The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Possible App

Zaq123

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 13, 2019
Is there any chance this Fourm can become an application on apple/android store? I feel like it would be great to have this fourm as an app & it'd be great to have both worlds( website & app ).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Is there any chance this Fourm can become an application on apple/android store?

I could only wish. Xenforo platform users have been asking for this for years.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles

Zaq123

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 13, 2019
@MJ DeMarco , why only wish? Is it time, money, or constraint circumstances that prevent this? Im fairly new, if this question has already been answered please direct me to the fourm page.

Thanks,
Zaq

meanjournalist

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Dec 10, 2019
@MJ DeMarco , why only wish? Is it time, money, or constraint circumstances that prevent this? Im fairly new, if this question has already been answered please direct me to the fourm page.

Thanks,
Zaq

Long story short, Xenforo is a great software with lots of good security, but they are lacking when it comes to a lot of features their users want. The ability to turn the forum/software into a usable mobile app is one of them.

You used to could do it through Tapatalk, which is yet another, middle man deal that literally makes money off a website's traffic for "free". I think even that ability has been mostly removed now.

GonnaBe2020

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Dec 4, 2019
You used to could do it through Tapatalk, which is yet another, middle man deal that literally makes money off a website's traffic for "free". I think even that ability has been mostly removed now.
I use Tapatalk for a couple other forums and I don't have to pay anything. But those are kinda more "basic" forums compared to this one, I'm not sure how/if all of the current functionalities of this one would immediately be available through Tapatalk.

Regarding cost, this is from their FAQ:

"How Much Does Tapatalk Cost?

Both Tapatalk Mobile and Tapatalk Groups are free. For Tapatalk Mobile, there is no obligation to remain on the service or to display ads. We also offer a Branded App Program starting at just $10/month (Apple developer account $99/yr and Google developer account $25/yr need to be purchased by forum owner for App distribution). For Tapatalk Groups, we charge a fee to remove advertisment and branded, also starting at only $10/month. "

meanjournalist

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Dec 10, 2019
I use Tapatalk for a couple other forums and I don't have to pay anything. But those are kinda more "basic" forums compared to this one, I'm not sure how/if all of the current functionalities of this one would immediately be available through Tapatalk.

Regarding cost, this is from their FAQ:

"How Much Does Tapatalk Cost?

Both Tapatalk Mobile and Tapatalk Groups are free. For Tapatalk Mobile, there is no obligation to remain on the service or to display ads. We also offer a Branded App Program starting at just $10/month (Apple developer account $99/yr and Google developer account $25/yr need to be purchased by forum owner for App distribution). For Tapatalk Groups, we charge a fee to remove advertisment and branded, also starting at only $10/month. "

Last I messed around with the Tapatalk plugin on a forum, they inserted their own ads into your forum to make them a good chunk of cash for the right to use their "platform".

As the end user on their phone, it's fine... and I was not aware they still offered branded apps.

I have a large forum with the tapa plugin, and it works for some users who just couldn't live without it.. but I stuck with the default theme for 2.0 to have a good mobile experience just going to the main page these days.

Apps are great for "getting found" on the app store though. As long as you can sell them on installing it with a catchy icon and a nice tagline, it can definitely help grow your member base.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Last I messed around with the Tapatalk plugin on a forum, they inserted their own ads into your forum to make them a good chunk of cash for the right to use their "platform".

Yea, Tapatalk is a shitshow insofar as how they handle data and wrestle control away from the forum owner.

Been there done that.

Never again.

meanjournalist

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Dec 10, 2019
Yea, Tapatalk is a shitshow insofar as how they handle data and wrestle control away from the forum owner.

Been there done that.

Never again.

I have a large forum on Xenforo currently and I'm starting to wish I never went that direction. It's not that the software is bad, or that it isn't secure.. but it's lacking so much. The type of forum I use, I have a small subset of users that are loyal, but demand to have Tapatalk installed.

Xenforo started to come around in 2.0 so far, but it's still far from what it should be with it's costs and to be honest, it's template engine and unfriendly ease of use. Most features that should be included with the not so cheap license are being made by their community and sold, sometimes with yearly subscriptions.

Basically, we should not have to have Tapatalk as our only option without spending a lot of time and money on making our own app setup.

LexicMedia

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Apr 8, 2019

I could only wish. Xenforo platform users have been asking for this for years.

I guess having an App for Fastlane Forum will be great.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
Not sure about what's the current state of art for forums tools, but some comments above sound like a good opportunity to create a killer tool that blows the rest away?

SeanLewis

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 7, 2019
Sweden

Honestly just adding the website to my home screen works great. The only thing i'm missing is notifications and that might actually be a good thing..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.