The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Planking... On 2 Million...

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
I hate this planking craze and now that I've seen someone doing it on such a beautiful car, I hate it even more. I'm only 24 but I'm already starting to feel out of touch with young people when I see these new idiotic trends like planking, owling, etc.

johnnyqt25

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jul 8, 2011
Agree. Planking is probably one of the most stupidest things ever created. Makes you look idiotic.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
WTF is planking? And owling?

Planking: Just basically lie flat down on a surface
People-planking-580x435.jpg

Owling: Crouch like spiderman does
Owling-Demonstration-e1310604501764.jpeg

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
Hilarious:)

Thanks for the explanation:)

Well it's getting late here, guess I'm gonna go do some reverse planking in my bed.

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
I dont get the idea of planking or owling.
You just make yourself look like an idiot in front of a crowd

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RollsRhys

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 22, 2011
Seattle, WA
I hate this planking craze and now that I've seen someone doing it on such a beautiful car, I hate it even more. I'm only 24 but I'm already starting to feel out of touch with young people when I see these new idiotic trends like planking, owling, etc.

Dude... totally.

911Carrera

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Aug 1, 2011
Planking is lame. But he can do whatever he wants with his car. I'm not mad at him.

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
I dont get the idea of planking or owling.
You just make yourself look like an idiot in front of a crowd

Totally, which makes it even more idiotic that people have died or gotten seriously hurt while planking. This idiot planks on a rail and one of his "friends" pushes him into the water:

[video]http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhYFnmVu2XsHOUKr2v[/video]

There's also coneing, which is going to a drive thru and grabbing the ice cream cone by the top instead of the bottom. So retarded!

[video=youtube;WygNjMSllLQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WygNjMSllLQ[/video]

There's a video of Justin Beiber doing it too.

[video=youtube;sJls2iXC2-c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJls2iXC2-c[/video]

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Planking is lame. But he can do whatever he wants with his car. I'm not mad at him.

The only way a "planker" owns a 2 million dollar car is if he/she won the lotto. I think if I caught a planker on my car I would beat the piss out of him.

Ivan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 22, 2011
Planking

Just to be clear, I don't do any planking (I think it's weird and pointless) but I think there is opportunity in fads like these.

Imagine how easy it would have been to rank for "planking" in Google when this was just starting to get popular. I realize that these fads usually go stale pretty quick and they're not based on a "need", per se, but if millions are searching for it there has got to be a way to monetize it. Community sites, photo sharing networks, etc. It's already been done for planking, but spotting these things early on may be a way to get some relatively easy access to millions of lives that you can impact.

Thoughts?

Dutchy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Apr 20, 2011
London
Just to be clear, I don't do any planking (I think it's weird and pointless) but I think there is opportunity in fads like these.

Imagine how easy it would have been to rank for "planking" in Google when this was just starting to get popular. I realize that these fads usually go stale pretty quick and they're not based on a "need", per se, but if millions are searching for it there has got to be a way to monetize it. Community sites, photo sharing networks, etc. It's already been done for planking, but spotting these things early on may be a way to get some relatively easy access to millions of lives that you can impact.

Thoughts?

Absolutely. There's money in pretty much anything. Just find out how to get to it.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Thoughts?

Absolutely!

Seriously, anyone care to delve into the psychology of these things? And how it relates to Fastlane?

Ivan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 22, 2011
Planking

There's definitely money to be made by being quick to spot trends and execute. I started paying attention to this kind of thing when i heard about the guy who made 120k in a few days by setting up a site and selling shirts when bin Laden was killed.

The nice/bad part is that these events or fads usually violate the commandment of entry. Nice because those who move quickly can make a killing, bad for reasons that have been covered pretty thoroughly in this forum.

Fads and interest in current events fade pretty quickly, so I don't think making money from these things is a sustainable business strategy (unless you do it a few times and then sell the system in the form of books/seminars/etc).

Still, I wouldn't mind having an extra $120k to turbocharge my fastlane plan :)

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
There's definitely money to be made by being quick to spot trends and execute. I started paying attention to this kind of thing when i heard about the guy who made 120k in a few days by setting up a site and selling shirts when bin Laden was killed.

The nice/bad part is that these events or fads usually violate the commandment of entry. Nice because those who move quickly can make a killing, bad for reasons that have been covered pretty thoroughly in this forum.

Fads and interest in current events fade pretty quickly, so I don't think making money from these things is a sustainable business strategy (unless you do it a few times and then sell the system in the form of books/seminars/etc).

Still, I wouldn't mind having an extra $120k to turbocharge my fastlane plan :)

The problem is that by the time you special order the materials to sell, the fad might be over. You'd have to go from fad to fad to make sustainable income.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
I just went to youtube to see more of this funny stuff, just to learn new trend is koalaing:)

Opportunity takers sorry, godaddy's got the domain already:) But you can try backwards koalaing:

Koalaing Backwards - YouTube

Teapotting's nice:

Teapotting - the new Planking? - YouTube

Guess you can pick an animal, or an object, register the domain and come up with your own trend:)

EDIT: look up Lamping too, and other hilarious stuff:)

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 10, 2011
Planking is hitting kids these days. I think it like another way to express themselves, or on the other hand express their crazy side. Like free running, planking is a recreational exercise, maybe for them it's stress reliever, anyway, good luck to all plankers! Do tell if you get paid for planking, I'll apply.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.