The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Proof The Wealthy Are Just Lucky. Here's why you don't start your business.

Anything related to matters of the mind

lollo

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 20, 2021
Italy
I just wanted to share and reiterate a fantastic topic that Youtuber Alex Becker talks about in his video "Proof The Wealthy Are Just Lucky" (the title of this thread is taken from his video that I recommend, linked below), and of course MJ wrote about in ALL his books.
Proof The Wealthy Are Just Lucky

Basically the main reason people don't start with their business is because they think they have to execute the best, newest, most disruptive idea in the world, and take it from 0 to a multi-million/billion dollar company. Some people with maybe less ambition just want a 1-10 million dollar idea, but they don't know where to get it or where to start looking.

When you are a teenager or in your early 20s, and you are in the never-ending spiral of learning, consuming content, reading, these thoughts are literally paralysing.
You just don't know where to start, the skill to master, the course to take. And while having all these doubts, time passes.

Reality is: you don't have to have it all figured out from the start.

The only thing to do at this point is: dive into the chaos.
  • Pick a skill.
  • Pick an interest.
  • Help one person.
  • Improve something.
Just execute. Do something and become good at it. It can be literally anything.

Once you execute, you start having feedback.
You start talking to people.
You become self-aware of your weak and strong points.
You will know yourself more.
You start seeing patterns.
You expose yourself to the real world.
And if you listen, the world always replies to you.
And if you are humble enough to put your ego apart and learn from what you discovered, you will grow.
Do this everyday, and you will soon be in the upward spiral of growth, where you make mistakes, learn from them, get stronger.

Little by little, your circle of influence will grow.
Day by day, you provide better and bigger value, because you will be a better person, with an always bigger awareness of how the world works.

And without even realising it, here it is: LUCK.
An opportunity, a conversation, a sale, a moment: something that will forever change the direction of your life/business.
Luck is there as a product of your past: the choices you made, the experiences you had, the people you talked to, the competences you acquired.
It is not there because years ago you created an immense long-term plan for your life and executed it perfectly. It is there because you made the choice to start.

You may have started with something, then pivoted, failed, stopped, restarted and pivoted again.
You may have started with something completely different from the thing you are doing now.
But because you started, you exposed yourself to the trials and tribulations that led you to the person you are today.

You have a vision. You have a dream.

But start small.

Today.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Very true - how unfortunate that more people do not understand this. I tend towards an internal locus of control but I recognize that there are environmental influences beyond my control. I get lucky - or take advantage of those influences - by putting myself out there and interacting with them.

I've banked some wonderful failures in my entrepreneurial journey. Each has contributed to the luck my current endeavor is experiencing.

lollo

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 20, 2021
Italy
Very true - how unfortunate that more people do not understand this. I tend towards an internal locus of control but I recognize that there are environmental influences beyond my control. I get lucky - or take advantage of those influences - by putting myself out there and interacting with them.

I've banked some wonderful failures in my entrepreneurial journey. Each has contributed to the luck my current endeavor is experiencing.
Exactly! There are things that we cannot control, like luck. So, we should focus on things we CAN control. Like probability.
We can not decide whether something will happen to us, but we can increase the probability of it happening.
What is the probability that I become wealthy? If I play video game all day, 0%.
If I start learning and reading about entrepreneurship, 0,001%.
If I start executing, 1%.
If I become valuable and solve a problem: I don't know, but definitely more than if I was miserable or mediocre.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
What is the probability that I become wealthy? If I play video game all day, 0%.
If I start learning and reading about entrepreneurship, 0,001%.
If I start executing, 1%.
If I become valuable and solve a problem: I don't know, but definitely more than if I was miserable or mediocre.
Exactly

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.