The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Printing design on Fabric - Where to Find Print in AI or PDF Format?

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
I'm currently working with a manufacture with a design where we have to print onto the polyester material. I provided them with a JPG format but they require an AI or PDF format as that will give a more high quality print.

For example, see below link.

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/864/301/457/457301864_636.jpg

Where can I find a high resolution file of something like this in AI or PDF format? Is there a website where you can find this type of stuff?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MarkNNelson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 12, 2013
Colorado
I'm currently working with a manufacture with a design where we have to print onto the polyester material. I provided them with a JPG format but they require an AI or PDF format as that will give a more high quality print.

For example, see below link.

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/864/301/457/457301864_636.jpg

Where can I find a high resolution file of something like this in AI or PDF format? Is there a website where you can find this type of stuff?

Depending upon the size of the item, you'd probably be fine just having someone on fiverr convert the jpg file to ai. You can find online sites to do it yourself, but a lot of times they watermark the new file.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Sites like http://www.vectorstock.com should be able to provide what you're after. This search pulled up similar to what you're after https://www.vectorstock.com/royalty-free-vectors/skin-snake-vectors

Basically AI files are vector files so if you use those in your searches then you should come up with something. I'd be careful to check usage rights though. If you're going to use it for print then you're going to want to make sure you have the legal right to do so

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
@Imgal @MarkNNelson

The problem with those websites is that the print is so small, when you tile it - you will have to tile it several times to cover let's say a bag.

Are there pictures in vector format that are much larger prints so that I will only have to tile it twice to cover a bag? I suppose I would have to get a high resolution JPG picture and convert it to AI file?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MarkNNelson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 12, 2013
Colorado
@Imgal @MarkNNelson

The problem with those websites is that the print is so small, when you tile it - you will have to tile it several times to cover let's say a bag.

Are there pictures in vector format that are much larger prints so that I will only have to tile it twice to cover a bag? I suppose I would have to get a high resolution JPG picture and convert it to AI file?

Well, once it's vectorized, it's scalable. So you could theoretically cover the bag without tiling, but it would no longer look lifesized, if that makes sense. A snakeskin's only what, like 6" wide anyway? Try including the word "seamless" in your searches. At least the tiling will look better that way.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
You could try here: http://www.spoonflower.com/create

They allow more file formats (I used PNG, and JPEG), and they have various different fabrics (including polyester).

If there is a reason you need to use the company you're talking about though, that's understandable. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.