The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question about focus

cardmagic

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jun 16, 2019
Hello Fastlane Forum community,

I've been able to acquire a significant amount of money, but only a fraction of the level where I can survive on fully passive investments. So I've been trying a bunch of nearly passive investments ranging from real estate (single and multi-family homes), directly investing in oil wells, investing in music royalties and buying content web sites.

My target return has been 13-15% cash-on-cash cashflowing opportunities.

But with content websites (which happens to also be my personal area of technical expertise), I've been able to get much much better than 13% cash-on-cash returns. Because of the improvements I am able to make to the sites after I buy them, I can get over 100% cash-on-cash returns.

So my question is: do I focus on acquiring these websites until I reach my target net worth level, at which point I can sell them and trade them for fully passive investments?

Or do I continue investing in a variety of assets along the path to my target net worth level?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So my question is: do I focus on acquiring these websites until I reach my target net worth level

I would keep doing what you're doing. A skill that delivers 100% returns is something you should not ignore. That 100% will compound immensely.

Welcome to the forum!

cardmagic

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jun 16, 2019
Thanks MJ, but would you recommend continuing diversifying or stop diversifying and focus on exploiting what’s working best?

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
For content-based websites, there are a number of ways you can monetize (ads, affiliate sales, infoproducts, flip the website, etc.).

I've see people flip websites that are monetized via ads and/or affiliate sales. But to me, it seems like that's leaving a lot of money on the table, since infoproducts (and/or physical products) are high-margin and offer more control than ads or affiliate sales; plus, you own the infoproducts (you don't own anything if you're focused on ad or affiliate revenue).

So, even if you decide to flip the website, if you've got revenue from infoproducts, my hunch is you'd be able to sell the site for more than if it's simply monetized from ads & affiliate sales.

cardmagic

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jun 16, 2019
Yes, part of my strategy that has returned amazing results is to expand from affiliate income only into display ads, info products, and dropshipping.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.