The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Pray for strength to endure.

FatTony

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jan 5, 2021
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for strength to endure a difficult one." Bruce Lee

It's one of my favorite quotes. The other one I find similar is Navy Seal's motto: "The only easy day was yesterday." I treat them both as something beyond motivational. They give you a perspective. It's harsh but true to its core.

Although it seems like one of those New Year's resolutions blog, believe me, it's not. Far from it. I committed myself to lose 21kg on September 17th. As it usually the case, life happened. I had a nice start, lost 3kg in 1.5 weeks, then I got angina, with three different acute inflammations. I lost voice with all the other goodies. In mid-November, I got covid. Even though I wasn't going out of bed, I got ill by Covid (courtesy of either wife or kid). It felt like angina on steroids, I was literally battling for my life. Not because of Covid but because of angina + being overworked + overweight + house renovation + buying car + having a startup + second kid coming up + tons of tensions with wife. I just had enough, and covid was cherry on the top. I told myself that there are way, way more entertaining ways to die than with a sore throat and unable to speak.

Something about me, I am in my 30ties, father (soon of two kids). I am fat even though I don't feel like it. I am WEAK, even though I don't feel like it, and I hate that feeling. I made commitments with three closest people for around 10 000 USD that I am going to weigh 90kg by November. If I lose, I pay. If I win, I am fit. The side bet is I am going to send them my pictures from tracking (underwear with a fat belly), and I am going to walk 24h with them with a backpack with 21kg of fat inside. Me being ill for 1.5 months made it a big challenge. What is even worse, I stress eating because of it, and I gained weight after illness.

I am writing this blog to keep myself accountable. I did it earlier with my business, and it worked great, and I've met many fantastic people because of it. Now I am desperate, and there is the only way I know how to deal with it, push through.

I don't have a plan and routine yet. Writing a blog is a start. On top of the list of things, I need to go through and plan for.

Plan:
1) Regular Blogging to keep me accountable - Not being able to erase history like from apps.
2) Tracking:
Daily: Calories intake, Weight
Weekly: Measurements, Photos, Blog
3) Diet Go for Flexible Diet (Low Carbish) if fail or too inconvenient dietary catering - still cheaper.
4) S&S Routine - Start with Swings, build your wrist and add TGU
5) Running 3+ times a week with HR bellow 135
6) Physical therapies to fix stiffness after covid.

Drawbacks:
1) It seems that my metabolism slowed down after illness, and I have to eat 300 calories less to maintain my old weight.
a) Just suck it up and test. Reverse diet after you meet your goals.

2) Teaching Kid to sleep without his mommy - Waking up 5-10 times a night and problems with falling asleep.
a) Prepare dim red light for reading and prepare a few books for cases when you can't fall asleep
b) Update GTD system to have a list of things you have to do, add mark boring to do them at night.
c) Electronic Nanny to keep doors closed.
d) Order a more comfortable mat to sleep on the floor. Once you have a better weight and less stress in your life, then you can come back hardening body.
e) Grind furniture maker to finish your wardrobe to be able to manage your nights better.
f) Improve your diet and implement running to have more energy during the day.

3) Second Kid at Feb
a) If it's going to be too hard, order catering - way cheaper than paying a fee and being fat.

4) Problems at startup
a) Finish GTD to be able to prioritize better.

5) Bussy schedule no time for preparing meals.
a) Buy minifridge to the office for a few backup meals that are sealed.
b) Prepare some meals to go and put them in a freezer. It's still going to be healthier and better, even if you eat it cold or microwaved once in a while vs ordering.

6) Wrist Pain after Covid
a) It's in pain because it's weak to do TGU you have to do daily ice bath for Wrist
b) Strength the muscles with CC exercises

7) Hour wasted to go for Physical Therapy - Uber Problems
a) Rent a car for a month and see how much does it improve.

PS. As I said earlier, I don't feel fat, even though numbers say otherwise. FatTony is a courtesy to Nasim Taleb, whose books I adore, seemed like a good nickname seeing that Pavel also likes him.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FatTony

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jan 5, 2021
#2) Teaching Kid to sleep without his mommy - Waking up 5-10 times a night and problems with falling asleep.

I bought a nice duvet, a fine sateen sheet, which improved my falling asleep big time. It made me understand one thing. With a ton of stress and in the most challenging time of my life, it's fine to go easier on some things, especially when I face a challenge where 95% fails.

When I face a challenge where I succeed once (lost 10kg and kept it off for 6-8 years) and failed 10-20 times (losing and keeping off 3-4kg) I should let some stuff go. I am going on a war where the casualty rate is enormous. Part of my commitments is after I go down to 90kg, I have to keep it off for five years. I have to perform at my best.

I am going to find a more comfortable sleeping mat rather than sleep on an exercise mat. This point is still in the process.

#6) Wrist Pain after Covid
As expected, when you feel numb pain in your wrist and big pain when it's in contact with something cold. Put it on ice water. I had problems with my wrist since I was 16-18 years old and wanted to wear a watch. Somehow after covid, everything that was weak in me popped out at the same time, but it's good. I was given a chance to work on that. I put my hands in a bucket filled with cold water and ice. It seems to work fast. It's been only three days, and I can move my wrist without numb pain.

I Will add some calisthenics exercises to the mix and, in no time, will be able to start doing TGU.

What is an excellent thing about keeping a blog is an accountability. Yesterday I failed to keep my calories. Also, I failed to track them. At one sitting, I ate four cottage cheese, two chocolates, and some other things that I probably forgot. Normally I used to click the reset button on my food journal and start all over again. Funny I know. The idea of losing even more KG was thrilling; how well I would feel after losing them. Today cut down calories to 1700, tomorrow also planning to go with only 1700.

It never stops to amaze me how much BS I was able to tell myself. I go for a run, and I have scrapes on my tights, yet I was telling myself that I am not thaaaat fat. Anyway, later this week I am going to start doing swings. Will give myself two-three weeks more with TGU because of my wrists.

Found a remarkable multi-tasking hack. Once I week I have a corporate call with Company I work with. It takes around 2-3 hours. Usually, I am speaking at the end of the call. Marketing and sales is sexier than boring technical stuff, so I can run at that time. Last week I did 1.5h run and had great fun doing it. Today I was only able to do 30min and had to go home, but still, it's a huge win. The slow pace of keeping my runs below 135 HR allows me to speak, and I am even sharper at those calls. Anyway, I need to get some sleep now.

FatTony

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jan 5, 2021

The first week over. I have collapsed twice already. We invited friends with kids so our daughter could socialize. I went running and cut calories the next day to even it out. I could be wrong with calorie counting, so I will try 2700kcal one more week. If it isn't at least 1kg per week, I'll drop down even more calories.​

I am super happy about this week when it comes to running. Two out of three times, I didn't feel like running after 10 min. Two out of three times I ended up running one hour. During 30-50 min, I enjoyed it a lot, then I stopped, but it was just ten more minutes with super slow pace.

Another small win, I had a super big urge for Pepsi while being in a convenience store and didn't buy it. I am doing the Body You Deserve program by Thony Robins, and it's very insightful. It takes a lot of time but to succeed at commitments, I have to be a different person than I am now. I simply have to become a fit person. There is no way to be on a fake diet for six years of commitments (that's why I made them that way).

I can't wait for February because I will do it for the second time, and I will be able to skip some parts and focus more on others. First time I am doing everything to the letter. I also can't wait to channel playing computer games into exercising, keeping a blog, making notes from programs and books. Habits will take a while to kicks in. With all that is going on, I allow my brain to escape into games. I feel like change will come naturally. I feel like running five days a week. I am just not able to do it now. Especially with all these scrapes from running, I even have some blisters before I figure out I should use some oil on my tights.

Anyway, some numbers:
Average.png

Abrodos

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Sep 25, 2019
Barcelona, Spain
Hi Tony and welcome to the forum!

In regards of weight loss, I've got similar goals to yours. I'm 5'7" and I have gone, from 72 kg last February, up to 83 2 weeks ago. I'm aiming for 72 again at February 2021.

Some tips that have been useful to me:

Try a very progressive approach. On the first 5-10 sessions be just walking, not running, and if you get pain on your ankles/and knees that lasts several days, just wait until it's gone.
Try maybe a 4-5 km walk the first day, then 6km the next one, then maybe go to 8 km.... And leave at least 2-3 days between sessions for your body to recover. Also stretch after each session. Very important to get a good recover and prevent injuries.
- If you live in a terrain that has elevations or hills, try to incorporate them in your route. A good uphill hike will make you burn calories and will strengthen your quads and calves without risk of damaging the joints. Alternate between uphill, flat, etc.

