The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

PROPERTY Management Marketing Strategy?

Marketing, social media, advertising

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
I have a potential client for my Digital Marketing Agency, but don't have tons of experience in the industry. However, we know we can help her as long as we have the right STRATEGY.

What They Do - Property Management Company (They manage practically end-to-end everything for Properties such as Apartment Buildings)

Who They Target - Property Owners + And other Property Management Companies whose books they want to buy

Their Unique Selling Point - Most property management firms do everything manually, my client fully automates a majority of everything with technology. Efficiency.

Their Problem - They don't know how to communicate their Unique Selling Point and use Digital Marketing to scale their leads

--

QUESTION

What channels would you target online to get them Property Owner leads via ONLINE?

I'm considering LInkedIn, but any of you Real Estate folks have any suggestions?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

PowerJen

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 13, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Hi GSD.
Not in the property industry, but have had some past clients in real estate investment (commercial) and a propensity for marketing (copywriting experience).

The USP stated is not quite there yet. I feel it is not coming at this from the buyer perspective. Spouting the fact of 'automation of property management', or even efficiency, leaves me cold. However, a spot of market research might uncover more benefits sought. Lacking this, take time to read their testimonials. WORDS used by the buyers themselves can heavily influence other buyers... these must be in plain English and preferably pick up on the end benefits.

e.g. "Property Management system X has been a time-saver for me (BENEFIT), the properties are reported on weekly (FEATURE), the tenants are happy (EMOTIVE BENEFIT), and all in all, I love their people (EMOTIVE).

All you do is pick up on the benefits from these testimonials or conversations or surveys, and put a streamlined version into your messaging. I learnt this particular technique from Hotcopy Podcast.
Question re channels: ha, that's your job, to research the best channels for the best value.

Incidentally, podcasting and, if targeted, ads on podcasting have one of the best cut-throughs of any low-cost advertising. You can look into some.

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
Hi GSD.
Not in the property industry, but have had some past clients in real estate investment (commercial) and a propensity for marketing (copywriting experience).

The USP stated is not quite there yet. I feel it is not coming at this from the buyer perspective. Spouting the fact of 'automation of property management', or even efficiency, leaves me cold. However, a spot of market research might uncover more benefits sought. Lacking this, take time to read their testimonials. WORDS used by the buyers themselves can heavily influence other buyers... these must be in plain English and preferably pick up on the end benefits.

e.g. "Property Management system X has been a time-saver for me (BENEFIT), the properties are reported on weekly (FEATURE), the tenants are happy (EMOTIVE BENEFIT), and all in all, I love their people (EMOTIVE).

All you do is pick up on the benefits from these testimonials or conversations or surveys, and put a streamlined version into your messaging. I learnt this particular technique from Hotcopy Podcast.
Question re channels: ha, that's your job, to research the best channels for the best value.

Incidentally, podcasting and, if targeted, ads on podcasting have one of the best cut-throughs of any low-cost advertising. You can look into some.

Thanks a lot for that Testimonial tip Jen, I'll definitely implement it with her customers' current testimonials.

As for marketing channels, I've found 3 "Pay-Per-Lead" Websites specifically for Property Management Companies to generate Property Owner leads. They pay $20 per hot lead.

Might use this as a Marketing Channel for my client as an alternative to paid traffic (PPC/FB Ads).

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
Exactly. As someone who has used several property management companies, this USP actually turns me off as a potential client -- I'd be less likely to hire them knowing that they try to automate tasks. Not saying they shouldn't do it behind the scenes, but they shouldn't brag about it to their clients.

I'd even go as far as to say it's not a USP. What business doesn't involve automation anymore?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Osmotic

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 17, 2019
I have a potential client for my Digital Marketing Agency, but don't have tons of experience in the industry. However, we know we can help her as long as we have the right STRATEGY.

What They Do - Property Management Company (They manage practically end-to-end everything for Properties such as Apartment Buildings)

Who They Target - Property Owners + And other Property Management Companies whose books they want to buy

Their Unique Selling Point - Most property management firms do everything manually, my client fully automates a majority of everything with technology. Efficiency.

Their Problem - They don't know how to communicate their Unique Selling Point and use Digital Marketing to scale their leads

--

QUESTION

What channels would you target online to get them Property Owner leads via ONLINE?

I'm considering LInkedIn, but any of you Real Estate folks have any suggestions?
Radio.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.