The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Please tell us about your ride(s)...

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
I thought it would be appropriate to have car brag thread. So tell us about your ride.

Mine is a 1953 Chevy Pickup. It use to be my grandfathers old service truck for a Conoco station he owned. Bought it off him for $1. I had watched this truck rot in a storage yard for years and knew it had to be mine one day. Its not exactly original anymore. The whole fuel tank inside the cab didn't appeal to me to much. Everything on it is still Chevy though. The window and hood had been smashed from 6 inch hail back in '86. My grandfather fancied himself a welder and the front grill shows it. (An old soup handle was used on part of it). Lots of other fun tidbits. The truck now gets the garage and Sunday drives. Not a bad retirement for an old work hound of a truck.

oldtruck.jpg

Truck.jpg

Can't wait to see others, MJ, nomadjanet etc etc. Hope to get the story behind them as well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Rides, past and present

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Sorry guys. My current cars aren't much. A Jetta and a GMC Truck. Now here are some of the past cars I have owned or built.
581b-1.jpg
1974 Maverick built for my nephew.
89a.jpg
10 sec. street Malibu I used to drive to my job.
1.jpg
My vette, when totaled gave me the $$$ to start investing in RE.
jrdrag.jpg
Jr. Dragster I built for my kid.
Chevy.jpg

File0415.jpg

nova1.jpg
Several Novas I built for customers.
File0431.jpg
Mopar I did a lot of fabrication work on.

I have already spent many years restoring muscle cars and drag racing cars. That's how I got my name, wanna Runum? I always thought I could make a future at it. The bottom line is that I would build a business to the point of needing employees. Then I couldn't trust anyone to do the job like I wanted them to do. So I over scheduled and overworked myself to make deadlines. I eventually realized I was beating myself to death and turned in a different direction. Maybe one day I will own a Lambo, Ferrari, or Viper. Right now, though, that's not my goal. Good luck to all.:cheers:

nomadjanet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 28, 2007
TX
We have lots of vehicles but the car that's my avitar is a
57 Nomad with a strocker engine not exactly original more of a hot rod.
It's fun to drive & fun to ride in.
I'm not a car person really, my DH like the old american made classic cars & has lots, I don't really know what they are & I just drive dependable cars.
My beach buggy is a 94 Saturn SC2 cause it's plastic & the salt air does not eat it up :)
My daily driver belongs to the plumbing company it is a PT Cruiser, not exactly a cool car:rofl:
We also have a Ford F150 cause you need a pickup where we live.

MrDoctor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 13, 2007
Mine:

1997 Porsche 911 (993) Carrera 4S (all wheel drive). Somewhat modified for track use/street (I am a Porsche Club of America high performance driving instructor).

Dude, that is awesome :notworthy:! I have been looking for a 993. The prices have taken off!

As for me. I drive a 1995 Lexus SC300 coupe. Fun, sporty, dependable, and fully depreciated. Well, maybe not FULLY depreciated, lol. I know I won't lose much though. I actually bought the car for 9k from a desperate seller, when bluebook value is 10.5k, and that is not considering the rareness of the car (it is a 5 speed manual.)

I love my car!

EasyMoney_in_NC

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 9, 2007
Wilmington NC
Thanks man :smx9:

I used to live is San Jose! Thats where I grew up (a relative term :D )

I have a friend in Los Altos Hills that has one of those Lexus). You need to find yourself a Twin Turbo Supra for a donor motor! Thats what he's looking put in his, apparently not a hard swap and would make a NASTY sleeper :icon_super:

There are a bunch of 993's in your area for sale. Come over to (if you aren't already) to Rennlist.com. Its an amazing site, and the 993 board is ALIVE! Tons of guys in the area, real active and everyone looks out for each other. BTW ask me about the custom stainless exhaust I and a friend build for the 993's. There's some guys in the SF bay area that have my parts you could listen to.

