- Joined
- Jan 25, 2024
- Messages
- 8
Rep Bank
$90
$90
User Power: 25%
So, recently I have started a small side hustle of selling a certain secondhand item, I bought that item from a person (let's name him A) who is a good friend of mine. A has a massive supply of the item due to his father and he gets it practically for free. What I have been doing is buying the item from A and selling it to other people, though it's a relatively non-scalable side hustle it has a 10-20% margin. When someone requests the item I buy it from A and sell it (with no chance of loss from my part). For a few months, it's been going great!
But A realized that even though his item was selling, he was losing due to my margins (keep in mind that he gets it mostly for free, even if it costs him sometimes it will be like a 50% margin) so he has started giving out the item for a very low margin and telling people that I used to buy from him. This has hurt my sales and it is ruining my reputation. What should I do to keep both my margins and my reputation? He doesn't really have a good reputation so people don't trust him as much as me. But his reputation is growing too. I need both him and the public to be happy to keep my hustle alive. I have really been stuck in this problem for a week and every day i am losing customers.
But A realized that even though his item was selling, he was losing due to my margins (keep in mind that he gets it mostly for free, even if it costs him sometimes it will be like a 50% margin) so he has started giving out the item for a very low margin and telling people that I used to buy from him. This has hurt my sales and it is ruining my reputation. What should I do to keep both my margins and my reputation? He doesn't really have a good reputation so people don't trust him as much as me. But his reputation is growing too. I need both him and the public to be happy to keep my hustle alive. I have really been stuck in this problem for a week and every day i am losing customers.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
