourself. Pay attention to your emotions. They are driven by you.

How everything progresses is important.

I have felt like odds were overwhelmingly against me but direction felt right. Went with the flow and it worked out beautifully.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Listen to your gut.

Mine has always been right and when I ignored it, it cost me. When I paid attention, I did well.

Black_Mamba_427

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 6, 2022
Set lower more achievable goals, because they build momentum and allow for you to be consistent.
It's the consistency that drives results.

Sometimes before I'd set massive goals and then get burned out and take a long break, or feel lost or unmotivated if I didn't hit them. Start low and slowly increase, rather than starting with a daunting overwhelming goal/targets.

And don't blindly trust "professionals" that you are paying (such as accountants). You think they SHOULD be able to do their job properly - even expensive ones - can still be horrible at what they do. Make sure you don't just blindly take their word on advice. Make sure you fully understand what they are telling you. Ask questions and understand it. My first accountant was insisting I should be paying 65-69% tax. The second one I used would have cost me tens of thousands of pounds a year.. It was only when I looked into what they were doing I realised it was all wrong and they were leaving bits out and costing me more too. 3rd accountant is a dream and down to around 10-15% tax.

TheKingOfMadrid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 14, 2020
Always be in love with who you were before, and who you'll be tomorrow.

What I mean by this - is that many people become blackmailable and one way or another they end up under the heel of someone else. This happens because we grow ego attached to our image of who we are when we think we're being successful.

But if you loved who you were before - and can see it all as just one big game then you can just walk away before someone holds your feet to the fire.

it doesn't have to be a love either, for example people that grew up dirt poor have a deep knowledge that they survived that - so they will never accept it being used as a threat against them.

Same for relationships - you grow comfortable and your partner gets leverage to blackmail you, you need to always be able to just walk away.

It's counter-intuitive because culture tells you that you should hate yourself if you're not Apex Alpha Bro.

ArmanK

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Apr 30, 2022
Always be in love with who you were before, and who you'll be tomorrow.

What I mean by this - is that many people become blackmailable and one way or another they end up under the heel of someone else. This happens because we grow ego attached to our image of who we are when we think we're being successful.

But if you loved who you were before - and can see it all as just one big game then you can just walk away before someone holds your feet to the fire.

it doesn't have to be a love either, for example people that grew up dirt poor have a deep knowledge that they survived that - so they will never accept it being used as a threat against them.

Same for relationships - you grow comfortable and your partner gets leverage to blackmail you, you need to always be able to just walk away.

It's counter-intuitive because culture tells you that you should hate yourself if you're not Apex Alpha Bro.
This is a good reminder that ego can be our biggest enemy if we let it control us.

Thank you for sharing.

I love the Stoic philosophy view that is similar to what you said - by occasionally practicing poverty, we will no longer fear it. And asking yourself, "Is this the situation that i feared so much?"

TheKingOfMadrid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 14, 2020
And asking yourself, "Is this the situation that i feared so much?"
Yeah, thinking like the quote you wrote is the difference maker - I have seen so many people gripped by personal prisons that they spend all day battling against them never finding the energy to take what they want from the world.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.