The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Prepping for a new business

ryanbleau

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jun 22, 2014
Scottsdale , Az
Been a while since I've had a business running. Almost 2.5 years. In that time I started working for a tech firm out of San Jose. I got involved in the aviation industry and the Ag industry with precision controllers and autosteering. Spent a lot of time in the last year arguing in the board rooms with different departments and learning how massive international companies work and how the policies I make run the company. The next business I launch will be a practice run and an insurance policy for the much larger move I plan on making once my contract is up. I have 4 options ahead of me at the moment which require very little daily input once running with manpower.
Solar panel cleaning company
Medical supply drop shipping
Moving company
Each of these would take roughly $10k to get off the ground the right way and are quite scalable although locally.
Should be making my decision by the end of September but this time I have my wife on board 100% and drafting business models and requirements.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ru9

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Aug 13, 2019
I like the Solar panel cleaning idea. Just never occurred to me that this is something that needs to be done :rofl:

Spikeroo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Aug 17, 2011
Merritt Island, Fl
Medical supply drop shipping in my opinion is the best. Its the only on you can technically automate, and a transaction shouldn't take more than a week ( from buyer payment to receiving the products ). Also has low overhead.

Curious where you got the $10k figure to start this one up.

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
A couple things you might consider:
  • Create a simple spreadsheet list of your ideas, with columns were you can quickly rate each idea on CENTS criteria, speed to acquire customers, speed/ease to implement, realistic 12-month payoff, etc. It'll help more easily see which ideas you can ignore.
  • Consider which ideas you already have the expertise in. Yes, you can acquire expertise, but your path is shorter if you've already worked in the niche.

And a couple questions:
  • Why will it take until the end of September to decide? What--specifically--do you need before you can decide?
  • What's you next action step?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ryanbleau

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jun 22, 2014
Scottsdale , Az
September starts the harvest season. Current day job is AG based and it gets crazy starting in the next week or two. Starts dying out towards the end of September to the point i can focus on my own stuff.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 7, 2019
Been a while since I've had a business running. Almost 2.5 years. In that time I started working for a tech firm out of San Jose. I got involved in the aviation industry and the Ag industry with precision controllers and autosteering. Spent a lot of time in the last year arguing in the board rooms with different departments and learning how massive international companies work and how the policies I make run the company. The next business I launch will be a practice run and an insurance policy for the much larger move I plan on making once my contract is up. I have 4 options ahead of me at the moment which require very little daily input once running with manpower.
Solar panel cleaning company
Medical supply drop shipping
Moving company
Each of these would take roughly $10k to get off the ground the right way and are quite scalable although locally.
Should be making my decision by the end of September but this time I have my wife on board 100% and drafting business models and requirements.
If you decide to pursuit the solar panel cleaning business you should look into our accelerator Valley Ventures. Our accelerator does not take any of your companies equity and we specialize in working with energy, water, and Agtech companies. We are located in the Central Valley and can provide you with the connections needed, and curriculum to give your company the most chance for success. Check us out at our website and feel free to message me if you have any questions. Valley Ventures | Connect with world-class entrepreneurs, investors, and the very agricultural businesses you want as customers.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.