The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Sell-Me Saturday is Now Live!

Have something to sell? Like to post a video from your YouTube channel? Want to promote your design service? Recommend a company? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote whatever you'd like within the realm of entrepreneurship on one central thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

please give me advice on a book

Fabiopassamano96

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Jun 2, 2019
Nocera Inferiore, Italy
I have the book "the miracle morning" by hal elrod in my amazon cart and I'm thinking of buying it. Can you give me your opinion on this book? do you think it can really help me change and improve? Thanks in advance 26654

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Good book. Simple premise.

Wake up an hour earlier than you usually do.
  1. Meditate
  2. Say affirmations
  3. Do visualizations
  4. Exercise
  5. Read helpful nonfiction
  6. Journal

Neng Her

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 30, 2018
Sacramento, ca
Heres what I do before buying a book.
1) Download the sample.
2) At the end of any sample I’ll know if I want to buy it or not.
3) I purchased books that I stopped reading due to various reasons but I’m not scared to do so just because I spent money. (For ex. Crushing It by Gary Vee)

Also there may maybe a few days per year where another person may want to give you gift(s). I give them a list of books to choose from.

WarWizard

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 22, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
@Fabiopassamano96 - I read the book a few years ago, and it is a good book. Very useful process to have a consistent morning ritual.

Hal has done a podcast where he summarises the whole idea, and also has a 6 minute 'lite' version for those who are starting out with the process and/or struggling for time.

The other thing you can do is, go to one of the popular book summary websites and read the summary of the book, and then buy it if you found it beneficial.

Rabby

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I thought it was so-so. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but it seems like the whole book can be summarized in a page. One caveat I would add is this... do not let this method interfere with your sleep. Sleeping 8+ hours per day is one of the most important things you can do. It changes everything.

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I thought it was so-so. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but it seems like the whole book can be summarized in a page. One caveat I would add is this... do not let this method interfere with your sleep. Sleeping 8+ hours per day is one of the most important things you can do. It changes everything.
Great point @Rabby!

In the book Elrod talks about sleep as if it's a luxury instead of a need. He tries to make it seem as if it's a mindset thing.

Elrod has since relented and admits publicly that most people need at least 7 hours of sleep. But, he hasn't removed it from the book.

It's sad too, because he self-publishes. So, it wouldn't take long to rewrite or remove that section.

It is true that some people don't need much sleep. Elon Musk seems to be one of them. But, they are anomalies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom