The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question about re-using a domain to gain traffic?

KittyWrestler

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
May 6, 2011
Wondering if anybody knows if this will work.

I had a blog site under a domain name since 2004. At that time when blog was just gaining popularity, I had a lot of traffic and posted a boat load of posts about pretty much anything, from food to rock climbing to video games to real estate to stock trading.. I wrote whatever I felt like and visitors came in... I had a lot of back links and studied SEO and promoted the site to be on top of the search result list.

I stopped blogging around 2007 and just let the site sitting there... But because of the articles I wrote, traffic still came in. I am wondering if I can re-use this domain name to open a store under it and still benefit from the traffic? Or the domain will be complete fresh once I switch the content?

Any advice on how to benefiting from this old domain name is appreciated. Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
You can re-purpose the link juice from the blog to your money site. Put links to your money site with relevant keywords by making a new post on the blog that deals with the topic your money site deals with - you have posts of various topics anyway, so it won't look out of place.

Do a few posts like that so there are some good keyword rich links on the first page (or the page with the highest PR) and a lot of the "stock trading, real estate, etc.") keyword juice will be re-purposed to the new money keyword. Make sure that you take out old links on the first page (or the highest PR page) that are not about your money site.

Hope this helps.

Bo

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.