The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Problem with making a whiteboard animation.

Marketing, social media, advertising

Mr_G

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Apr 18, 2020
Hi,
I am doing a whiteboard animation for youtube.
I am using Videoscribe.
But I am having problems with making it look good. I can not find consistency in the graphic illustrations,
that is, the pictures I choose have different styles, even when I use Videoscribe's own stock images.
I import some pictures from royalty free sources, of which I cartoonize some using a free online service.

My problem is that I end up having real images with different styles mixed with cartoon images also with different styles.
It is like a potpourri where nothing is really consistent. I do not know anything about video making but it looks unprofessionally and deters from the message being conveyed.
I guess I could hire someone to draw the sketches, but it feels like I am missing something?
How does MJ makes his youtube videos? :)

Bonus question: if you take a picture and cartoonize it, will it loose its royalty and you can use it as you want?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Matt_2190

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 19, 2017
Southern Europe
Hi,
I am doing a whiteboard animation for youtube.
I am using Videoscribe.
But I am having problems with making it look good. I can not find consistency in the graphic illustrations,
that is, the pictures I choose have different styles, even when I use Videoscribe's own stock images.
I import some pictures from royalty free sources, of which I cartoonize some using a free online service.

My problem is that I end up having real images with different styles mixed with cartoon images also with different styles.
It is like a potpourri where nothing is really consistent. I do not know anything about video making but it looks unprofessionally and deters from the message being conveyed.
I guess I could hire someone to draw the sketches, but it feels like I am missing something?
How does MJ makes his youtube videos? :)

Bonus question: if you take a picture and cartoonize it, will it loose its royalty and you can use it as you want?
Try Doodly or Toonly.

They are two services for making animated videos quickly and easily.

I don't know if these are the tools MJ uses for his videos, but from a quick view the style looks pretty similar.

Mr_G

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Apr 18, 2020
Try Doodly or Toonly.

They are two services for making animated videos quickly and easily.

I don't know if these are the tools MJ uses for his videos, but from a quick view the style looks pretty similar.
Thanks!
I did look at Doodly and other softwares, they are more expensive but in the end maybe worth it.
Choosing a different software could be the answer in fact.

I really like the software he's using...so if anyone knows?
It anyone has some specific suggestion on a good software, just name drop i here :)

Matt_2190

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 19, 2017
Southern Europe
Thanks!
I did look at Doodly and other softwares, they are more expensive but in the end maybe worth it.
Choosing a different software could be the answer in fact.

I really like the software he's using...so if anyone knows?
It anyone has some specific suggestion on a good software, just name drop i here :)
Some time ago they both had an offer where you only pay once and use them for life. I don't know if it's still valid or if it was an offer for the European market only, but it might be worth a search. ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rubyarcox

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 13, 2021
I have both Doodle and To only, so that's what I'm familiar with. They are both very easy to learn and use. If you buy the cheapest version (not enterprise), you will have limited characters and can't sell your videos. You can upload your graphics to Doodly, but you have to draw the paths yourself if you want them to be animated like an actual drawing. You can upload your fonts, backgrounds, etc. There are many possibilities. Another choice would be ForgeHub - Blender Render Farm and 3D Marketplace. They could make tour animation if you are not a professional in Blender, but trust me, the result would be amazing.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.