The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Q about financing larger projects

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
for those financing properties >10mm with 30% equity, who are you using? The usual suspects I have known to do it for years are either out of biz or they're using shark rates.

Thanks in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Are you talking apartment or commercial? Agency lenders such as Fannie, Freddie and Ginnie are still doing loans on apartments. Underwriting has tightened up though.

I don't follow the commercial market too much but, there is not much out there. Insurance money is probably a likely candidate though.

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
I am looking into an office facility.... originally was considering apartments but I think the value is going to be found in the office commercial end of the market especially when unemployment reaches the double digits and forces banks to shrivel up like george costanza coming out of the ocean. Originally was interested in a large building/campus for sale but it would have been too much for me to handle (raising funds, etc) so I've changed strategies to looking at 5 to 10mm and this where plenty of distress will be found, if not already. I have a couple of appointments next week to view them.

sidenote- was speaking yesterday at Memorial Day with owner of largest privately held home builders along east coast and he said verbatim that all of commercial is: "waiting at the gates of hell and that we haven't seen anything yet" ... he was always holding thoughts close to his vest but I think in his wiser years he is opening up more, which is nice to get his perspective...

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
smaller banks are taking on 5-10mm loans but of course they want your left arm or first born, along with a 25-35% skin in the game....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EdmontonShaz

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 4, 2009
Edmonton
For the 10,000,000 plus deals, and I've only done two, here in Canada it is mostly done by Pension Funds and Life Companies. As of late, a bunch of pension companies have gotten back into the market place - but they are tough to get a hold of.

I normally end up going through a broker, or to the HSBC.

Shaz

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.