The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question about stocks..

Anything related to investing, including crypto

supraman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Aug 17, 2007
Hi there

I was wondering if you could say buy a share on the ex dividend date and then sell it the next day and keep the dividend? Of course the share price would have to be stable.
I did some research and found a site that said the price of the share usually falls by the same amount as the dividend on that date to avoid this arbitrage. Is this the case?

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
Hi there

I was wondering if you could say buy a share on the ex dividend date and then sell it the next day and keep the dividend? Of course the share price would have to be stable.
I did some research and found a site that said the price of the share usually falls by the same amount as the dividend on that date to avoid this arbitrage. Is this the case?

Thanks

settlement usually takes approx 3 days... buy 3 days before the ex-date and then keep until at the day after x-div

this strategy is not as beautiful as it seems once you find out that typically, the stock will open the following day after ex-date an amount equal to the dividend ...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.