The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Progress] Building a Content Creation and Strategy Business

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Metz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Apr 12, 2019
NW Washington
Well what is your goal here? To get more clients as soon as possible, right?

If you send emails and LinkedIn messages 7 days a week instead of 5, you'll be able to contact more people, right?

Then why would you not do that?

Depending on who your audience is, you might get a bit lower response rates on the weekends, or maybe you'll get higher. You won't know that until you start sending and tracking the reply rates for yourself.

Why do you feel like it's illegal to contact people on weekends in some places? Do you have a source for that or is it just a feeling?
Yeah, you make good points as far as speed/volume goes.

iirc it's illegal to solicit to people in some countries (mostly in Europe) and, to a degree, some states on certain days or times. For instance, I live in Washington state and it turns out that the only timeframe limit is that solicitation (to a residence or personal number) can only happen between 8am and 9pm in the receiving person's time zone (source: Chapter 19.158 RCW: COMMERCIAL TELEPHONE SOLICITATION). There are a few other compliance things like having to identify yourself as a salesperson within the first minute (already do that when I cold call and introduce myself), hanging up within 10 seconds of them declining, or not "harassing, intimidating, or tormenting" the person on the other line. You know, common sense stuff.

But it looks like I can still throw pitches through cold emailing or LinkedIn just fine so.. crisis averted.

I'm overthinking though. Thank you for pulling my head out of my a$$ hahaha I mean that.. and it's also why I post in this thread because sometimes I need that.

Miketing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
May 7, 2014
the only timeframe limit is that solicitation (to a residence or personal number) can only happen between 8am and 9pm
However, in your first post, you said:
I want to find businesses and brands
You're doing B2B sales then, not B2C, right? So you wouldn't be calling a residence or personal number anyway, would you?

But yeah, my main point isn't that you need to be constantly reaching out to people and calling them 24/7. It's that these little things aren't even worth worrying about. There is no crisis or law stopping you, you're just overthinking it.
It seems you got that point already though :)
I'm overthinking though. Thank you for pulling my head out of my a$$ hahaha I mean that.. and it's also why I post in this thread because sometimes I need that.
Happy to help if you encounter any specific problems with the outreach along the way.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.