The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Using Public Relations to Raise Funds or Sell Your Business...

Idea threads

terrordread

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Dec 26, 2020
After spending some time learning about the different stages a company goes through during an investment cycle, the thought occurred to me, could you create a kind of blueprint for a public relations strategy that supports businesses during each stage of the cycle.

For example, a startup working towards raising its series A might be looking to position its founder as a thought leader in their space. Whereas a company that successfully raised funds from a Series A, B, C, etc, needs to now deploy that capital on behalf of its investors, grow revenue, and win market share. So that stage might be more about brand building and raising the company's public profile/increasing customer base, etc. A private equity backed business nearing the end of the investment cycle would be looking for support in conversations with potential buyers in order to successfully exit the business. So then the idea came to me - do PR firms do this kind of thing, specifically supporting businesses along their investment journeys?

There seem to be 6 distinct phases of investment that I think could benefit from PR support with a strategic focus distinct from that of the other stages. I've attached an image defining each of these. (Source)

As a forum for entrepreneurs, I wanted to put this idea out to the fast lane community to see if a) any of you have already implemented a PR strategy along these lines (even if it was just for one stage in the cycle), and b) if you have any comments/feedback on this as a USP for a PR firm - an outsourced PR department specializing in supporting conversations and narratives around investments (pe, vc, angels, etc.).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• Lifecycle_of_private_equity_by_investment_stage_of_development_2.png
    Lifecycle_of_private_equity_by_investment_stage_of_development_2.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 5

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content