MrDoctor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 13, 2007
Thanks man :smx9:

I used to live is San Jose! Thats where I grew up (a relative term :D )

I have a friend in Los Altos Hills that has one of those Lexus). You need to find yourself a Twin Turbo Supra for a donor motor! Thats what he's looking put in his, apparently not a hard swap and would make a NASTY sleeper :icon_super:

There are a bunch of 993's in your area for sale. Come over to (if you aren't already) to Rennlist.com. Its an amazing site, and the 993 board is ALIVE! Tons of guys in the area, real active and everyone looks out for each other. BTW ask me about the custom stainless exhaust I and a friend build for the 993's. There's some guys in the SF bay area that have my parts you could listen to.

Why is it that I run into so many people online whom have moved AWAY from San Jose :smxB:?

I love my SC300. I can get Supra power with just a turbo kit. There is no difference between the GE and GTE engine really.

If you are ever in the Bay Area let me know!

EasyMoney_in_NC

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 9, 2007
Wilmington NC
One word E...X...P...E....N....S....I....V....E !!!

I moved 15 years ago, and although I miss it every day, I couldn't afford to live there. And sure as hell couldn't do what I've done here....there. We visit the area somewhat often, although we just had a newborn 5 months ago, so this year may be out :(
I was down off Bernal ave/ Santa Teresa Blvd. just before getting into the no mans land between there and Morgan Hill, which is where my wife is from. Where are you?

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
2004 Imola Red BMW M3- 6 Speed

5xrs3zl.jpg

4utq92h.jpg

4tpwz8w.jpg

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
Haha, I go to school at UNCW :)

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
Nice, you need to bring your porsche on campus :)

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
Ok man if you are over there I have classes on/off just email me at tcruz04@gmail.com I will get it on my blackberry.

Ill have my M3 :)

MrDoctor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 13, 2007
One word E...X...P...E....N....S....I....V....E !!!

I moved 15 years ago, and although I miss it every day, I couldn't afford to live there. And sure as hell couldn't do what I've done here....there. We visit the area somewhat often, although we just had a newborn 5 months ago, so this year may be out :(
I was down off Bernal ave/ Santa Teresa Blvd. just before getting into the no mans land between there and Morgan Hill, which is where my wife is from. Where are you?

I agree, The bay area is extremely expensive! I know if I get a job offer for 90k in the Bay Area compared to a 90K job offer in N.C, I sure as heck don't be accepting the job offer in the Bay Area, lol. That is is broad statement however, because the decision would be based on the company's fundamentals. Anyway, you get my drift....

I live in "willow glen," are you familiar with the area? It's right off of Meridian Avenue/Hamilton Avenue/Almaden Expressway.

I have a couple of friends who live off of Bernal/Santa Teresa. Morgan Hill got extremely expensive as of recent also. I can't believe how astronomical the prices have become! My God...

Congratulations on the new baby! My Dad is a huge Porsche fan so if you are even in the Bay Area, again, we need to get a Porsche drive together :). Maybe you can give me some lessons...

MrDoctor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 13, 2007
Hey MrDoctor,

My fiancee and I just moved from Willow Glen a couple months ago (Lincoln ave and Hamilton)...we're right behind Santana Row now.

We were both at eBay for a long time (about a mile from you), and she still is.

Small world...

Jason

Right on :hurray:.

An "acquaintance" of mine works for eBay :smxF:.

Please don't tell me you went to Google Jason :eusa_naughty:.

I tell you, it is a very small world when you start to network with people. I have started random conversations with complete strangers only to find out that we were connected in someway. MJ, I love this board :thumbsup:!

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Below is an ironic video: This is not me driving, but this is my friend's NSX when we were at Road America. 2 years later, the new owner of my ex-NSX crashed in the same way on the same turn. Ironically, this happened about 1 month after I asked him if he wanted to sell it back to me. They really do ride like they are on rails, but you'd never believe it cause we always total ours. lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axp_g049Cxw"]YouTube - NSX crash at Road America[/ame]

:smxD:

117_1726sm.jpg

Here are some pics of my old NSX when I had it. The first one is from Chicago Motor Speedway. The next 2 are from the Chicago skyline.

