The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Pricing Feedback

Idea threads

MTBLover30

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 6, 2023
I want to know the thoughts of someone who is familiar and successful with business.

I have a product that I’m about to launch for $97. When I did testing the sales results were great. Once I began to double down on product design, I realized I can add more value at the base level. Therefore I raised the price to $197 but this $197 and increased value stack is untested. So here’s my question. Should I launch with the increased value stack at the original $97 and raise prices after it’s proven? Or launch at the $197 and be willing to drop price if sales lagg?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hard to give product pricing advice when we have no idea what the product is.

Generally speaking, you can start with a $197 price and offer discounts, promotions, and coupons and adjust as you test.

MTBLover30

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 6, 2023
Hard to give product pricing advice when we have no idea what the product is.

Generally speaking, you can start with a $197 price and offer discounts, promotions, and coupons and adjust as you test.
Thanks for the feedback MJ. This product is a productized service product. Think of it as digitizing a service that people pay a high cost one time fee for a fraction of the cost with more value and less logistical constraints. Hope that helps.

NeoDialectic

Successfully Exited the Rat Race
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
687%
Feb 11, 2022
Phoenix, az
I want to know the thoughts of someone who is familiar and successful with business.

I have a product that I’m about to launch for $97. When I did testing the sales results were great. Once I began to double down on product design, I realized I can add more value at the base level. Therefore I raised the price to $197 but this $197 and increased value stack is untested. So here’s my question. Should I launch with the increased value stack at the original $97 and raise prices after it’s proven? Or launch at the $197 and be willing to drop price if sales lagg?
Based on the very limited information you have provided, I would offer the $97 product and then when the $197 product is ready offer it as a second tier or upgrade. Don't delay going to market by spending time testing your next 300 better ideas. If something already worked, hit the gas pedal.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTBLover30

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 6, 2023
Based on the very limited information you have provided, I would offer the $97 product and then when the $197 product is ready offer it as a second tier or upgrade. Don't delay going to market by spending time testing your next 300 better ideas. If something already worked, hit the gas pedal.
Hey thanks! I am currently building it as we speak. It's funny how tedious and boring the creating of it is compared to the dreaming. It all feels like its too simple to work but I can't wait

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.