The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Popeyes Sandwich: Amazing Product, Marketing, or a Bit of Both?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Definitely a hefty marketing campaign behind the "virality", probably months in the making beforehand.

Reminds me of Dollar Shave Club's viral video, though DSC is on a smaller scale. No, DSC didn't just upload their video and it went viral overnight. And while the video looks homemade, it was done by a pro ad agency. Weeks before they posted that on YouTube, they made a lot of arrangements to get the the major press to publish the news on X day Y time, then timed the video upload to FB nicely. Don't ask me how, but INSIDERS connections is what it is. Major whales involved.

Once the readers of these major press saw the article, they visit the link on YouTube, all at the same period. YouTube algorithm detects it's "trending" and further push it out to more eyeballs and it snowballed from there.

foodiepersecond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 2, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia
Definitely a hefty marketing campaign behind the "virality", probably months in the making beforehand.

Reminds me of Dollar Shave Club's viral video, though DSC is on a smaller scale. No, DSC didn't just upload their video and it went viral overnight. And while the video looks homemade, it was done by a pro ad agency. Weeks before they posted that on YouTube, they made a lot of arrangements to get the the major press to publish the news on X day Y time, then timed the video upload to FB nicely. Don't ask me how, but INSIDERS connections is what it is. Major whales involved.

Once the readers of these major press saw the article, they visit the link on YouTube, all at the same period. YouTube algorithm detects it's "trending" and further push it out to more eyeballs and it snowballed from there.
I believe the owner took classes in improv comedy and had the help of his good friend who created the hit show Broad City.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.