Kevin88660
Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Unscripted!
- Joined
- Feb 8, 2019
- Messages
- 6,929
- Location
- Lion City, Southeast Asia
Rep Bank
$5,252
$5,252
User Power: 130%
There are a lot of topics related to sales. I think it is worth opening up a thread on that.
I want to focus on prospecting- finding clients who are willing to give you time to listen to your presentation. Prospecting is the most important part in the game of sales. If you have a good pipeline if prospects, the war is won before it is ever fought.
I am a financial advisor tied to one of the biggest insurer in Singapore.
Quality prospects are defined to have all the following characteristics
1) People who can afford your products
2) People who see value in your product
3) People who are willing to take action (buy) now
An “A” grade prospect is said to have all three factors.
A “B” grade prospect have the first two but is unable to take action for personal reason-busy with work, cash flow problem until year end bonus or having a bad mood due to a quarrel with his wife.
Only look for these two types of prospects. Do not waste time on others.
One method I am using is to have a list contacts of professionals like doctors, lawyers, managers and company senior executives. Check them through the “Do not call list”. Call them and tell them who I am, and ask them if they are interested in a million dollar term life insurance coverage. If they say no, then I reply “Have a good day and good bye”. It take 30 seconds to end a call for a “no”.
Set an appointment with grade “A” prospect. If they are not willing to see me means they are not grade “A”.
For Grade “B” prospect ask them what is a good time to contact them again. Mark it on the calender.
For all others just contact them again one month later to see if they have turned into an A or B. “No” means “not now” unless they have requested for you not to call them again.
There is a lot of details and finetuning in the execution. But the board strategy is as mentioned. It is a system of repeatable actions on a book of 1000 phone contacts. It is one of the strategy that is working well for me and hence I am sharing it.
I hope other business owners and salespeople can share their prospecting strategies. Let us see what we can learn from each other.
I want to focus on prospecting- finding clients who are willing to give you time to listen to your presentation. Prospecting is the most important part in the game of sales. If you have a good pipeline if prospects, the war is won before it is ever fought.
I am a financial advisor tied to one of the biggest insurer in Singapore.
Quality prospects are defined to have all the following characteristics
1) People who can afford your products
2) People who see value in your product
3) People who are willing to take action (buy) now
An “A” grade prospect is said to have all three factors.
A “B” grade prospect have the first two but is unable to take action for personal reason-busy with work, cash flow problem until year end bonus or having a bad mood due to a quarrel with his wife.
Only look for these two types of prospects. Do not waste time on others.
One method I am using is to have a list contacts of professionals like doctors, lawyers, managers and company senior executives. Check them through the “Do not call list”. Call them and tell them who I am, and ask them if they are interested in a million dollar term life insurance coverage. If they say no, then I reply “Have a good day and good bye”. It take 30 seconds to end a call for a “no”.
Set an appointment with grade “A” prospect. If they are not willing to see me means they are not grade “A”.
For Grade “B” prospect ask them what is a good time to contact them again. Mark it on the calender.
For all others just contact them again one month later to see if they have turned into an A or B. “No” means “not now” unless they have requested for you not to call them again.
There is a lot of details and finetuning in the execution. But the board strategy is as mentioned. It is a system of repeatable actions on a book of 1000 phone contacts. It is one of the strategy that is working well for me and hence I am sharing it.
I hope other business owners and salespeople can share their prospecting strategies. Let us see what we can learn from each other.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
