The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

phpbb question

phoenix_ent

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
May 27, 2008
Ok im trying to make a forum site like this http://indieartistsonline.com/ but im having problems putting phpbb together. I have downloaded version 3.0.1 but when I open it up its all these sub folders. so anybody familiar with this can you please tell me how to install this on my site using godaddy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
FileZilla, Core FTP Lite. Google those, they're free.

File Transfer Protocol

If you have hosting with Fanstico, you can install it with a few clicks.

phoenix_ent

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
May 27, 2008
ok thanks. so tell me if im right download filezilla or something. then move the whole folder into my host which is godaddy. right?

Banthaman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 15, 2008
Earth... yes that is specific
I'd probably hold off on phpBB 3 until some more of the bugs are worked out 2.x is still out there with a lot of nice templates and customizing is pretty easy. I would have to agree with filezilla. I've used a few and it just works.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
You need to go into your Godaddy cpanel and set up the FTP access from there, when you download filezilla, you will create a new "account" on it with the information which will let you connect to your server. Godaddy will have easy intructions in the FAQ. once it is all uploaded you ned to follow the phpBB instructions. it will tell you to goto a link like install.php which is where you will set it up. If im not mistaken you will also have to set up a MySQL database from godaddy as well. Again their FAQ or support line will help you through this process.

These are very common things and have become step by step easy.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I have never used fantasitco... what is it? ( not to say i need it but i hear it mentioned a lot) Is it a program manager for major OS software pre installed?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.