- Always listen to your body, especially the joints/ligaments that can take damage that might need months to heal. If this happens you'll be unable to go exercise so you want to avoid damaging yourself at all costs.
Same, a bit of muscle pain/soreness is good, but too much and you'll be unable to keep exercising. If you feel strong soreness or pain give your body a few days to heal. So summarizing, be very careful with the "no pain no gain" mindset, you can get yourself badly hurt.

-Regarding diet: Something that has worked for me has been to divide my food dish in two halves and just eat one and store the other for later. Do that for everything you eat during the day. It is a very easy and visual way of halving your calorie intake. And you also avoid having to adapt to a new diet. (I usually eat quite healthy; my only "vice"-cookies, chocolates and other sweet snacks have been removed completely).

- Something that is working for me as well is tracking my daily weight in a long grid paper (I'm using electrocardiogram paper, that comes with long rolls and divided by mm) starting by setting up a line from the weight and date I am now to the weight I want to be in the corresponding date. Then I weigh myself every day and I track it down. That way I'm able to know when I'm at risk of deviating too much or too close to the line (days that need extra exercise). I also weight myself before and after a hike, that way every small effort/victory gets reflected.

- I'm able to lose about 750-1500g in sweat for each hike, which usually take 2-3 hours (I slow down when tired, run for some metres when I recover, try to speed up the walking pace on uphills, everything at my own pace). If you drink and eat very little afterwards, the weight you lost in sweat during the exercise session consolidates onto the next day. I'm not sure this approach is the healthiest though, I have never seen it reccommended. But it works for me.

weight loss tracker.jpg

Here's my tracker!

Good luck and strength!

David :)

FatTony

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jan 5, 2021
Best of luck.

How tall are you?

Dan
196cm / 6.4"

@Abrodos
Thanks for feedback!
Regards running I have like 10 running sessions for 1h since corona so it's good. Ideally I would stretch I am super procrastinating it so going to the physical therapy guy to do the massages. Need to rent a car because uber takes too much to come back, it was too time-consuming to wait for uber 15 min, both ways.

Halving meals might be a great idea once I am at 2200ish calories. Currently I have 3 big meals with some chocolate and nuts in the meantime ;) Love the tracker, might learn to build something like that on excel, should be fun :)

FatTony

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jan 5, 2021
Let's start with some numbers as they are always least biased:
Weekly Summary.png
It's best for me to start a week on Saturday. In case something happens at weekend, I have two weeks to plan my calories vs one. Not doing any changes, still not sure about numbers. Let's just wait and see. Had to go to shop to buy smaller pants, though.

I've read that when it comes to diet, it's good to be cheerful about your good behavior rather than be strict and negative.

One day this week when I was super exhausted and still had three hours of taking care of a kid. I used to snack in those moments. I did not this time. I asked myself, are you sure that you are hungry and not tired? I knew quite well. I was tired, not hungry, so I passed on it.

Yesterday when I was taking a kid to the doctor at 11 and was late with breakfast, I knew that my running session is in jeopardized, so I took a few bites, left 4/5 of my frittata, and went for an hour run. I figured it would be easier to eat something after the doctor than go for a run.

We used to have this tradition with a kid that before her afternoon nap, I bought her gummy bears for our walk. I always use to eat those bears with her. Today I've realized it at the second bear and split it out.

Just a few small victories before the war, anyway I am preparing and going in the right direction. Speaking of which, I had to block cold turkey my games. I caught myself rationalizing that I am doing alright in all categories so I can play some computer games to let some steam off.

World alright is key here, while playing, I wasn't anywhere near good. It's the price I have to pay. I can't have it any other way. I have too addictive and too competitive nature to play games. I was going to bed at 1 AM and optimal for me would be to wake at 4 or 5 and go for run when everyone is asleep. It sucks at winter so I could do some work to be free at 9 AM for the morning run without worrying. It had to be done, I don't even have excels prepared for the whole week for tracking my behaviors to lose weight. All I did was go out for runs and keep calories. I am sure this week will be better, though ;)

Abrodos

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Sep 25, 2019
Barcelona, Spain
Good! weight is going down at a steady and regular pace, as it should be. Congrats on going from 110 to 107!

Be careful with too many specific and exact tracking., (as in dividing everything into categories or being too exact with calorie counting). As long as it helps you get the results it's good, but if it ends up taking too much of your time it can become a sort of susbstitute for actual action. I also write down everything (not just weight but how much time I spend exactly on every activity during the day, and keep track of like 15 different habits/behaviours to avoid) and I often wonder if this exhaustive tracking system is helping me or hindering.

FatTony

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jan 5, 2021
Good! weight is going down at a steady and regular pace, as it should be. Congrats on going from 110 to 107!

Be careful with too many specific and exact tracking., (as in dividing everything into categories or being too exact with calorie counting). As long as it helps you get the results it's good, but if it ends up taking too much of your time it can become a sort of susbstitute for actual action. I also write down everything (not just weight but how much time I spend exactly on every activity during the day, and keep track of like 15 different habits/behaviours to avoid) and I often wonder if this exhaustive tracking system is helping me or hindering.
Thank you. I am going to use excel more for habit tracking. I am quite liberal with counting calories. I track it but don't go too much into nuances. First, I am around 3-2.7k of calories to lose weight, so I can afford small mistakes. It won't matter that much. The second reason is I don't have too much time. The third reason is, if I am tracking something wrong but eat it constantly, it won't matter in the long term ;)

Regards Excel, it will be more like: wrist exercises, running, kettlebells, cold on the wrist, etc. It won't be too much time-consuming. Just to be aware of things that I want to implement.

FatTony

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jan 5, 2021
Extremely challenging times came. I don't expect many future changes, so I have to suck it up and remember that the only easy day was yesterday.

Wife was pushing and grinding about tons of changes. The amount of pressure she put on us was overwhelming. At some point, I had enough, and when I couldn't do anything more, I told her and stand by my word, which almost always ended up with a fight. I am just not physically able to work on a startup, wake up to kid at night, keep up with people from renovations, look for a car, rent a car and do all of the stuff. For some reason, she didn't stop, and it ended up, that she feels really bad and has anemia.

My days look very bad, only working, helping with a kid, helping with other things. She doesn't ask much now, but I see that she needs a lot of help. I have to be prepared that only time when I have free will be allocated into physical therapy, running. I need to start cooking at home, so she will eat a lot of veggies and get strength. At least that part will help me with my challenge.

Anyway, even though I am not perfect and have some bumps here and there, I am going in the right direction. Today split out a first gummy bear. Keep running, keep weighing myself, keep tracking calories; basics are done, so I should be happy. I have to be aware that this is a moment where I have to let go of less important things. Overspend on some stuff if it means that I'll save time/energy. GTD is becoming a must because when I think about a list of things to do, I feel like crying. I'll need to block computer games on all devices. It's not as easy because on my desktop, I use three different discs, and I also have a laptop.

Anyway, life is life. I have to suck it up and focus on my goals and priorities.

Abrodos

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Sep 25, 2019
Barcelona, Spain
I'll need to block computer games on all devices. It's not as easy because on my desktop, I use three different discs, and I also have a laptop.
I want to express my support in this difficult times. Hope things get better.
I'm having the very same problems but with social media, porn and mobile apps instead of games.

If the games are browser-based, block the sites (I'm using siteblock atm). And don't allow yourself for a "temporary unblock" until at least 2 weeks have passed and you're all in into the new routine.
And if they are regular pc games or apps, uninstall them. Cold turkey. And maybe I'd suggest also share this decision with your wife, so you don't have the "freedom" to fall back into it. Even go to some addiction treatment if you need it (one of the criteria for addiction is the behaviour interfering with your daily life). I'd say only allow back yourself to play again just on holiday time,or when work/housework is finished, or until things get better at home.

Think that if you "fail" in your weight loss goal because family obligations, or to take care of wife, or for personal health issues, that won't be really your failure, but more important things that got in the way. But if you fail weight loss/work/family because of gaming, you'll feel really guilty bc deep down you'll know gaming is not an excuse. And if you want to be able to succeed you can't allow yourself the weight of that guilt, that'd be like hurting your leg on purpose before a marathon.

On a side note, also be careful with prioritizing your "personal" goals (business/physical/personal development) over what you've built with your wife. Personal goals can be still worked on in more peaceful/easier times, but if your wife is not confortable with the relationship anymore and starts thinking about splitting up that'll be much harder to fix in the future, same as health.

Hope it hasn't sounded too harsh.
All the best :bicep:

KING PUSH

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 24, 2021
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for strength to endure a difficult one." Bruce Lee

It's one of my favorite quotes. The other one I find similar is Navy Seal's motto: "The only easy day was yesterday." I treat them both as something beyond motivational. They give you a perspective. It's harsh but true to its core.

Although it seems like one of those New Year's resolutions blog, believe me, it's not. Far from it. I committed myself to lose 21kg on September 17th. As it usually the case, life happened. I had a nice start, lost 3kg in 1.5 weeks, then I got angina, with three different acute inflammations. I lost voice with all the other goodies. In mid-November, I got covid. Even though I wasn't going out of bed, I got ill by Covid (courtesy of either wife or kid). It felt like angina on steroids, I was literally battling for my life. Not because of Covid but because of angina + being overworked + overweight + house renovation + buying car + having a startup + second kid coming up + tons of tensions with wife. I just had enough, and covid was cherry on the top. I told myself that there are way, way more entertaining ways to die than with a sore throat and unable to speak.

Something about me, I am in my 30ties, father (soon of two kids). I am fat even though I don't feel like it. I am WEAK, even though I don't feel like it, and I hate that feeling. I made commitments with three closest people for around 10 000 USD that I am going to weigh 90kg by November. If I lose, I pay. If I win, I am fit. The side bet is I am going to send them my pictures from tracking (underwear with a fat belly), and I am going to walk 24h with them with a backpack with 21kg of fat inside. Me being ill for 1.5 months made it a big challenge. What is even worse, I stress eating because of it, and I gained weight after illness.

I am writing this blog to keep myself accountable. I did it earlier with my business, and it worked great, and I've met many fantastic people because of it. Now I am desperate, and there is the only way I know how to deal with it, push through.

I don't have a plan and routine yet. Writing a blog is a start. On top of the list of things, I need to go through and plan for.

Plan:
1) Regular Blogging to keep me accountable - Not being able to erase history like from apps.
2) Tracking:
Daily: Calories intake, Weight
Weekly: Measurements, Photos, Blog
3) Diet Go for Flexible Diet (Low Carbish) if fail or too inconvenient dietary catering - still cheaper.
4) S&S Routine - Start with Swings, build your wrist and add TGU
5) Running 3+ times a week with HR bellow 135
6) Physical therapies to fix stiffness after covid.

Drawbacks:
1) It seems that my metabolism slowed down after illness, and I have to eat 300 calories less to maintain my old weight.
a) Just suck it up and test. Reverse diet after you meet your goals.

2) Teaching Kid to sleep without his mommy - Waking up 5-10 times a night and problems with falling asleep.
a) Prepare dim red light for reading and prepare a few books for cases when you can't fall asleep
b) Update GTD system to have a list of things you have to do, add mark boring to do them at night.
c) Electronic Nanny to keep doors closed.
d) Order a more comfortable mat to sleep on the floor. Once you have a better weight and less stress in your life, then you can come back hardening body.
e) Grind furniture maker to finish your wardrobe to be able to manage your nights better.
f) Improve your diet and implement running to have more energy during the day.

3) Second Kid at Feb
a) If it's going to be too hard, order catering - way cheaper than paying a fee and being fat.

4) Problems at startup
a) Finish GTD to be able to prioritize better.

5) Bussy schedule no time for preparing meals.
a) Buy minifridge to the office for a few backup meals that are sealed.
b) Prepare some meals to go and put them in a freezer. It's still going to be healthier and better, even if you eat it cold or microwaved once in a while vs ordering.

6) Wrist Pain after Covid
a) It's in pain because it's weak to do TGU you have to do daily ice bath for Wrist
b) Strength the muscles with CC exercises

7) Hour wasted to go for Physical Therapy - Uber Problems
a) Rent a car for a month and see how much does it improve.

PS. As I said earlier, I don't feel fat, even though numbers say otherwise. FatTony is a courtesy to Nasim Taleb, whose books I adore, seemed like a good nickname seeing that Pavel also likes him.
Bro

1st off Great day to you. Whats your name? I'm Craig

2nd Im new on this forum I just joined today

3rd We have some things in common mannn... I'm 36yrs, Entrepreneur, have baby #2 coming in May, had some tension with my girlfriend she said she was un happy, Ever since the 1st baby (2.5yrs ago) I picked up 20lbs in my gut. Things can be tough, things will be tought however FOCUS!!! U determine how u respond to what happens. U got this man. I'm 8lbs down starting 20days ago, My girls happier now and the baby #2 well, lets say Im totaly excited and my 1st BOY!!!! Trust yourself, KEEP PUSHIN.

P.S. The Bruce Lee Quote is awesome, we happen to share the same birthday lol

GET WELL SOON BROTHER,
Craig

KING PUSH

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 24, 2021
Extremely challenging times came. I don't expect many future changes, so I have to suck it up and remember that the only easy day was yesterday.

Wife was pushing and grinding about tons of changes. The amount of pressure she put on us was overwhelming. At some point, I had enough, and when I couldn't do anything more, I told her and stand by my word, which almost always ended up with a fight. I am just not physically able to work on a startup, wake up to kid at night, keep up with people from renovations, look for a car, rent a car and do all of the stuff. For some reason, she didn't stop, and it ended up, that she feels really bad and has anemia.

My days look very bad, only working, helping with a kid, helping with other things. She doesn't ask much now, but I see that she needs a lot of help. I have to be prepared that only time when I have free will be allocated into physical therapy, running. I need to start cooking at home, so she will eat a lot of veggies and get strength. At least that part will help me with my challenge.

Anyway, even though I am not perfect and have some bumps here and there, I am going in the right direction. Today split out a first gummy bear. Keep running, keep weighing myself, keep tracking calories; basics are done, so I should be happy. I have to be aware that this is a moment where I have to let go of less important things. Overspend on some stuff if it means that I'll save time/energy. GTD is becoming a must because when I think about a list of things to do, I feel like crying. I'll need to block computer games on all devices. It's not as easy because on my desktop, I use three different discs, and I also have a laptop.

Anyway, life is life. I have to suck it up and focus on my goals and priorities
U GOT THIS

KING PUSH

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 24, 2021
Let's start with some numbers as they are always least biased:
View attachment 36414
It's best for me to start a week on Saturday. In case something happens at weekend, I have two weeks to plan my calories vs one. Not doing any changes, still not sure about numbers. Let's just wait and see. Had to go to shop to buy smaller pants, though.

I've read that when it comes to diet, it's good to be cheerful about your good behavior rather than be strict and negative.

One day this week when I was super exhausted and still had three hours of taking care of a kid. I used to snack in those moments. I did not this time. I asked myself, are you sure that you are hungry and not tired? I knew quite well. I was tired, not hungry, so I passed on it.

Yesterday when I was taking a kid to the doctor at 11 and was late with breakfast, I knew that my running session is in jeopardized, so I took a few bites, left 4/5 of my frittata, and went for an hour run. I figured it would be easier to eat something after the doctor than go for a run.

We used to have this tradition with a kid that before her afternoon nap, I bought her gummy bears for our walk. I always use to eat those bears with her. Today I've realized it at the second bear and split it out.

Just a few small victories before the war, anyway I am preparing and going in the right direction. Speaking of which, I had to block cold turkey my games. I caught myself rationalizing that I am doing alright in all categories so I can play some computer games to let some steam off.

World alright is key here, while playing, I wasn't anywhere near good. It's the price I have to pay. I can't have it any other way. I have too addictive and too competitive nature to play games. I was going to bed at 1 AM and optimal for me would be to wake at 4 or 5 and go for run when everyone is asleep. It sucks at winter so I could do some work to be free at 9 AM for the morning run without worrying. It had to be done, I don't even have excels prepared for the whole week for tracking my behaviors to lose weight. All I did was go out for runs and keep calories. I am sure this week will be better, though ;)
Steps my friends. Do u know what the main problem is with everything your facing
?

FatTony

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jan 5, 2021
I want to express my support in this difficult times. Hope things get better.
I'm having the very same problems but with social media, porn and mobile apps instead of games.

If the games are browser-based, block the sites (I'm using siteblock atm). And don't allow yourself for a "temporary unblock" until at least 2 weeks have passed and you're all in into the new routine.
And if they are regular pc games or apps, uninstall them. Cold turkey. And maybe I'd suggest also share this decision with your wife, so you don't have the "freedom" to fall back into it. Even go to some addiction treatment if you need it (one of the criteria for addiction is the behaviour interfering with your daily life). I'd say only allow back yourself to play again just on holiday time,or when work/housework is finished, or until things get better at home.

Think that if you "fail" in your weight loss goal because family obligations, or to take care of wife, or for personal health issues, that won't be really your failure, but more important things that got in the way. But if you fail weight loss/work/family because of gaming, you'll feel really guilty bc deep down you'll know gaming is not an excuse. And if you want to be able to succeed you can't allow yourself the weight of that guilt, that'd be like hurting your leg on purpose before a marathon.

