The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Promoting Websites Offline?

mjgilroy

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 11, 2010
I've been trying to get mass exposure for my new website business online but I'm struggling to get enough traffic.

Does anyone know any methods for promoting websites offline?

And do you know if they are worthwhile?

Cheers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Depends on the product/service. Can you give us some help?

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
Are you just trying to target your local area? Whats your budget? What are you selling?

If you are just going after the local market, we have found that signs are an amazing way to
get leads/traffic. We get 200 signs at signsonthecheap.com, and then I pay a local college kid
$8/hour to put them up, takes him all day. But I guarantee the for the next 2-3 weeks my phone doesn't
stop ringing with interest.

Just my 2 cents

stlsmoore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 8, 2009
Saint Louis
Great advice "aptohosting", I would love to here anymore ideas, I'm trying to promote a local city guide website besides just online SEO methods. Has anyone had any luck with radio ads or any other offline forms of marketing?

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
One cool little niche for big time marketing is weekend radio talk shows. The bar seems fairly low there during those time slots during the day. Real estate agents started a RE info show and they really make it into their own infomercial. Get tons of business from it. Another one is a half hour or hour show on cigars and these guys drive major traffic. I don't know if those companies actually pay for airtime or not as the shows are loosely formatted at information/talk shows w/ call-ins. I'd like to know the business structure of those shows, who pays who.

What to do in the city would be a great show. on FB i subscribe to a "365 things to do in minneapolis" which publishes one cool thing/event to do that is going on each day or coming up soon.

Bond

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Dec 13, 2009
Here's an idea:

Let's say you have a website targeted to local dentists(it could be another niche). You could build the site making it reach the page 1 on Google with some articles and then track how many visitors the site has per day...
With that info you could call the local dentists offering them a place on the site based on the number of uniques you have... I'm sure they'll be willing to pay a few hundred bucks per month if they have the possibility to get new clients every day.
You could do it for 3-4 dentists per site so that you have some competition between dentists to have their info there...
Dentists were just an example because their margin is high but you could do it for other niches too...

KimJay

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Nov 24, 2010
I am marketing my site locally. I plan to do most of my promotions offline. I really love the idea of posting signs. I was thinking of doing a billboard but at this early stage it would be overkill, especially for my budget. Right now I am co-promoting an event with my website launch. So my website will be on 5,000 flyers throughout my city.

I may purchase radio ads for my event as well. If I do then my website will be one of the "sponsors" of the event. I am also going to do a launch party for my website to build anticipation. Like MJ said though, it really depends on the type of business you are trying to promote.

Rocky

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Nov 27, 2010
FL
Not sure if it would help but maybe do a nice video to get people excited and post it on You Tube.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.