The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question For All My Affiliate Superstars Out There

AlterJoule

Busy Working.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2014
Hey all,

I'm looking for opinions from those of you who have been involved or are currently still involved in affiliate marketing.

I am looking to hire someone and I am trying to figure out the best way to compensate. I see that a lot of affiliates get paid a single commission but I was thinking about something different.

I sell a monthly subscription and I was thinking about paying out $2.00 per sale every month for each subscriber that they sign up.

So if you sign up 10,000 subscribers, you get 20k a month, every month, for as long as they stay subscribed.

Is something like this appealing? Waste of time? I'm looking for some input as to the attractiveness of this offer. Thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MindWarrior

Power Moves
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Feb 23, 2015
First off, what is the cost of your monthly subscription?
Honestly, $2 recurring monthly is not that much unless you are working in a large market and offering extreme value. As an affiliate I won't touch a $2 offer unless I feel I can send massive volume with little time/money investment on my end.

AlterJoule

Busy Working.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2014
Mind,

Thanks for the reply. $9.99 a month. I sell to a massive public and business market selling an extremely noble and important service. No reoccurring razors coming from this guy. So because of the massive market, the important issue I fix in people's lives, and the easy to digest price-point, it seemed that $2 reoccurring would be a low-hanging fruit, no-brainier kind of deal.

dario

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 14, 2012
I think a 20% revshare is not bad, unless the retention rate is not good and users cancel the subscription very soon

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
You have to keep in mind that the affiliate has to pay for the traffic and lead somehow.

Getting a lead for under $2 at scale on any platform will take some work.

Your price point simply because of math wouldn't be too appealing to an affiliate unless they already know your market and are 100% certain they can get leads for $1.00 at scale.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
100%-200% Commission upfront + 20% recurring commission for each active subscribe might be more appealing.

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
I feel like a revshare deal in this case would be better suited for someone with an existing audience, like a Facebook page, blog, website etc. or Youtube channel that can promote it for free or with low costs on an ongoing basis, much like Audible is doing with Youtube. "This video was sponsored by Audible, check them out. Link below: audible.com/Youtubeguy"

For someone like me who is exclusively doing paid traffic, there simply are too many unknown variables when I can get a higher payout from another offer that requires much less preselling, due to brand leverage, ease of conversion and so on.

What I would do is run traffic to it on my own or get an agency to run traffic and then track metrics like average subscription time, earnings per email optin etc. So you know what each step is worth to you and what you are able to pay to an affiliate.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.