The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Pull apart our customer journey! Simple lead funnel - nothing too time-consuming.

Marketing, social media, advertising

Jacques_D

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 21, 2018
Howdy, fast-laners.

It's an honour to now be a part of this forum. I read Unscripted and Millionaire Fastlane (in that order) late last year and it's fair to say these books changed my life.

My first venture since ditching the slow lane involves developing all of the online marketing for a green energy start-up here in the UK, headed by a long-standing friend of mine. Our main source of leads to the business currently involves using paid search to attract relevant traffic to a series of landing pages designed specifically to convert visitors into leads.

However, recently (in particular) I have noticed a declining conversion rate despite the traffic seemingly being of high quality. I have my own theory on why this could be, but I would love the opinions of other savvy people - i.e. your good selves.

It would be such a huge help if you could visit these pages and specify the reasons why you would (or wouldn't) go the full route. Scenario is as follows: you're a homeowner with an interest in renewable energy sources and/or looking for ways to ways to reduce your heating bill. You may or may not be aware of certain government incentives to help you to achieve this.

Here are the pages - 2 variations for each proposition:

Green Energy Services, Reduce your heating bill by up to 80%
Green Energy Services, Make and save money using the space on your roof with solar energy and the feed-in tariff (FIT)

Thanks so much and can't wait for your feedback - more than happy to return the favour is possible.

Cheers,
James

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Full Steam

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 11, 2018
My first-time post, and I've not read either book.

I do run a small inbound marketing agency though and had 10 minutes to look at your landing pages.

The only thing that stuck out for me was that the content is a bit too deep and technical, rather than focusing on the emotional drives and desires of the buyer.

They are also not concrete enough to make me take the next action.

A bit too much "fog of marketing". Be more meaningful and stand out.

I find it hard to avoid those traps as once you're that deep in the marketing strategy, products and goals you can lose sight of the customer.

Comments are from the perspective of a cynical buyer;

• Receive £800 - £2000 a year TAX FREE on ALL installs for 7 Years from the UK Government RHI scheme - take advantage of this offer before you miss out!

How much will this cost, how much do I save? Without the install cost, I may save $2k, but be out of pocket $10, and I want specifics before taking it further.

• Receive an income from exporting the electricity you generate
Again a bit more concrete. How much, how often and sell to whom?
  • Available to all homeowners with suitable roof space
What's suitable mean?
  • Quick and easy installation
  • Professionally installed to MCS standards
What does that mean and why should I care?
  • 25 year warranties with performance guarantees
Maybe get a bit more concrete - "if your roof falls and you wife leaves you, you'll be compensated by 2% back of your overall install costs*"

Small print;
*"we'll send it to the tent you're now living in if you send $500 to cover postage"

Jacques_D

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 21, 2018
My first-time post, and I've not read either book.

I do run a small inbound marketing agency though and had 10 minutes to look at your landing pages.

The only thing that stuck out for me was that the content is a bit too deep and technical, rather than focusing on the emotional drives and desires of the buyer.

They are also not concrete enough to make me take the next action.

A bit too much "fog of marketing". Be more meaningful and stand out.

I find it hard to avoid those traps as once you're that deep in the marketing strategy, products and goals you can lose sight of the customer.

Comments are from the perspective of a cynical buyer;

• Receive £800 - £2000 a year TAX FREE on ALL installs for 7 Years from the UK Government RHI scheme - take advantage of this offer before you miss out!

How much will this cost, how much do I save? Without the install cost, I may save $2k, but be out of pocket $10, and I want specifics before taking it further.

• Receive an income from exporting the electricity you generate
Again a bit more concrete. How much, how often and sell to whom?
  • Available to all homeowners with suitable roof space
What's suitable mean?
  • Quick and easy installation
  • Professionally installed to MCS standards
What does that mean and why should I care?
  • 25 year warranties with performance guarantees
Maybe get a bit more concrete - "if your roof falls and you wife leaves you, you'll be compensated by 2% back of your overall install costs*"

Small print;
*"we'll send it to the tent you're now living in if you send $500 to cover postage"

Hi Full Steam,

Wanted to send a big thanks for this honest and valuable feedback. You're so right - it's too easy to get caught up in the minutia when trying to write ad copy. These are all great points and I'm going to do some work on the pages today while your feedback is top of mind.

I think most buyers are cynical - I know that here in the UK internet users have been slammed so hard with online advertising in recent times that they're sick to the teeth of it and hard-pressed to part with their contact info. The quality of traffic we're attracting seems good based on demographics and search terms so I'm somewhat convinced the problem lies in the shortcomings of these landing pages.

Thanks again, and please let me know if I can return the favour somehow.

James

Full Steam

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 11, 2018
Hi Full Steam,

Wanted to send a big thanks for this honest and valuable feedback. You're so right - it's too easy to get caught up in the minutia when trying to write ad copy. These are all great points and I'm going to do some work on the pages today while your feedback is top of mind.

I think most buyers are cynical - I know that here in the UK internet users have been slammed so hard with online advertising in recent times that they're sick to the teeth of it and hard-pressed to part with their contact info. The quality of traffic we're attracting seems good based on demographics and search terms so I'm somewhat convinced the problem lies in the shortcomings of these landing pages.

Thanks again, and please let me know if I can return the favour somehow.

James

No problem.

I like to think of campaigns as stories.

Create a whole story through the conversion path, from ad> landing page > CTA > form > TY page > Email 1 > Email 2 > ETC > Sales process.

It helps me to make the whole story consistent and compelling, and it also helps in troubleshooting. Where is the story falling apart?

I agree about ad fatigue.

We are just changing our strategy a bit, and this is the new one that we might use for SMB;

Create conversion path aimed at the 3% buying now. Aim for short term gains.
- nurture them with non-salesy, helpful and relevant emails

Create conversion paths aimed at awareness , and cosnideration stage buyers journey. Aim for long term lead gen.
- use content aimed at buyer persona's pressing pain points.
- Buid out estate of content of huge value to the buyer.

Bottom line; people will always engage with the information they need to help them with a problem.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.