The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question about pooling investors funds for Zendolpin

roc

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Feb 12, 2011
My question is how to private money and how to use it, with regards to purchase and exit strategy? For example do you want your private money investors to fund 100% of the purchase and rehab cost or fund you the buyer 20% down.

Also what is a typical exit strategy when using private money. Do they get paid out if you refi or sell or are they getting paid each month while holding the note. Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser2

it all depends

but Here is a REAL basic structure
lets break this into 2 different questions.

1. investors

1. pooling investor money is illegal unless you use a Regulation D 504, 505 or 506 and you need a SEC atty to put the PPM (private placement memorandum together for you)

once you have that (from 2500 to 25,000 bucks) you can start to raise money but only under the guidelines of the regulation you chose.

you may however, under MOST states rules, create a NOTE on the property and be exempted under sales of "partial or full mortgage" sale. you need to look it up for your state.

for what your doing, I use private money, or hard money from 1 investor. I get the rehab funds in escrow, with an agreed upon draw down schedule. step one buy the property, step 2. do 5K in rehab, show the rehab, show the receipts, get 5K out of escrow, do it again until done. step 3. sell house.

if you pay for the payments during, before or after, is only dependent on what the investor requires. when I can I put all the payments on the back end. because it doesn't affect my cash flow. I pay a bit more in interest, but thats ok.

I loan hard money, and when I do loan, I require that they make monthly payments of Interest only. reason is. I can tell when something goes wrong, I don't have to wait 6 months to find out.

Exits,
most money is patient enough to wait 6 months to 12 months to get paid. they get paid out on closing. or on a refi. I typically wont carry the note for an investor if they are selling it to a retail person. I want my money back so I can reloan it.

the format of your question is kinda broad, so I hope i touched some basic points. its kinda like asking, how do you make money....

good luck
hope that helps
Z

roc

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Feb 12, 2011
Ok I'll go a little further, I'm and buy and hold investor my main goal is to be able to purchase properties and rehab them for cash flow, all with other peoples money. I'm in PA, so my I would probablly create an LLC, with my partner aka lender getting 10% until I can refi and get his or her money back at which point his shares in the LLC would dissolve.

I guess my main question when doing something like this, is that the lender is going to want some risk on my part because he or she does not want to hold the property if there are problems. What type of points did you charge when lending? Thanks roc

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.