The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Present a website to a client

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Gabbe18

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 16, 2020
Sweden
After you have worked on a website for a client how do you usually go about presenting it to them? Do you send pictures of the website to them? Upload it on your domain and give them a link? What is your go-to method?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CoderSales

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 3, 2020
Colorado
After you have worked on a website for a client how do you usually go about presenting it to them? Do you send pictures of the website to them? Upload it on your domain and give them a link? What is your go-to method?
I have a staging domain that I would develop on then show the client during Zoom calls - afterwards share the link with them.

BUT, obviously, make sure everything is 100% first (APIs, responsiveness etc) and I'd even have someone who's never looked at the site try and poke holes in it too. Have a checklist of the WHY, as in why did they invest in a website with you in the first place (SEO, branding, lead gen etc) then have your checklist and address it during the call.

Peal

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Apr 4, 2020
Western U.S.
Staging is definitely ideal. Photos can present issues - they may not understand blocks vs pages.

With staging they can click through and test it themselves. It also helps with the wow factor. That said, I like to review it with them on a call as opposed to just sending them a link.

For larger websites, I recommend staying focused on navigation and overall design in the first presentation. I've had clients that want to read all the copy and suggest edits right away.

One thing I always say is, you're not going to hurt my feelings. Please be as honest as possible when it comes to feedback because it will save us both time and most importantly, it will meet your expectations.

Gabbe18

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 16, 2020
Sweden
One thing I always say is, you're not going to hurt my feelings. Please be as honest as possible when it comes to feedback because it will save us both time and most importantly, it will meet your expectations.
BUT, obviously, make sure everything is 100% first (APIs, responsiveness etc) and I'd even have someone who's never looked at the site try and poke holes in it too. Have a checklist of the WHY, as in why did they invest in a website with you in the first place (SEO, branding, lead gen etc) then have your checklist and address it during the call.
Thanks for the advice! I will definitely take that into consideration in the future.

Staging is definitely ideal. Photos can present issues - they may not understand blocks vs pages.

With staging they can click through and test it themselves. It also helps with the wow factor. That said, I like to review it with them on a call as opposed to just sending them a link.

For larger websites, I recommend staying focused on navigation and overall design in the first presentation. I've had clients that want to read all the copy and suggest edits right away.
I have a staging domain that I would develop on then show the client during Zoom calls - afterwards share the link with them.
What do you mean with staging/ staging domain? Do you use a program for that or is it just a normal domain where you upload the website?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
Maybe I misunderstand, but if a company is presenting a website that I paid them to create to me... it better not be the first time I've seen it.

They should have walked me through wire frames, and the initial build out, showed me functionality at certain points, and been getting input from me and my team all along the way.

This all happens in a development environment of course.

The final reveal should be so epically boring, because I know what it looks like already, obviously.
It should just be confirmation that they nailed it and it's perfect.

Anything surprising or exciting to our team at the end - means they failed on a basic level to collaborate with us to deliver what we need.

--
Even if this is a basic website for a hot dog stand, the client should know what it's going to look (and be happy about it) long before it's done.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.