Last Sunday, Nov. 16, Target had an incredible deal on Britax carseats. Normal retail price is $279 and two styles were on sale for $42.99 and qualified for free shipping. A lot of the mother, baby, pregnancy boards that I frequent had threads letting moms know about this deal. Some people bought one, others bought several for resale purposes.
It turns out it was a pricing error and Target emailed a lot of people saying that the order would be cancelled, since the actual price should have been $279. A lot of parents are upset and I believe the attorney general in New York is looking into the matter.
http://www.whec.com/article/stories/S668882.shtml?cat=0
Some of the parents are angry because Target's customer service gave conflicting answers, some parents were offered the opportunity to buy the carseat at $199 and some parents supposedly already received the carseat at $42.99 with the free shipping.
I usually let the customer know that the item was priced incorrectly but that their credit card had not been charged and give them the option to buy it at the correct price. I'm curious how everyone else deals with significant pricing errors.
It turns out it was a pricing error and Target emailed a lot of people saying that the order would be cancelled, since the actual price should have been $279. A lot of parents are upset and I believe the attorney general in New York is looking into the matter.
http://www.whec.com/article/stories/S668882.shtml?cat=0
Some of the parents are angry because Target's customer service gave conflicting answers, some parents were offered the opportunity to buy the carseat at $199 and some parents supposedly already received the carseat at $42.99 with the free shipping.
I usually let the customer know that the item was priced incorrectly but that their credit card had not been charged and give them the option to buy it at the correct price. I'm curious how everyone else deals with significant pricing errors.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
