Steve0311
New Contributor
Question 1:
I understand that this questions will have many variables and is highly subjective, however, does anyone have a ballpark $ amount on how much it would cost (from concept to final product) to produce a headset type product with bluetooth and noise cancelling (including FCC and other licensing aspects)? So far, most of the product design firms i've gotten initial quotes from start at around $4k for just Industrial Design drawings. Note: I know there are products that already exist with these specific items, however, my current product concept adds a few more functions that would make this unique.
Question 2:
I'm currently self funding this project with the intent to create an Indiegogo or Kickstarter campaign so that I can go forward with the product development process. Is this a stereotypical, "which comes first, the chicken or the egg?" kind of dilemma? Should I prioritize creating a legal business, seek funding, then go forth or product development?
Overall note: I have received overall positive responses for my product concept questionnaire via SurveyMonkey (250 individuals, very broad and not specifically target; this will help narrow my target market).
Looking forward to your responses!
I understand that this questions will have many variables and is highly subjective, however, does anyone have a ballpark $ amount on how much it would cost (from concept to final product) to produce a headset type product with bluetooth and noise cancelling (including FCC and other licensing aspects)? So far, most of the product design firms i've gotten initial quotes from start at around $4k for just Industrial Design drawings. Note: I know there are products that already exist with these specific items, however, my current product concept adds a few more functions that would make this unique.
Question 2:
I'm currently self funding this project with the intent to create an Indiegogo or Kickstarter campaign so that I can go forward with the product development process. Is this a stereotypical, "which comes first, the chicken or the egg?" kind of dilemma? Should I prioritize creating a legal business, seek funding, then go forth or product development?
Overall note: I have received overall positive responses for my product concept questionnaire via SurveyMonkey (250 individuals, very broad and not specifically target; this will help narrow my target market).
Looking forward to your responses!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
