The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question for SteveO - Russ - MJ - Diane & Others

Cat Man Du

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 30, 2007
Question for SteveO - Russ - MJ - Diane and others. This surfaced in the Discipline - Overcoming Obstacles Thread. Here's the question #1: What motivated you to move out of the slow lane and look for a fast lane? What ignited the spark within you to change your financial life? This would apply to others who are on the journey as well. In the beginning did you use coaches - mentors who made you accountable in achieving your goals? Now, I don't mean someone who shows you the ropes, but only shows you the way. My contention is that unless your motivation is from within yourself and you do not need or use accountability, but you push yourself to achieve - only then will you achieve your goal. Every successful person that I have met is a rebel - they don't go by the rules - they make their own. They stay within the law, but they make their own path. Question #2: What event, circumstance gave you that Aha Moment - was it something you wanted? someone? or was it something you didn't want? or did you just wake up one morning and say I can't stand it I'm going to live like this anymore.:thankyousign:for responding.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Jeez... you made me go back and read that whole thread.

I think that you can get a good sense just by reading the success stories. It seems that most are fairly self-motivated.

Here is an excerpt from a post that I made a while back:

I would still be in my same old job working my a$$ of to get a promotion had I not stumbled across one person. He was a person with a 6th grade education that had achieved financial freedom in his 40's without doing anything spectacular.

I saw his result, bought a book, and made my path from there. I really wish that I didn't wait until I was 39 to get started but... I am really glad that I did so at the age of 39.

My accountability came from within.

I have never been good at details, making lists, prioritizing, etc... It would be a benefit to me though. I know what needs to get done though.

Fortunately, there are ways to pass off the details to others. I do make them accountable. :smx7:

Cat Man Du

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 30, 2007
Thanx for responding SteveO. I just edited the above , because I can see that I'm really asking 2 questions. Please refer to question #2 and see if you can help me on that one. Also, I know that there others on this forum that are just starting out and heading for the fastlane. Let us have your imput as well.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
The answer to the second question was addressed in the old post information that I pulled up. I sat down with someone that worked under me at HP to give him guidance on how to improve his performance at work. His answer back to me was that if I made his job less fun, he would quit. So, of course I needed to understand how he could just leave his job. He told me that he owned apartment buildings and did not need his work income anymore.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.