The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

(Progress Thread) My First Business... Exciting times.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Visionary96

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Oct 23, 2018
Torquay, United Kingdom
I have been really just a lurker on this forum for the past couple of years and only recently have started getting more involved. So I figured, journalling my first business through here would be a pretty nifty idea, not only for myself but for the others to read, if it does become a success one day that is.

I am starting an online store selling Weighted Jump Ropes. Less flimsy skipping rope and more thick battle rope/cross-fit kind. I feel this kind of product can be branded well and rope jumping itself is a very effective workout for the body (full body, more burnt calories than running etc.) I really see no better time to start than now with all gyms closed and home workout equipment still on the rise. I should probably have started this at the beginning of lockdown when demand was higher but hey, I'm confident in my brand and the product, and believe it can still sell no matter the circumstances.

Currently in talks with getting a sample shipped over from suppliers and looking forward to jumping into E-commerce, building ads and general actual action-taking!

I'll update whenever I feel its worthy to do so.

Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Putt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 1, 2020
I have a feeling many people are going to realise they don't need expensive gym subscriptions. In fact, I think that's going to happen in a lot of industries. I'm looking forward to following your progress.

Benjaminjhs

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 13, 2018
Norway
I have a feeling many people are going to realise they don't need expensive gym subscriptions. In fact, I think that's going to happen in a lot of industries. I'm looking forward to following your progress.

On the other hand, people might as well find out how much they appreciate the possibility they have of going to the gym. I think the gyms will be flooded.
Anyhow this is, fortunately, a just as great scenario for OP. If in an imaginary scenario everyone started to workout at gyms then we would have more / bigger gyms and he could just as well sell the product to gyms! Having a great product here is key.

Visionary96

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Oct 23, 2018
Torquay, United Kingdom
Really quick update: So ideally I would really want the product packaged myself to start with and make sure quality is fine etc. I'm taking a gamble on a supplier from Alibaba to drop ship for me and we'll see what happens. They can apply my brand's logo on the rope handles, the nylon protector, the shipping box and put a 'Thank You for Purchasing' card inside.

If all goes smoothly and it turns out to be a successful item, I'll be looking to quickly gain a lot more control of the product and get it out a lot faster to customers.

Visionary96

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Oct 23, 2018
Torquay, United Kingdom
Sample finally came from China and I'm pretty happy with it.
- Shopify store is almost complete
- Getting my mate who's in decent shape to be the model for my ad campaign.
- Writing a workout guide/ebook that comes free with every purchase. This provides instant value and more than my competitors are doing currently.

- Getting to grips with FB ads and figuring out what my budget will be.

manth0ny

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
May 27, 2020
Fort Erie
Really quick update: So ideally I would really want the product packaged myself to start with and make sure quality is fine etc. I'm taking a gamble on a supplier from Alibaba to drop ship for me and we'll see what happens. They can apply my brand's logo on the rope handles, the nylon protector, the shipping box and put a 'Thank You for Purchasing' card inside.

If all goes smoothly and it turns out to be a successful item, I'll be looking to quickly gain a lot more control of the product and get it out a lot faster to customers.

Hello,

I'm curious how your interactions went with your potential suppliers and the means you used to communicate them (I'm assuming they are overseas with Alibaba). I have a product that I want to have a company in India manufacture for me(they seem to be the only one I could find that might be able to accommodate me), but I'm not sure if there is a proper way to approach them(email, phone call etc).

Visionary96

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Oct 23, 2018
Torquay, United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm curious how your interactions went with your potential suppliers and the means you used to communicate them (I'm assuming they are overseas with Alibaba). I have a product that I want to have a company in India manufacture for me(they seem to be the only one I could find that might be able to accommodate me), but I'm not sure if there is a proper way to approach them(email, phone call etc).

Hi mate,

My experience is with Alibaba and it's actually pretty straightforward:

When you find the supplier/product you are interested in, there is an option to 'contact supplier' on the page. Now don't just write one sentence saying you casually want to buy some inventory/dropship, no you need to come across as if you are an already established company and are seeking a new supplier to increase existing sales. You act as the lead purchasing agent.

I'll copy the exact template I use and I always get a good response rate. This is a template I got from a YouTuber but it actually does the job really well. This is dropshipping focussed so if you are buying wholesale, then you will need to change the questions. This gives you the idea though of what sort of thing to put:

Hello, my name is ---- and I’m the Lead Purchasing Agent of ------

I was looking at your store and I am very interested in creating a long-term business relationship with your company.

Our store specializes --------- and I believe that we can increase our sales and grow faster by creating a long-term and beneficial working relationship with your company

Before proceeding, we have a few questions we were hoping you could answer:

1. Do you offer Blind Dropshipping - or without sending an invoice and any associated marketing materials including in or on the packaging.

1. Do you offer Bulk Dropshipping - We are too busy to place orders individually.

1. Is there an MOQ (Minimum Order Quantity) required for any of your products?

1. Are you able to send an invoice for the whole bulk dropshipping order at once on Alipay?

1. Are you able to apply my company’s logo on the products?

Our company would like to send you an Excel Spreadsheet (CSV) file with each customer’s information (full name, email, address, product, etc.) and have you process each order individually by sending each customer their appropriate product.

You would then send our company a full invoice for the whole bulk dropshipping order, which we would gladly pay via Alipay.

Please let us know if you are interested in forming this mutually beneficial, long-term business relationship with us.

Also, please add us on WhatsApp and send us a message there promptly
> +----------------

We look forward to doing fantastic business with you in the hopefully soon future.

Sincerely,
------ from --------

Oh, and I wouldn't recommend phoning them as there is already a language barrier.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.