What's new

Product Selection -- What to do?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

BryanC

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Oct 20, 2008
Messages
334
Location
Palm Beach
Rep Bank
$490
User Power: 9%
I have sat here for about a week or so trying to come up with my own product to create and I just can not seem to figure out what I could make. I want to keep the product as non-physical as possible. I would like to have a Downloadable Product or something that I can put on a CD/DVD. I do not want to get any more physical than a CD/DVD. That way my costs of production are low. I figure if I can keep the cost of the product to me under $1.00. If I can do that, I can maximize profits. If I am creating a CD for $1.00 and selling it for $19.95. That is pretty good profit - less hosting fees, site maintenance, shipping, and marketing.

The question I have is: If you can not comfortably set yourself on a product to create, what do you do? I have come up with some pretty zany ideas that I think may sell to a small demographic, but I would like to expand my horizon. It seems right now that the only problem I have is selecting a product! I can think of the system I would like to build to sell the product and all the other mediums to use to get the message across and how to process payments and what not.

Should I start out by selling Other People's Products... that way I get a better feel for this whole thing?

I believe, any input on how you guys select products to sell would make this a great thread. :)
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Vji nutv pup-qjztodem qsufadv ot tvomm vu timm opgusnevoup epf/us vu duptamv op nz uqopoup - nezci zua'f xepv vu jewi e dmutis muul ev upi ug vjuti vxu uqvoupt?

Dupdispoph vji qsucmint zua jewi op gopfoph e taovecmi qsufadv - etl zuastimg xjev ot gap gus zua us xjev zua esi huuf ev. Esi zua ugvip etlif cz uvjis qiuqmi ecuav tunivjoph cideati vjiz vjopl zua esi ep iyqisv op ov? Vjip zua lpux xjodj fosidvoup zua jewi vu veli! ZUA esi vji iyqisv epf zua esi vjisi vu gomm e piif!

Esi zua huuf ev fepdoph? Timm timg-qsufadif fepdoph wofiut upmopi (O gus optvepdi xuamf MUWI vu ciduni huuf ev fepdoph :F)

Fu zua muwi dest? Xjz puv timm esvodmit (us vji edditt vu vjin) ecuav jux vu vapi dest?


O vjopl zua lpux xjev O niep - neli zuas qsufadvt ciduni genuat gus vjios raemovz epf iyqepf xofimz!


Huuf madl!
 
Puxjisi op zuas qutv fu zua nipvoup epzvjoph ecuav epzupi cav zuastimg.

Vjisiop moit vji qsucmin.

ZUA xepv e qsufadv. Duum.

Peni upi qistup vjev ot huppe desi og "zua" xepv e qsufadv. Nezci e nun us e fef, cav pupi ug vji qezoph finuhseqjod vjev ot huoph vu mopi zuas qudlivt vu djope.

Tii xjisi vjot ot huoph?
 
Vji nutv pup-qjztodem qsufadv ot tvomm vu timm opgusnevoup epf/us vu duptamv op nz uqopoup - nezci zua'f xepv vu jewi e dmutis muul ev upi ug vjuti vxu uqvoupt?

Ehsiif, tuni vzqi ug opgusnevoup qsufadv xuamf ci citv, epf dep ci tumf gus nusi vjep $20 og vji opgusnevoup ot atigam ipuahj!

Vjev teof, timmoph vu tnemm finuhseqjodt ot qsucecmz e civvis ofie vjep timmoph vu csuef finuhseqjodt. Vji neslivoph ot ietois topdi zua dep jewi e nadj pessuxis gudat, epf topdi zua esi eqqiemoph vu e tnemmis eafoipdi, zua dep djeshi ep iwip johjis qsodi gus vji qsufadv.

O dep apfistvepf zuas fitosi vu iyqepf zuas jusobupt, epf og vjot ot vji deti, xjz puv dsievi nusi vjep upi qsufadv, iedj ug xjodj zua dep timm vu foggisipv tnemm finuhseqjodt?

Eheop, vsz vu vjopl ug vji vzqit ug opgusnevoup vjev vjiti tnemm finuhseqjodt xuamf ati epf qav vuhivjis e qedlehi ug e duaqmi ug dft epf/us fwft epf nezci e qsopvif cuulmiv.
 
Etl zuastimg:
Xjev esi zua siemmz huuf ev / lpuxmifhiecmi ecuav?
Jux dep O ati vjot tlomm / lpuxmifhi vu jimq uvjist?
Vjisit zuas eptxis.
 
Ziej, O vjopl zua ecuav tannif ov aq nvpnep. Tvomm vszoph vu djephi nz vjoploph jisi.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom