• The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 48 hours.

Practice project trying to learn video editing. My first video. I liked the results.

ChrisV

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Trying to expand my reach wit YouTube so I’ve been trying my hand at video editing, so I finally cracked open Final Cut. I’m happy with the results.. at least for a practice project.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42xxMHeU7fY

But I’ll take whatever compliments or criticism. Pretend like this were a real project and I were really going to publish this. Since the goal is to publish video, all compliments or criticism is welcome. I don’t like the title and I got lazy in choosing a font. Normally I would have designed something.

Last edited:

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Speedway Pass
very nice!

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
The beginning was a waste of opportunity. Sky shots can be used as a breakaway, but not for an ongoing scene.

However, the second half was very well done.

Could have had a stunning ending that would have been thought provoking, instead of just stopping.

Definitely liked the message!

ChrisV

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
The beginning was a waste of opportunity. Sky shots can be used as a breakaway, but not for an ongoing scene.

Could have had a stunning ending that would have been thought provoking, instead of just stopping.

Yea, i kinda felt like it needed a finale too, but I ran out of music and got tired of messing
with it lol. This is the original.

I’ll ruminate on the cloud thing. Thanks.

I should have also leveled out the volume 2/3rds in as the background music starts overtaking the voice.

Minor stuff.

very nice!
Thanks!

ChrisV

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass

I fixed the end based on your input:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0Zr-HGT4RQ

Also made another:

Incredible Jordan Peterson Speech on the True Purpose of University Education.