On a side note, also be careful with prioritizing your "personal" goals (business/physical/personal development) over what you've built with your wife. Personal goals can be still worked on in more peaceful/easier times, but if your wife is not confortable with the relationship anymore and starts thinking about splitting up that'll be much harder to fix in the future, same as health.

Hope it hasn't sounded too harsh.
All the best :bicep:
Thanks for your support. You weren't harsh. You inspired me to block games, where I am at my weakest, and when it impacts me most. Porn is a huge thing. I remember I had problems at my 16-24 with watching it six times a day. Not only it took a lot of time, but it was also super energy-consuming. When I decreased it to just 1-2 a day, I was shocked at how much more energy I had.

Regards time spend with a wife. At some point, we got lost with a new scenario with a kid. Before, it was fantastic for five years. At some point, it was just better to focus on me. I've done soo many different things, for so long, each of them didn't seem to work, no matter how much time I put, it was still demand for more and more. Focusing on me was healthier for both our sake. Now it's a different story because she's at her weakest with a new kid, so I am spending a lot of time with her. After 2nd kid, we will see how she will behave. Regardless me being in better shape is important to her. She used to spend a lot of time with sportsmen, so she has different standards, to the point she was very offended when many women were attracted to me when we were living in Mexico Caribbean, and I had a belly and was/am overweight :D

FatTony

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jan 5, 2021
Bro

1st off Great day to you. Whats your name? I'm Craig

2nd Im new on this forum I just joined today

3rd We have some things in common mannn... I'm 36yrs, Entrepreneur, have baby #2 coming in May, had some tension with my girlfriend she said she was un happy, Ever since the 1st baby (2.5yrs ago) I picked up 20lbs in my gut. Things can be tough, things will be tought however FOCUS!!! U determine how u respond to what happens. U got this man. I'm 8lbs down starting 20days ago, My girls happier now and the baby #2 well, lets say Im totaly excited and my 1st BOY!!!! Trust yourself, KEEP PUSHIN.

P.S. The Bruce Lee Quote is awesome, we happen to share the same birthday lol

GET WELL SOON BROTHER,
Craig
Hello Craig,
Thanks for choosing my blog for one of your first posts! Same thing here. It will also be the first boy :)

FatTony

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jan 5, 2021
Lately, it's been very, very tough. On "good" days (good time-wise), I have till 9:30 to 15:30 to take care of: business, health, renovation/home stuff, diet. On "bad" days, even less, and we add helping wife (not that it's a bad time, I am just talking time-wise). Usually, I have some free time around 8:30 pm. As you can imagine, it's a constant fight with exhaustion / beyond the point of exhaustion.

I really hate how I am eating lately, and I hate how I "progress." Today I had a terrible binge. I just lost control and ate a ton of bad things. Saying that when I think about it making little progress at worsts times (the only easy day was yesterday, oh boy... ;) is excellent in the long run. When at worst you make slight progress, it keeps your goals in a semi-straight line.
What I don't like is I started to eat cookies, candies, drink coke zero rather than eating well. Saying that if it doesn't improve this week, starting tomorrow, I am going to order dietary catering. Way cheaper than losing a beat and also way healthier.

I battled one of my weaknesses. At least I think I did, still thinking about it. It was super hard because I was cheated on the Microsoft Office subscription. Someone sold me six months, and the price was 12 months. I would fight till the nail because I feel cheated. I have to let it go. Fighting for it would be too energy-draining, and I don't have time nor energy for it. Have to stick to my goals, and it's a big win here. I don't recall when I let it go when someone cheated on me.

Was inspired by one replay to my blog, checked how much time I wasted on computer games, and restricted the most vulnerable time frame: 8 pm-10 am. Also, full block on a game I play without her. New games aren't as entertaining as games I used to play ten years ago. It won't interfere with my sleep or lack of sleep while allowing me to play some with my wife if she feels like it. That front works quite well. Kind of funny that when I set up blocks for games kid had different plan for my sleep at that day and two day latter.
1.jpg

2.jpg

Anyway some numbers:

3.png

While doing the fat lose bet, I am playing some with excel to learn it better. Found option to forecast based on current data. It's motivating that even though I had a bad performance, it still puts me between 103.3 and 104.1 where 103.75 is the most common outcome. Let's beat the odds, shall we?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.