EasyMoney_in_NC

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 9, 2007
Wilmington NC
I agree, The bay area is extremely expensive! I know if I get a job offer for 90k in the Bay Area compared to a 90K job offer in N.C, I sure as heck don't be accepting the job offer in the Bay Area, lol. That is is broad statement however, because the decision would be based on the company's fundamentals. Anyway, you get my drift....

I live in "willow glen," are you familiar with the area? It's right off of Meridian Avenue/Hamilton Avenue/Almaden Expressway.

I have a couple of friends who live off of Bernal/Santa Teresa. Morgan Hill got extremely expensive as of recent also. I can't believe how astronomical the prices have become! My God...

Congratulations on the new baby! My Dad is a huge Porsche fan so if you are even in the Bay Area, again, we need to get a Porsche drive together :). Maybe you can give me some lessons...

Well if you had worked for GE, then you'd probably be my neighbor :D When they shut down the plant at......Tully was it or Capital Expressway, they moved 300 families here. 90K and you'd live very well here. I know 90k there and you still have to sleep in the car :D
I was one light south of Bernal at Chantilly and Alder Spring....know it? I know Willow Glen, used to love the old bungalow still houses, all the different styles of architecture. I think M.H. got stupid because everyone figured out you could commute to SJ for work yet be out of the Silicon Valley fray.
One of my many hats is a PCA (Porsche Club o Amercia) high performance driving instructor, so be happy to go for a ride :driving:

M-M

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 27, 2007
NC
Ok man if you are over there I have classes on/off just email me at tcruz04@gmail.com I will get it on my blackberry.

Ill have my M3 :)

We three need to get together sometime. Apto, I might have some business for you anyway. :smxB:

EasyMoney_in_NC

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 9, 2007
Wilmington NC
We three need to get together sometime. Apto, I might have some business for you anyway. :smxB:

Where are you?
May not be my business, but what business do you have to offer? :)

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina

I am in Wilmington, NC. I am free most weekends, if I can find some time between hosting support and classes ;-) Let me know what you are thinking, just got two BRAND NEW QUAD CORES, christ they are amazing.

M-M

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 27, 2007
NC
Where are you?
May not be my business, but what business do you have to offer? :)
Might need hosting/designing.
I am in Whiteville and will be in town tomorrow. It would be nice to talk in person with other like-minded people. There's nothing around where I live.

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
Ok, well my name is Tom. I should be available in the after noon. I will PM'ed you my phone number.

Tom
www.aptohosting.com

mach9

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 30, 2007
In the daytime, I drive a worn out '01 Ford Ranger. On the weekends though, this is my baby. I'm proud of my little steed 'cause I did it all myself. The chassis, engine, trans, and rearend. Even painted it myself. Has run a best of 6.489 @ 104 mph in the eighth mile. On PUMP gas. :) Before I parked it over a month ago, it made 19 consecutive runs between 6.71 and 6.74. And just when I felt like it was really right, I had to park it. And that is why I am here. Racing wasn't any fun when I was constantly having to worry about where next weeks entry fee was coming from. Knowing that if I didn't win money this week, I probably wasn't racing next week. I have vowed that I won't sit down in it again until I can do it without ANY concern as to how much it costs me or whether or not I win any money with it.
Although I'm no smarter than the next guy, that car reminds me that when I really put my mind to something, I can do it. Now, my challenge is to become wealthy. It has now become more important to me to know that I can AFFORD to race, than it is to actually race. If that makes any sense. The most important thing to me now is to get away from this job that I absolutely hate......and not have to find another job that I'll end hating just as much in a year or two. I want to be financially free. That is my new challenge. Thanks for listening. MJ

MrDoctor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 13, 2007
Nope, not Google (have a lot of friends there, but I wouldn't even consider it).

Actually went to a startup that six months later got acquired by Microsoft. So, now I'm back at Microsoft where I started 10 years ago...

Of course, I'm not sure if you consider that better than Google (a lot of people here in the Valley aren't big Microsoft fans)... :)

Good job. I dislike Google and hail Microsoft :eusa_clap:.

Everyone I know of is getting job offers from Google. It is a great company no doubt, but the employees are questionable. I'll tell ya, some valley people are of a different breed of human :).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.