The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Putting my ideas to paper...

Idea threads

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Just got in one of those 'flow states' for writing. Planning on turning some of this content into a book and think it can help a lot of people in here....

Ok, so you decided that you want be successful.

Great!

If you’re new to this and you’re trying to learn how to be successful, you’re going to have a very long road to walk down.

Seriously. I walked down that road in the past, and I made one major mistake.

This is the shortcut that will take years off of your learning curve…

I decided to write this to cut the learning curve by at least a couple of years, because I started right where you are. No rags to riches story, I wasn’t brought up in a privileged lifestyle. I was just a typical American dude raised by typical American standards.

When the life that I was told to follow didn’t work out for me, I found myself unemployed at 25, so I searched for a different path.

I had my first “mini-retirement” two and a half years later.

…but I’m sure you don’t care about my story. You want the lessons that you can extract from my story that will teach you how to be successful.

What I’m about to tell you is what my mentors taught me years ago. And I’m talking about multi-millionaire mentors, CEOs of public companies, and the top 1% of society.

This isn’t just about wealth. Any skill you want to master and raise up to the 1% with start off by following this path.

Warning: Do you want to be right, or do you want to be rich?

Think of something you could easily teach someone how to do. Something where if they follow your step by step instructions, they WILL have success with it, without a doubt.

How frustrated will you be if they think they know better and do things their own way? They’re going to fail.

You know this stuff, and they don’t.

Good, now that we put that into context, don’t be just like that frustrating person and listen.

Throw your egos out the window, and let it wander off somewhere and never come back, because those things will get in the way.

I’ll do you a favor. When I was in the police academy, I became very proficient with the Remington Model 879 Police shotgun.

Except for that one time I got shot in the vest at the shooting range…but that’s a story for another time.

Either way, I just killed your ego with that shotgun, and buried it in the back woods. We are 95% of the way there already…

Why am I writing this?

Sometimes my mentors told me some golden nuggets of information that would have taken years off of my learning curve.

I didn’t listen to.

You know that place next to the Oak tree where I just buried your ego? It’s in the same grave as mine when I killed my ego about six months ago.

The things my mentors were telling me to do didn’t make any sense at all. In fact, a lot of it went against everything I was ever taught growing up.

I decided to try things on my own.

They knew how to do this stuff, and I didn’t.

Some of us just have to learn the hard way. I learned the hard way.

Since your ego is gone, and you don’t care about being right, and doing the things the same way you’ve always done things in the past…you’re in a very good position to be successful right now.

You can’t fill up a cup that is already full.

You can’t not learn something new right now.

The cup you’re drinking out of is filled to the brim with parasitic flesh-eating bacteria. But you can’t see it, and it doesn’t hurt you initially. Everything seems fine, especially because everybody else around you is drinking from that same cup as you.

The information you’re drinking up seems to be working for you now. But 5, 10, 20 years down the road, you’re going to start to feel the effects of this bad information.

It’s time to empty that cup.

Pour it out. Every last drop, and wipe it squeaky clean with a towel. Because it’s the last two drops that are left that will hold you back.

And I’m talking about social conditioning and everything you’ve learned up until this point of your life.

If you wanted to make more money in 5 years, what would you do?

In the ghettos, they would start selling drugs…because that is all they have been exposed to in their way of life.

The environment we live in fills our brain with the limited information of that environment.

The young men in the ghetto see others in their shoes start selling drugs, and the gangs tell them if they join, they get to live the good life.

Most of these young men who listen to this advice wind up in jail if they’re lucky. Dead if they are not.

I don’t blame them for the choices they make. Their cup is filled with information that was preached to them based on the social conditions and environment they’ve grown up in.

My cup used to be filled with the information social conditioning taught us.

I’ll go deeper into the negative effects of social conditioning at a later time, but the main takeaway is that the governments use the mainstream media and the school systems to train and condition people to fit into society in a way that keeps a productive and orderly society.

Social conditioning breeds and orderly and productive society.

Do you want to be a worker in the machine, play by the rules, and live a life you are told to live? Or do you want to break free and be part of the 1% that lives the life they want to live?

The school system, your parents, your friends, and the other 99% of society’s cup is filled with the same dirty information. Not as bad as what the kids in the ghetto learn, but bad enough. They are blind to the step above them. They only see poverty and hopelessness.

Their cup is filled with poison.

You see an average life based on the norms on society. A couple steps up from the ghetto life.

Just like the ghetto youths are blind to opportunity, what are you blind to? What steps are just above you that you are capable of waking up to?

What is your cup filled with?

What if everything you’ve ever been taught growing up filled you cup with information that conditions you to NOT be successful?

They say that the top 1% of people make more money than the other 99% of people combined.

Don’t you want to fill your cup with the good stuff, and learn what it takes to become successful just like them?

There’s only one problem.

You can’t do that if your cup is already full of bad information.

Pour it out.

The first step to becoming successful…is not to learn, but to unlearn. Because when your cup is full, there’s no room for new information.

In a minute we are going to let the unlearning process begin.

But first, I am going to give you a crash course in social conditioning, influence, and persuasion.

Because in order to break free from the limited mindset you’ve been conditioned to have, you’re going to learn how that information gets there in the first place.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.